Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2014, 10:46 AM

18,782 posts, read 17,371,777 times

Advertisements

ACLU lawyer Alison Holcomb considering a run against Kshama Sawant | Politics Northwest | Seattle Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattle Times
Alison Holcomb, criminal justice director for the ACLU of Washington and prime mover behind our state’s legal weed law, said she is “considering very seriously” running for Seattle City Council against incumbent Kshama Sawant.
Alison Holcomb, chief author of our state's initiative (ballot measure) to legalize MaryJane, is thinking about challenging self-described Marxist and $15/hr minimum wage advocate Kshama Sawant.

Seattle City council is a pretty sweet gig, with a top salary level of about $120,000, second only among major cities to LA at $149,000. Kshama Sawant, donates all but $40,000 of her salary to loony-left causes, so she is clearly a true believer and not a rent-seeking scammer, like (say) a Hillary Clinton.

In other news, ally of Kshama Sawant (and hottie) Jess Spear is challenging liberal democrat WA House Speaker Frank Chopp. His district is the same turf where Kshama Sawant upset a longtime liberal democrat council member, so that race could be interesting.
Sawant ally takes on powerful Frank Chopp in Seattle race for Statehouse | Local News | The Seattle Times

In both races, there will be a mad scramble to see which candidate can get to the left of the other one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2014, 10:52 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,531,102 times
Sawant pushed the $15/hour wage change.
She's got a good following.

Old 07-20-2014, 10:58 AM

18,782 posts, read 17,371,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Sawant pushed the $15/hour wage change.
She's got a good following.
Someone, I forget who, referred to her following as the 'flying monkeys.'

Old 07-20-2014, 11:01 AM

9,282 posts, read 6,746,808 times
Operation "Take Down The Marxist Clown" is in full swing.

Old 07-20-2014, 11:03 AM

13,778 posts, read 9,669,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Someone, I forget who, referred to her following as the 'flying monkeys.'
Probably Petch or GeorgiaDem. Actually it could have been any number of posters on this forum.

Old 07-20-2014, 11:07 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,021,070 times
Reminds me of the fake indian. Why anyone votes for clowns like this I will never understand.

Old 07-20-2014, 11:11 AM

13,778 posts, read 9,669,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Reminds me of the fake indian. Why anyone votes for clowns like this I will never understand.
In all elections, choices are limited. It does seem to be the main complaint among voters.

Old 07-20-2014, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
In all elections, choices are limited. It does seem to be the main complaint among voters.
You are correct. IMO most get into politics because they want to do some good..........then they end up having to find money and have to bow to their "side" of the line and so it goes. The ones that bow down en up in DC.

Old 07-20-2014, 01:03 PM

8,016 posts, read 5,864,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Indeed, I could not agree more.

For example, in Florida right now, you have the following choice for governor:

Rick Scott (R), who honestly should be in jail
Charlie "Don't Call Me Jesus" Crist (D), who honestly should just come out of the closet.

Crist was the governor before Scott. Crist was a Republican then, and has been "reborn" as a Democrat.

It's the equivalent of having to choose between two girls on Match.com. One has herpes, and the other has syphillis.

This is what the American political scene has decomposed into. It's a vast cesspool of worthless candidates.

Old 07-20-2014, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
Indeed, I could not agree more.

For example, in Florida right now, you have the following choice for governor:

Rick Scott (R), who honestly should be in jail
Charlie "Don't Call Me Jesus" Crist (D), who honestly should just come out of the closet.

Crist was the governor before Scott. Crist was a Republican then, and has been "reborn" as a Democrat.

It's the equivalent of having to choose between two girls on Match.com. One has herpes, and the other has syphillis.

This is what the American political scene has decomposed into. It's a vast cesspool of worthless candidates.
Not all are worthless..............but they do go where the money is in the end which makes em as so. I guess the next batch will be the same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies