Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2014, 12:29 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,003,124 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
So I'm guessing you'll be the first to give up your home when the Indians demand it back, right?

That "innocent Jews" line is really ridiculous, btw. The only innocent ones are the Palestianian (and not only) families who have been kicked out of house and home, and now live in an outdoor prison in Gaza.

Peace.
brian
I guess the evil Jews weren't innocent when they were slaughtered during WWII?? lol

You make no sense in the least. Go suck up to your professor.

Old 07-21-2014, 12:48 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,745,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway
The only innocent ones are the Palestinian (and not only) families who have been kicked out of house and home, and now live in an outdoor prison in Gaza.
Please show us photos of this outdoor prison.

Old 07-21-2014, 12:50 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,463,404 times
Isreali asshat snipers shoot at unarmed rescue crews - Palestinian killed
LiveLeak.com - Israeli sniper killing wounded civilian

Old 07-21-2014, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Isreali asshat snipers shoot at unarmed rescue crews - Palestinian killed
LiveLeak.com - Israeli sniper killing wounded civilian
Okay. You gave us a video with rubble, some popping sounds, no photos of Israelis, no blood on anybody and what sounds like an American female voice in the background. Thus the comment and video are worthless.

BTW since the Israelis entered Gaza 4 days ago, why is the video dated 7 days ago?

And here is another video with many of the same snips and trying to date it today. Gotta love video editing.
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=2b1_1405961126

Last edited by Pruzhany; 07-21-2014 at 01:28 PM..

Old 07-21-2014, 01:47 PM

11,998 posts, read 12,934,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
Fair enough-but one is too many, and with nearly 20% of the killings being children there is definitely a question of ethics. Some days I have seen reports where nearly 75% of the killings were either women or children.

In all honesty, what is your solution? "Carpet-bombing all of Gaza" is not a reasonable solution as it would only alienate Israel from it's allies in the Western world and probably create even more terrorists and radical views in their own backyard which would threaten the safety of the country and people in the long run.

It just seems like such a stupid, ancient and barbaric issue to me when The United States was formed on the basis of freedom of religion and not only are Jewish people welcomed here with open arms but they are one of our countries greatest success stories-if not greatest. Many Muslims in that part of the World are fanatical and theocratic while in my experience most Jewish people are less overtly religious and more accepting-which makes me wonder why any would choose to live in that part of the World over the US.

I certainly respect Israel's right to exist and I suppose defend itself but this conflict will not end in our lifetime and teaching people not to bomb by bombing them will never bring peace or resolution. Land grabbing only exasperates the conflict.

Old 07-21-2014, 01:50 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,563,173 times
Not sure if all you guys know. Everything Israel does will be blamed on USA, and those people will take their revenge against us.

Old 07-21-2014, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
In all honesty, what is your solution?...
Over the next few weeks there is none. Both sides need to get their emotions out in order to think more clearly. Talking is not going to do anything right now.

But what is my solution? Hamas needs to stop firing rockets and Israel needs a better border control system in place that looks more like a airport terminal than a barbed wired corridor. The Palestinian people need to have a referendum on what they want their futures to be. They need to remove Hamas and Fatah from power and hold them accountable for their actions and misrepresentations to the people and get back he $100s of Million that they have stolen just as Arafat did. They need to go back to 2005 and start over with new elections and create a real economy. There is enough money out there to invest in their growth and they need to accept that these investors need to be part of the process and not simply send a check and hope for the best. (This worked very well, business wise, for Egypt until Morsi came to power.) The fix will take time. Maybe a decade. Maybe more.

We can't look backwards at what was. We need to look forward at what can be.

Old 07-21-2014, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Not sure if all you guys know. Everything Israel does will be blamed on USA, and those people will take their revenge against us.
Sorry but you're wrong. These people are not dumb no matter the rhetoric their leaders spout. They know that Europeans are the true culprits of the problems in N Africa and the middle east. They can see Israel and there is not one shantytown anywhere in Israel. The Israeli Arabs and Bedouins are proof of that and their prosperity of living in Israel.

Old 07-21-2014, 03:05 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,935,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
Fair enough-but one is too many, and with nearly 20% of the killings being children there is definitely a question of ethics. Some days I have seen reports where nearly 75% of the killings were either women or children.

In all honesty, what is your solution? "Carpet-bombing all of Gaza" is not a reasonable solution as it would only alienate Israel from it's allies in the Western world and probably create even more terrorists and radical views in their own backyard which would threaten the safety of the country and people in the long run.

It just seems like such a stupid, ancient and barbaric issue to me when The United States was formed on the basis of freedom of religion and not only are Jewish people welcomed here with open arms but they are one of our countries greatest success stories-if not greatest. Many Muslims in that part of the World are fanatical and theocratic while in my experience most Jewish people are less overtly religious and more accepting-which makes me wonder why any would choose to live in that part of the World over the US.

I certainly respect Israel's right to exist and I suppose defend itself but this conflict will not end in our lifetime and teaching people not to bomb by bombing them will never bring peace or resolution. Land grabbing only exasperates the conflict.
Before the building of the border fence between them, many of the suicide bombers that came into Israel from that border were women and children. While it may well be true that they have been brainwashed in order to do such a thing, the fact is they did. War is a very ugly thing. Anyone who has ever been to war will tell you that innocent people die. That is just the nature of the beast.

Old 07-21-2014, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
Before the building of the border fence between them, many of the suicide bombers that came into Israel from that border were women and children. While it may well be true that they have been brainwashed in order to do such a thing, the fact is they did. War is a very ugly thing. Anyone who has ever been to war will tell you that innocent people die. That is just the nature of the beast.
A majority of the suicide bombers crossed from the West Bank. Nearly all of them where men. As they being women, there were four before today. As to being children there were many.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Child_s...inian_conflict

But today it started up again:

Israel News - Female Suicide Bomber Tried to Blow up Israeli Soldiers - JerusalemOnline
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies