Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2014, 05:35 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,320,820 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
you are aware that suicides by gun accounted for about six of every 10 firearm deaths in 2010 and just over half of all suicides, according to data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention?

Gun Stats: Gun Deaths by Category | BlogTruth

Furthermore there is no one of know how many are law abiding citizens defending themselves ?

How many law enforcement officers defending themselves?

How many are gang members killing each other?

Hey we value liberty, freedom and its defense over safety..
What?
In any case, if you say you value freedom, don't bring up other countries as being the shining beacon on the hill to emulate. What they all have in common is generous safely nets, cheap education, socialized medicine and strict gun control, It all works in tandem. You can't just separate one thing.

Old 07-31-2014, 05:48 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,740,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
What?
In any case, if you say you value freedom, don't bring up other countries as being the shining beacon on the hill to emulate. What they all have in common is generous safely nets, cheap education, socialized medicine and strict gun control, It all works in tandem. You can't just separate one thing
No way of know how many are citizens defending themselves.

I actually can bring them up seeing how their education system is outperforming ours..

No it does not work in tandem..They can afford the former 3 things because they do not have to be the worlds police force, and deal with the massive cost of illegal immigration..I have no idea how anyone could come to use a baseless conclusions.

Case in point New Orleans has charter schools the first in the nation to have a whole district with nothing but charter schools and protect the 2nd Amendment....Proving your theory wrong.

Old 07-31-2014, 07:58 PM

Quote:
No way of know how many are citizens defending themselves.

I actually can bring them up seeing how their education system is outperforming ours..

No it does not work in tandem..They can afford the former 3 things because they do not have to be the worlds police force, and deal with the massive cost of illegal immigration..I have no idea how anyone could come to use a baseless conclusions.

Case in point New Orleans has charter schools the first in the nation to have a whole district with nothing but charter schools and protect the 2nd Amendment....Proving your theory wrong.
Neither do you. You pinned that sheriff's badge on yourself.
As far as illegals go, you've been letting them in for decades. They'll keep coming if you keep letting them in.

Old 07-31-2014, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Neither do you. You pinned that sheriff's badge on yourself.
As far as illegals go, you've been letting them in for decades. They'll keep coming if you keep letting them in.
Hey Canada wants the role? Great have at it.

It must be great to have the greatest military on Earth right next door, you guys can just sit back and let us do all the work...

We have not been letting them in, that is the fault of Congress, who are not accountable to the America people.

Last edited by gunlover; 07-31-2014 at 09:09 PM..

Old 07-31-2014, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Hey Canada what the role? Great have at it.

It must be great to have the greatest military on Earth right next door, you guys can just sit back and let us do all the work...

We have not been letting them in, that is the fault of Congress, who are not accountable to the America people.
What? I don't know what "Hey Canada what the role" means.
Again...you pinned that badge on yourself. Nobody asked you. You feel like invading other countries and being the world's busybody? Have at it.

Old 07-31-2014, 09:12 PM

Quote:
What? I don't know what "Hey Canada what the role" means.
Again...you pinned that badge on yourself. Nobody asked you. You feel like invading other countries and being the world's busybody? Have at it.
Misfire of my mic..

Hey if Canada wants that role fine, have fun..But then again with us pulling back I guess you guys will have increase military spending.

We do not want to be the worlds police officer...It is a worthless thankless job that has no pay off.

To hell with the rest of the world...

Old 07-31-2014, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Misfire of my mic..

Hey if Canada wants that role fine, have fun..But then again with us pulling back I guess you guys will have increase military spending.

We do not want to be the worlds police officer...It is a worthless thankless job that has no pay off.

To hell with the rest of the world...
Lose your fingers in a wood chipper?
No, of course you don't. That's why you built up your military to be bigger than the next ten countries combined.

Old 07-31-2014, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Lose your fingers in a wood chipper?
No, of course you don't. That's why you built up your military to be bigger than the next ten countries combined.
No, I am testing out my latest version of voice to text software that I wrote.

Hey that is the fault of the Congress they are not accountable to the American people.

Any why the hell do you Canadian care so much about our affairs?

Old 07-31-2014, 10:34 PM

Quote:
No, I am testing out my latest version of voice to text software that I wrote.

Hey that is the fault of the Congress they are not accountable to the American people.

Any why the hell do you Canadian care so much about our affairs?
In all honesty, I don't care that much, despite having close friends and family in the US.
That being said, Canadian boards are really boring, with everyone always agreeing with each other and all...
And I really don't like Republicans, but they amuse me and are fun to laugh at.

Old 07-31-2014, 11:07 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,892,966 times
Quote:
It all ties in, my friend. We can afford to spend more tax dollars on education if we're not treating gunshot wounds.
WOW...lol. You must have some long arms, 'cause you're really reaching on that one.

I agree with you though, it all does tie in, you've got that part right, you just have it backwards. See, if we spend more on education, which improves socioeconomic factors and leads to more opportunity, only then will we have to "spend less on gunshot wounds".... not because there'll be less guns, but because there'll be less people living lifestyles that are likely to get them shot. In other words, it's the poor education and lack of opportunity in impoverished areas that lead to the violence. You take the gun away and what do you have? You still have impoverished areas with sub-par education and lack of opportunity, that are still plagued by crime....just with less guns.

Although, this only makes sense if you are concerned with fixing the real issue, instead of just trying to come up with an easy fix to a complex problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies