Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2014, 02:34 AM

11,039 posts, read 16,857,456 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
I believe most Arabs in the world, whether in Egypt or Gaza, want democracy---just like everyone else.
I don't know how true that is, though... Not everyone in the world wants democracy and tbh it may not work well for some cultures. Most of the people I know here in China are of the opinion that democracy wouldn't work here. Look what happened to Iraq when it was given democracy. Look at how the Arab Spring panned out. Those scumbag dictators may have been evil, but they kept groups like Hamas, ISIS, etc from wreaking havoc.

I think they want peace like everyone else in the world does, but many of them don't see the inverse reaction between peace and the pursuit of vengeance; so, when given democracy, they vote in a party whose platform revolves around fighting rather than pursuing peace and more or less take the blame for keeping themselves down. The ones that do understand this inverse reaction, don't have enough of a voice in Gaza.

Old 07-21-2014, 03:02 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,739,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
A bargain for whom exactly? The Palestinians aren't bothering me. They aren't bothering you either.

What am I getting for 3 billion?
"0" American Troops in Israel. What are we getting for the 48,000 Troops in Germany at a cost of nearly $8 Billion per year (and that doesn't even include housing)?

It's a US gov't accounting trick. No US troops in a country gets placed on the USAID accounting sheet and US troops who are in other countries get the money spent on them hidden in the convoluted monstrous accounting sheet of the Military Budget. So even if we compare it to South Korea or Japan it's still a bargain. BTW what are we getting for the money we pour into Germany,S. Korea and Japan yearly?

Old 07-21-2014, 03:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
I don't know how true that is, though... Not everyone in the world wants democracy and tbh it may not work well for some cultures.
No, they don't want the word Democracy because its connected to the US. But if one listed the items individually w/o mentioning the word Democracy then they want what's on the list.

Old 07-21-2014, 03:10 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,786,069 times
Quote:
Hamas has also been power-hungry and short-sighted, but that doesn't give Israel the right to commit war crimes and kill hundreds of innocent civilians and children.

Latest fatality count :

Palestinians - 469 mostly civilians, and ~ 20 % children

Israelis - 20 almost all military
ARE YOU KIDDING ME!

Get off your denial horse and admit that Hamas are terrorists , DAMN IT!

I'm beyond tired of how Palestinians are the poor innocents when Hamas has no problem hiding behind women and children, God damn them!

Pu$$ies, just like Bin Laden... they try to kill people without provocation and then hide rockets and weapons in schools and hospitals!!! AND YOU HAVE THE AUDACITY to claim it's Israel that are killing women and children? Are you frikkin bat sh|t crazy?

WTF is wrong with you people? Were you dropped on your heads as children?

Old 07-21-2014, 03:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
It appears they have had it and will take care of bidness. Screamers can scream but that time is over now.
It appears they are done fk'n around! Good for them!!!
We just lost a local boy from Woodland Hills in the conflict, and I'm mad as hell!

Hamas and the PLO deserve to be sent to hell!

Old 07-21-2014, 03:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
The non-mystic Orthodox are decidedly not anti-Zionist. Chabad is not anti-Zionist. Shas is not anti-Zionist. The core of the Orthodoxy is militantly pro-Zionist. The anti-Zionist sects have no real power other than relatively minor grassroots power and maybe some newer influence in Halachic matters of the state (state recognized conversions, marriages, etc). Zionism, by far, is not secular. You're telling me that, from 1948 forward, there wasn't a strong undercurrent of Biblical justification that provided an ostensible moral foundation for the creation of the state of Israel? That's just not true, and it remains untrue in the present day international politics of Israel as well as in Israel's internal religious and political climate. The mythology (doesn't imply 'fake') of the Biblical Jews is core to Israeli identity politics. Any interview with most Orthodox or IDF soldiers in Israel would likely reveal as much. Just ask them if they will let the Arabs take away their land, and await the indignant gush colored with perspectives on 2,000 year old injustice.
In the world of the Ultra Orthodox, being Pro Zionist is not the same of being Pro Israel. They believe in the Land of Israel and Jerusalem being its center due to the fact that is where the main Jewish Temples were. This is contrast to all the other Jews who believe in the existence of the State of Israel. Since this is not a Israel History thread you will need to go read about the two references to Israel.

Old 07-21-2014, 03:24 AM

Quote:
How does Hamas get a win out of this? You must be kidding.
I hope Hamas is sent to extinction myself, thanks!

Old 07-21-2014, 03:40 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,301,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombre_Corriendo View Post
As long as there is a hardliner like Netanyahu in charge, those borders ain't going nowhere. Except maybe outwards!
Spoils of war. They should take what they can get. I'm behind Israel 100%. Enough is enough from these terrorists.

Old 07-21-2014, 05:40 AM

5,864 posts, read 4,978,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Well for me it's made easier by doing a little simple math:

https://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org.../osloterr.html

Israeli casualties of war - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

List of Palestinian suicide attacks - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Even discarding the years prior to 46, the Israelis haven't balanced the books yet, so truck on!

It's all too easy to forget things like the attack on the Achille Lauro when a jewish man confined to a wheel chair was murdered and thrown over the side of the ship.

The Death of Leon Klinghoffer on the Achille Lauro Cruise Ship - 25 Years Later : Cruise Law News

A little historical perspective is always useful.
And Israel has never done anything to Palestine right? They've just been sweet little angels this whole time right? Please. Hamas may be a terrorist organization but Israel's not exactly clean either. That is why I advocate the U.S. staying out of that hornet's nest. There are no innocent actors in the ME. Not to mention Israel's whole claim to that land is based off of a book of Jewish myths (the Bible) that they wrote which isn't exactly a scientific and unbiased source.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies