Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2014, 12:39 PM

29,407 posts, read 21,996,065 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Yes, the metro areas in the Plains are certainly growing in population. For instance, Wichita has grown by 12% since the year 2000. The good of is that more and more people are abandoning most of the small towns and moving to the metro areas, and so they will have better access to medical and dental care, along with more opportunities for employment and shopping.
Yes shop is all that matters. Leave folks alone. They have lived for many a year and will continue on. Liberals telling folks where and how to live will not change that. Most do brush their teetch and go shop..........lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2014, 03:18 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,919,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Agenda 21 at work............
I used to think it's Agenda 21 at work, but come on. What sizable service industry company is going to relocate to a small town of 4000 people versus the nearby city of 100,000? Really, dude? You're not from a small town, are you? I can tell you that just about EVERYBODY in my small town wanted to move to the big city, and many did, including myself. There aren't many jobs where I used to live, and it was a damn depressing place to live, end of story. That has NOTHING to do with Agenda 21. You're such a suburbanite

Old 07-21-2014, 03:44 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,215,585 times
That article is a load of crap. Small towns on the not-so-great plains are dying, the landscape is about as dull as you can get, the weather sucks, and then you have all the wack job conservatives. No thanks!

Old 07-21-2014, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
I used to think it's Agenda 21 at work, but come on. What sizable service industry company is going to relocate to a small town of 4000 people versus the nearby city of 100,000? Really, dude? You're not from a small town, are you? I can tell you that just about EVERYBODY in my small town wanted to move to the big city, and many did, including myself. There aren't many jobs where I used to live, and it was a damn depressing place to live, end of story. That has NOTHING to do with Agenda 21. You're such a suburbanite
Agenda 21 is a slow crawl.

Your place was depressing? Then move which it appears you did. Don't tell others what to do.

Old 07-21-2014, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
That article is a load of crap. Small towns on the not-so-great plains are dying, the landscape is about as dull as you can get, the weather sucks, and then you have all the wack job conservatives. No thanks!
Yeah lets all pack into big city and deal with the wack job liberals.........so it goes. Leave others alone. Do what you want don't tell others how to live. Why is that so hard to figure out? You will die first.

Old 07-21-2014, 05:13 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,739,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Desal takes huge ammounts of energy. Who's going to pay that much for water? Some places that are heavily populated today were never meant to support that many people. Those places will be depopulated naturaly as people move to other areas. Las Vegas, Phoenix and parts of SoCal come to mind.
Solar desalination could be a cheap means of creating more water, or have it powered by Thorium reactors.

Old 07-21-2014, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
I'd rather see the depopulation of such cesspools of humanity like Newark, New York City, Chicago and San Francisco.
Hell no, keep these areas quarantined as the sickness they so clearly are.

Old 07-21-2014, 07:20 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,919,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Agenda 21 is a slow crawl.

Your place was depressing? Then move which it appears you did. Don't tell others what to do.
Did I tell anyone else what to do? No, I didn't. Stop your suburban paranoia already, geez. I only said that Agenda 21 is not the only reason why the rural Plains are being depopulated everybody is "self-deporting" from their towns.

By the way, rural life is not as glamorous as you think it is. I know Fox News, Rush, and company love to prop up the rural American as some kind of cultural hero, something to aspire to, but drug use and alcoholism is rampant in rural America, and not just weed, I'm talking crystal meth. Maybe the Right should stop idealizing what rural life is like, cause it's not as cracked up as you, and every other neo-Confederate suburbanite and city boy on this forum, think it is

Old 07-21-2014, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Did I tell anyone else what to do? No, I didn't. Stop your suburban paranoia already, geez. I only said that Agenda 21 is not the only reason why the rural Plains are being depopulated everybody is "self-deporting" from their towns.

By the way, rural life is not as glamorous as you think it is. I know Fox News, Rush, and company love to prop up the rural American as some kind of cultural hero, something to aspire to, but drug use and alcoholism is rampant in rural America, and not just weed, I'm talking crystal meth. Maybe the Right should stop idealizing what rural life is like, cause it's not as cracked up as you, and every other neo-Confederate suburbanite and city boy on this forum, think it is
Low crime
Low taxes
Low nanny statism
More freedom
More privacy

Tell you what lefttist stay in the city, we keep the suburbs and country.

Also Agenda 21 and its affects on this nation are being to became very self evident.

Old 07-21-2014, 07:29 PM

50,242 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
It's not the dreaded Conservatives shooting it up in Denver. You must live a sheltered life, probably E Aurora in a pasty white hood with more Republicans than you even know about. Que the two mass shootings. Gangs have killed 500% + more people in Denver than the three kooks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies