Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2014, 02:56 AM

2,234 posts, read 1,751,578 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
I don't know. Depends on the orders they have been given, and I am not privy to that information.
He will be spending over 12 million a month for them to do nothing but aid the people who are already there. They will not be sending anyone back or turning anyone away. Oh and you are privy to this information, just like i am, but you didn't bother to read past the news headlines.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2014, 02:58 AM

16,433 posts, read 22,128,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoniDanko View Post
Oh and you are privy to this information, just like i am, but you didn't bother to read past the news headlines.
I guess I'm just not as eager to demean Perry's action as you are.

Old 07-22-2014, 03:02 AM

2,234 posts, read 1,751,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
I guess I'm just not as eager to demean Perry's action as you are.
I'm not eager to demean anything. He's is wasting 12million of tax payer money so that he can look good come election time.

Old 07-22-2014, 03:14 AM

16,433 posts, read 22,128,074 times
Quote:
I'm not eager to demean anything. He's is wasting 12million of tax payer money so that he can look good come election time.
That is your belief. I hope for other motivation on his part, like really caring for this country.

Old 07-22-2014, 04:59 AM

56,931 posts, read 25,873,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
It's really sad and pathetic that this Obama JOKE can't/won't do his job.

Rick Perry should be commended for taking action where Obama FAILS to do his damn job.

Let this Obama clown make his move before the mid terms and over play his hand and watch the ensuing backlash against it.

Bring it !!!!
Every president for the past 40 years has failed, Perry is on the campaign trail and feels that this is his Reagan moment but it could certainly backfire. Border patrol agents, deportations and fences have increased under Obama maybe we could do more of the same but it doesn't seem to be working. Mexico is finally doing something about it's southern border but the key is problem the problem why they are coming here in the first place.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/07/20/wo...-own.html?_r=0

Old 07-22-2014, 06:17 AM

5,696 posts, read 6,190,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
The National Guard is under the authority of the US Defense Department. Governors can call them up for a "State Emergency" (broadly defined as a "Natural occurrence", like tornados, riots, hurricanes) - "Border Protection" does not count.

Like I said - maybe 1 in a Million understand the situation. Perry can be overturned in a nano-second by the Pentagon and Team Obama. Whether that happens or not .... the State of Texas is responsible for ALL expenses of the Texas National Guard when not called up the the FED's.

Texas does have control of the State Guard and the Texas Department of Public Safety, BUT - anything Border related in dependent on Section 287 "Federal Rules". Perry was asking for the National Guard to be called up under Section 32 Rules .... Team Obama refused, so he went forward without them.

yes an I fully expect Obama and his hirelings to put a halt to this before it gets the first boot on the ground
Obama does not care about these kids who knows what is in his twisted mind I personally think he should be hauled in for a mental exam!!!
there is a LOT of gang members coming over as well as who knows what??? I salute Gov Perry at least he is showing what leadership looks like and he is shining a light on our worthless POS president!!!!

Old 07-22-2014, 06:25 AM

62,597 posts, read 28,779,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
What he admitted is that the majority of these people never make it into the country at all, thats not the same was what you are arguing, which is that the numbers themselves are wrong.

Show me one time that President Obama said he was giving illegal aliens amnesty and i will delete my account.
So-called CIR is amnesty as they won't have to follow the same path as legal immigrants do. Please feel free to delete your account as promised, thanks.

Last edited by Oldglory; 07-22-2014 at 07:14 AM..

Old 07-22-2014, 06:27 AM

77,003 posts, read 47,342,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPt111 View Post
Is this good idea ?

AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — Gov. Rick Perry is deploying up to 1,000 National Guard troops to the Texas-Mexico border over the next month to combat what he said Monday were criminals exploiting a surge of children pouring into the U.S. illegally.

Perry, a vocal critic of the White House's response to the border crisis who is himself mulling a second presidential run, said the state has a responsibility to act after "lip service and empty promises" from Washington.
"I will not stand idly by while our citizens are under assault and little children from Central America are detained in squalor," the governor said.
The deployment of National Guard troops, which may act in a law enforcement capacity under state authority, will cost Texas an estimated $12 million per month. They will simply be "referring and deterring" immigrants and not detaining people, Texas Adjutant General John Nichols said. But he added that the National Guard could take people into custody if need be.
"We think they'll come to us and say, 'Please take us to a Border Patrol station," Nichols said.
Messages seeking comment were left with the U.S. Customs and Border Protection.
Perry bristled at suggestions from some Democratic state lawmakers and business groups that his move means Texas is militarizing is southern border

Perry sending National Guard troops to border
Good example of a politician who has preferred to cry and whine for 14 years before doing something to fix the problem. Unfortunately at this point this looks like nothing more like a political stunt.

Old 07-22-2014, 06:46 AM

3,804 posts, read 6,149,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
We quit taking the tired and poor, during the 1930's. They had to go through a check point with a physical exam.
From then until the 1980's, it was the rich and smart.

It would be very different, if this wasn't a welfare entitlement state.
But that's the thing isn't it? It was tired and poor yearning to be free. Not tired and poor yearning for a handout or even tired and poor yearning for a bigger paycheck.

Old 07-22-2014, 06:46 AM

21,397 posts, read 10,465,771 times
Quote:
He will be spending over 12 million a month for them to do nothing but aid the people who are already there. They will not be sending anyone back or turning anyone away. Oh and you are privy to this information, just like i am, but you didn't bother to read past the news headlines.
That assumes that the only people crossing are people from noncontiguous countries, but there are still lots of people crossing from Mexico, especially with the border patrol busy with these kids. I would think having guards there serves as a strong deterrent and may even cause many of these families not to risk their kids' lives on the trip. At least it's something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies