Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2014, 10:29 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,817,332 times

Advertisements

knock off the vacation bullcrap. bush may have spent 381 days away from the white house at this point, but so what? he spent that time at his ranch dealing with world leaders, AT HIS RANCH. thus he was WORKING. being president is a highly stressful job my friend, and time away from the white house is needed for all of them, yes obama included. i dont deny any president time away, because i know that they take a large staff with them, and that they have just about everything they need to run the country from where ever they choose to take time away from the white house.

so take your, bush had more vacation days, than other presidents and stuff it where the sun dont shine, because that argument is crap.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2014, 10:39 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,656,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
knock off the vacation bullcrap. bush may have spent 381 days away from the white house at this point, but so what? he spent that time at his ranch dealing with world leaders, AT HIS RANCH. thus he was WORKING. being president is a highly stressful job my friend, and time away from the white house is needed for all of them, yes obama included. i dont deny any president time away, because i know that they take a large staff with them, and that they have just about everything they need to run the country from where ever they choose to take time away from the white house.

so take your, bush had more vacation days, than other presidents and stuff it where the sun dont shine, because that argument is crap.
It's not crap when we get endless posts from the hard core on all the vacation time Obama is taking, as if he's breaking new ground or something.
Besides, you're right. Bush has his Ranch. Obama has his Posse with him at all times. They have phones where they are on everyone's speed dial. Nobody screens their calls.

Old 08-23-2014, 11:04 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 16 days ago)

29,543 posts, read 16,524,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post

You really think Bush spent every vacation working, and Vice Versa, believe that Barack has had no workign vacations ?

im honestly not sure if you are joking or just that biased.

Old 08-23-2014, 11:25 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,518,530 times
The lies and distortions of the left.

Old 08-23-2014, 11:30 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,077,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irootoo View Post
Thank you for doing the math. Now maybe at least the minutely small percentage of complainers who can tell which number is larger will shut the heck up.
Hahaha.. the OP didnt do the math, he pulled a figure from someone elses butt who likes to believe that Bush going to his house to meet international dignitaries and holding meetings = a vacation day..

Left wingers, never afraid to embarass themself for our personal enjoyment and humor

Old 08-23-2014, 11:31 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,077,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
You really think Bush spent every vacation working,
If even ONE of those days counted were not vacation days, (and they werent because he held meetings etc) then the whole dam thread is garbage, which it is.

Old 08-24-2014, 12:42 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,817,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
It's not crap when we get endless posts from the hard core on all the vacation time Obama is taking, as if he's breaking new ground or something.
Besides, you're right. Bush has his Ranch. Obama has his Posse with him at all times. They have phones where they are on everyone's speed dial. Nobody screens their calls.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
You really think Bush spent every vacation working, and Vice Versa, believe that Barack has had no workign vacations ?

im honestly not sure if you are joking or just that biased.
you guys need ton reread what i wrote. i dont give a damn how many "vacation days" ANY president takes. it doesnt matter if it was bush, reagan, obama, clinton, carter, JFK, johnson, or whomever. they ALL take working vacations to get away from the stresses of the office.

but they ALL also take a large staff with them, so that they can still do the nations business regardless of where they are, be it bushs ranch in texas, or marthas vineyard, or the tetons, or where ever they choose to go.

these presidential vacation threads are all crap. one side says bush took 800 days of vacation, the other side pisses and moans about obamas spending when he takes his vacations, and again it is all crap. the people that claim that obama spends too much on vacations forget that most of the costs are spent regardless. and those are staffing and security. in fact the only spending that is extra is the travel expenses. and dont forget that the president picks up his own tab for lodging, meals, and other incidentals.

so like i have always said, i dont give a damn if presidents take vacations, because they actually do work on those vacations, something most americans dont do.

so please, no more threads about presidential vacations, because in the end they are all bull crap.

Old 08-24-2014, 05:33 AM

6,073 posts, read 4,745,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
I agree. The last 6 years have been a total Republican nightmare of obstruction and nasty partisan politics.
except for the first two years when the democrats had control of the congress. that was a very productive time frame for recklessly running up debt on idiotic programs.

Old 08-24-2014, 05:35 AM

6,073 posts, read 4,745,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
And so far, President Obama has been on vacation for 138 days.

381 days vs. 138 days.

The same person who lied us into a disaster in Iraq had already spent over one year on vacation since being President for less than six years. And that does not include him being asleep at the wheel and clowning around with John McCain in California while a major city was drowning from a hurricane.

Thank God that nightmare is over.
didn't obama just "get caught" fist bumping and golfing with CEO's right after a presser about an american journalist being beheaded by a terrorist group? when your best argument is "but look what this guy did," you've already lost.

Old 08-24-2014, 05:38 AM

825 posts, read 1,034,115 times
Threads like this are precisely why the US is screwed. Left vs right, red vs blue, it's all nonsense. You think vacation days matter when your rights are being stolen away, your children are sent off to die in pointless wars, and the wealth of the middle class is being siphoned off.

But by all means keep voting for "your" party. They'll fix everything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies