Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2014, 08:24 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times

Advertisements

This is now the thing the prez of Honduras is spewing. Hey pay me and I will keep the illegals away. Third world countries are now trying to blackmail us. Our leader............is off in the vinyards and don't care.

Old 07-19-2014, 08:41 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
They have no way of preventing their people from leaving. And as long as we continue to allow US businesses to employ their people, they will come and come and come. No fence is high enough, nor troops deep enough to prevent illegal immigration so long as they can find jobs in the US.

Most politicans on all sides of the aisle are not serious about preventing illegal immigration. If they were they would favor getting serious about employment of undocumented workers. Instead, they and their financial backers make sure we focus on the illegals, not the root cause.

Should Congress decide to spend $70 billion a year to pretend to do something about the borders, there is no doubt that subcontractors will hire undocumented workers to erect fences. The irony.

Old 07-19-2014, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
They have no way of preventing their people from leaving. And as long as we continue to allow US businesses to employ their people, they will come and come and come. No fence is high enough, nor troops deep enough to prevent illegal immigration so long as they can find jobs in the US.

Most politicans on all sides of the aisle are not serious about preventing illegal immigration. If they were they would favor getting serious about employment of undocumented workers.

Should Congress decide to spend $70 billion a year to pretend to do something about the borders, there is no doubt that subcontractors will hire undocumented workers to erect fences. The irony.
You are correct. The flood is on. Government tosses money away it will just be that..........tossed away. I guess we just have to sit back and arm up. I got mine.

Old 07-19-2014, 08:46 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
You are correct. The flood is on. Government tosses money away it will just be that..........tossed away. I guess we just have to sit back and arm up. I got mine.
No, we need to establish mandatory jail time for the heads of companies that hire illegals, no jobs=no illegals.

Old 07-19-2014, 08:48 AM

6,073 posts, read 4,752,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
No, we need to establish mandatory jail time for the heads of companies that hire illegals, no jobs=no illegals.
every time they try to punish business owners with laws, they are called racists. by they, I refer to law makers. several towns have taken things into their own hands, and they are ridiculed nationally. I think there was a good example in hazleton, PA. I agree with you.

Old 07-19-2014, 08:48 AM

Ah yes................don't punish the illegals who are illegally in our country. Punish the evil rich heads of companies. lol

So go liberals.

Old 07-19-2014, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
every time they try to punish business owners with laws, they are called racists. by they, I refer to law makers. several towns have taken things into their own hands, and they are ridiculed nationally. I think there was a good example in hazleton, PA. I agree with you.
I say you break the law you break the law. Liberals look upon these ILLEGALS as some charity case. Hey they walked all the way over here.............walk back. We will even give em some water for their trip back. Get the hell out unless you follow the LAW and do it legally. Not rocket science common sense. Now the left wants to go after the evil owners of a business. Just a joke.

Old 07-19-2014, 08:52 AM

6,073 posts, read 4,752,027 times
Quote:
Ah yes................don't punish the illegals who are illegally in our country. Punish the evil rich heads of companies. lol

So go liberals.
it is impossible to punish all of the illegals, and far too expensive. we need to cut it off at the source. just fine companies that hire them. pretty soon, it will be too expensive and too much of a hassle. then the illegals self deport.

Old 07-19-2014, 08:52 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post

Most politicans on all sides of the aisle are not serious about preventing illegal immigration. If they were they would favor getting serious about employment of undocumented workers. Instead, they and their financial backers make sure we focus on the illegals, not the root cause.

It's not just business' fault.

The US government allows this.
We have bastardized our laws. Illegals have more rights than citizens in some cases.

Don't put all the blame on business because there's plenty others to take the blame.

The USG has mandated to states that citizenship should not be checked for certain things.
The USG itself won't use e-verity. They even removed it from the stimulus bill before it went to Obama for signing.

If the government was serious about this then our laws would be enforced and not watered down.

Eisenhower was the only President that put citizens first and did his best to enforce the law rather than just grant blanket amnesty and promises of "reform".

Old 07-19-2014, 08:53 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:

So go liberals.
Yeah, give the facilitators who profit from cheap illegal labor a pass while doing NOTHING to solve the problem but whine, so go the self-Righteous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies