Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2014, 04:25 PM

183 posts, read 192,862 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
America, get back to work …able-bodied folks on welfare depend on you.
They would if they could...From the Center For Immigration Studies

All Employment Growth Since 2000 Went to Immigrants
Number of U.S.-born not working grew by 17 million

All Employment Growth Since 2000 Went to Immigrants | Center for Immigration Studies
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2014, 04:47 PM

32,021 posts, read 36,777,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
Are we THAT Stupid?
This bogus email has been going around since the Bush years.

Fact Check: Cost of Illegal Immigrants

Old 07-22-2014, 05:15 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,725,169 times
No fence is high enough nor troops deep enough to put a dent in illegal immigration so long as US people continue to hire undocumented workers.

The US people want all the benefits of cheap labor and then blame government for the consequences.

Old 07-22-2014, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
This bogus email has been going around since the Bush years.

Fact Check: Cost of Illegal Immigrants
There you go, trying to introduce facts, again.

Old 07-22-2014, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Retired View Post
They would if they could...From the Center For Immigration Studies

All Employment Growth Since 2000 Went to Immigrants
Number of U.S.-born not working grew by 17 million

All Employment Growth Since 2000 Went to Immigrants | Center for Immigration Studies
Walmart overtook IBM as the #1 employer in the 80's. McDonalds quickly followed and pushed IBM to #3. Then came Yum brands ( exp: Taco Bell) and IBM fell to #4.

We have a 30 year old trend here. Expecting a government, any government, to change these dynamics is going to result in disappointment. Those who take responsibility for their own outcomes and live within their means tend to fare better than those who blame government.

Old 07-22-2014, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Republican business men think this is a great deal. Hire the illegals at a cheap rate. turn their back on them after they are done with them and then let JOE the little guy pick up the tab.
I don't have any idea how people who hire undocumented workers vote. I do know they give a lot of flack to their representatives if they dare mention the need to impose consequences on those who hire undocumented workers. This is why the house is all about deficit spending $70-100 billion a year pretending government is doing something to stop illegal immigration.

The governor of Texas cannot even be bothered to require biometric E-Verify. If he did, the people would go after him with pitchforks. So much easier to blame than do the one thing that would nip it in the bud.

Old 07-22-2014, 05:38 PM

1,200 posts, read 1,604,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post
Did anyone notice that two of the link go back to 2004 10 years ago and the rest of the links dont work. This is another Tea Party hit job. The Tea Party is so deep in gubbermint programs from SS disability, VA disabilty, SSI, SS, Medicare, Tricare, Meals on Wheels, Medicaid, they want to deflect on the same people who empty their bed pans.
I did and you're right they don't seem to link to specific articles or the page can't be found. I assume most here didn't click on them since they appear to agree with the statements?

Old 07-22-2014, 05:42 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,891,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
1. $11 Billion to $22 billion is spent on welfare to illegal aliens each year by state governments.
Verify at: Home | Federation for American Immigration Reform

2. $22 Billion dollars a year is spent on food assistance programs such as food stamps, WIC, and free school lunches for illegal aliens.
Verify at: The High Cost of Cheap Labor | Center for Immigration Studies

3. $2.5 Billion dollars a year is spent on Medicaid for illegal aliens.
Verify at: The High Cost of Cheap Labor | Center for Immigration Studies

4. $12 Billion dollars a year is spent on primary and secondary school education for children here illegally and they cannot speak a word of English.
Verify at: http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANscrip.../ldt....0.HTML

5. $17 Billion dollars a year is spent for education for the American-born children of illegal aliens, known as anchor babies.
Verify at http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANscrip...01/ldt.01.HTML

6. $90 Billion Dollars a year is spent on illegal aliens for Welfare & social services by the American taxpayers.
Verify at: http://premium.cnn..com/TRANSCIPTS/0610/29/ldt.01..HTML

7. The Dark Side of Illegal Immigration: Nearly One million sex crimes committed by Illegal Aliens In The United States.
Verify at: http: // Drdsk.com

Are we THAT Stupid?
Yet we quit funding for vets, elderly and disabled AMERICANS. Tells me where the priorities are.

Old 07-22-2014, 05:45 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,891,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
So it's all about dollars and cents to you? You would fund illegal foreigners but not our own citizens? Unbelievable!
Yeah I was shocked but that is the mindset of many liberals. I've even had liberal traitors tell me they'd rather support illegals than vets.

It disgusts me to no end.

Old 07-22-2014, 05:50 PM

62,938 posts, read 29,126,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Yeah I was shocked but that is the mindset of many liberals. I've even had liberal traitors tell me they'd rather support illegals than vets.

It disgusts me to no end.
Their ethnocentric supporters are even more sickening because it is based on racism, IMO. And they have the nerve to attack our elderly our vets and our truly needy citizens in this country for getting benefits they are entitled to and even payed into those programs as citizens of this country? How much hatred does it take to attack our own citizens but defend illegal alien leeches and job stealers?

Last edited by Oldglory; 07-22-2014 at 05:58 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies