Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2014, 09:01 AM

2,429 posts, read 4,022,104 times

Advertisements

How about some big ideas? (how's that for a cliche?)
Discussing Mitt Romney, how and why his comments were used against him is all well and good, and worth learning from....

.....but what about the FUTURE of the U.S., and how to -- EITHER UNdo what has been done (if you disagree with it) -- or TWEAK/CORRECT some of it IF you think some of it's worth saving....THAT is what I'd like to here some ideas about.

And I mean serious well thought out STATESMEN-like BIG IDEAS and IDEALS -- that can be put into effect, and that the majority of the country can support.

ALL great civilizations have fallen...Are we so confident that American won't? IS America always going to be land of the free home of the brave, the beacon of democracy for the world. Will we always be the big dog on the block economically and geo-politically?

Maybe I listen to too much conservative talk radio....but I have to tell you I sometimes fear for the future of this country and MY future in particular (since I'm the only one I really need to take care of)

-- the immigration issue, America socially, and sociologically
-- major world conflicts (and our involvement or how the ripple into our areas of concern)
-- the American economy, class warfare
-- the global economy, competition

Sure, America has always faced crisis...and thrived afterward (the Revolution itself, WWI, WW2, etc,.) But the global economy wasn't an issue (India, China, Brazil -- heck -- the Philippines weren't taking jobs), wars were "over there," we couldn't really be harmed IN A BIG WAY right at our borders/doors...we didn't worry so much about whether those who could harm us were already here...just waiting. Technology has made this age and the coming ones very different.

Maybe I'm too doom-and gloom-...and with any luck the things I fear in terms of American decay and downfall, and implosion will hold off another 50 years so I'll be dead by then...but....

At 54, I fear -- because...right when I am in retirement and senior citizens years....the Soc Sys. could be bankrupt (I'm not kidding), the health care system could be rationing care (except for the very rich), God knows what the wages/job situation could be....class warfare tensions may have simmered to a boil.

Being upset about people leaving politics and making 200K speeches, presidents doing things that are unconstitutional, and the U.S. being in wars we may or may not need to be in, the greed/gov't regulations may or may not have encouraged the financial crisis, about half of the country getting some kind of gov't payout, the squeeze on the middle class, that's all well and good....but what about solutions?

Some DEEP $H!T could hit the fan in America in the next 20 years! This is not joke. I think voters need to think about these issues. Do you think most do think about it? I really think our country is at a fork in the road.....and one road ahead isn't looking so pretty.

WHAT DO WE WANT THIS COUNTRY TO BE in 20-30 years...and HOW -- POLITICALLY -- can we get it there? That's what I'd like to put forth for serous, well-thought out discussion.....the policies, the laws, etc

With Gen Xers and Yers coming into their political and social maturity that could also be a factor, what might they think of all this. Will they want to pay for mom/dad/grandma/grandad's choices?

What do you want and see for America?
Thanks...

P.S. IF you think I'm chicken little. That's great. It would cheer me up a bit, 'cause right now....I think I might want to have an escape route
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2014, 09:20 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,452,578 times
The US, as you and I knew it, is dead. There is no getting it back. All that remains is vengeance against those who destroyed it: Liberal freaks.

The only politicians I will vote for, from now on, are those willing to do precisely what the liberal freaks have done - abuse the power of their office in order to exact revenge against their political opponents. Since Obama is keen on assassinating US citizens without due process, future Presidents should do precisely the same thing and assassinate liberal freaks on a whim, since Obama has set the precedent.

We need to elect politicians that are both willing and eager to use every city, county, State, and federal agency against liberal freaks by any means necessary, legal or otherwise. We need politicians that will enact unconstitutional laws that specifically punish liberal freaks for their ideology, just as they have done against conservatives.

Give up any fantasy that the US can be "saved." That time has come and gone. The only thing that remains is vendetta.

Old 07-22-2014, 09:23 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
Well, one thing is for sure. The next President, no matter who it is, will not be able to fix the mess that we are in right now. Neither Bush nor Obama put America on the right trajectory. In fact, both were a net negative for America in many ways. I have said for a long time that we need a callous, cold-hearted bastard for President. Someone who will ignore the bleeding hearts and push for a corrective action plan that spares no one (rich, middle, and poor alike) if we are ever to be a great nation again. And to be honest, with so much work to do to correct the trajectory we are on, we need the next 3 or 4 Presidents to have such credentials.

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...t-what-we.html

Old 07-22-2014, 11:42 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,442,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Well, one thing is for sure. The next President, no matter who it is, will not be able to fix the mess that we are in right now. Neither Bush nor Obama put America on the right trajectory. In fact, both were a net negative for America in many ways. I have said for a long time that we need a callous, cold-hearted bastard for President. Someone who will ignore the bleeding hearts and push for a corrective action plan that spares no one (rich, middle, and poor alike) if we are ever to be a great nation again. And to be honest, with so much work to do to correct the trajectory we are on, we need the next 3 or 4 Presidents to have such credentials.

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...t-what-we.html

You are so right what you say. Maybe the next President can play Obama's blame games, and blame him for the next 8 years.

Don't think the next one, he or she, would be that stupid, do you.

Not only Obama, but his hand in screwing this Country royally, will be a very long fix. He has done nothing at all, to live up to his thousands of promises, of making this Country better as a whole.

If anything, he has made this Country worse, and is seen as weak. This next time around, I do not want an ACTOR for President.

Old 07-22-2014, 01:41 PM

2,429 posts, read 4,022,104 times
what about POLICIES? What policies? laws? principles? would you like to see? re: immigration? healthcare? foreign policy? taxation? education? economy? states rights? constitutional changes? other issues?

Old 07-22-2014, 01:46 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,543,209 times
The reckless spending by Obama, as well as the money-printing by his Federal Reserve appointees, insures that there will be a future financial collapse that dwarfs the one in 2008.

There won't be much money for federal spending after that, let alone deficit spending. The Fed will likely be gone after the collapse, as they'll take a lot of the blame.

Any future congress and president will have a limited ability to hand out money for cronies or donors.

The policies that need to be focused on at that point are the ones dealing with the trade agreements that turned our economy into an empty husk.

Old 07-22-2014, 01:49 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,527,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
The US, as you and I knew it, is dead. There is no getting it back. All that remains is vengeance against those who destroyed it: Liberal freaks.
Hmmm... In my world, the country is basically the same as it was in January, 2009. I have same job, and I make more money. The ACA has been beneficial to me. OBL is dead...good for that. Gays can marry in more states...good for them. That's about it. What has happened in your life to say the US is dead?

Quote:
The only politicians I will vote for, from now on, are those willing to do precisely what the liberal freaks have done - abuse the power of their office in order to exact revenge against their political opponents. Since Obama is keen on assassinating US citizens without due process, future Presidents should do precisely the same thing and assassinate liberal freaks on a whim, since Obama has set the precedent.

We need to elect politicians that are both willing and eager to use every city, county, State, and federal agency against liberal freaks by any means necessary, legal or otherwise. We need politicians that will enact unconstitutional laws that specifically punish liberal freaks for their ideology, just as they have done against conservatives.

Give up any fantasy that the US can be "saved." That time has come and gone. The only thing that remains is vendetta.

Old 07-22-2014, 01:49 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post

Vengence and Vendetta, Really?

Be very careful what you wish for, Glitch

Old 07-22-2014, 01:51 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdflk View Post
How about some big ideas? (how's that for a cliche?)
Discussing Mitt Romney, how and why his comments were used against him is all well and good, and worth learning from....

.....but what about the FUTURE of the U.S., and how to -- EITHER UNdo what has been done (if you disagree with it) -- or TWEAK/CORRECT some of it IF you think some of it's worth saving....THAT is what I'd like to here some ideas about.

And I mean serious well thought out STATESMEN-like BIG IDEAS and IDEALS -- that can be put into effect, and that the majority of the country can support.

ALL great civilizations have fallen...Are we so confident that American won't? IS America always going to be land of the free home of the brave, the beacon of democracy for the world. Will we always be the big dog on the block economically and geo-politically?

Maybe I listen to too much conservative talk radio....but I have to tell you I sometimes fear for the future of this country and MY future in particular (since I'm the only one I really need to take care of)

-- the immigration issue, America socially, and sociologically
-- major world conflicts (and our involvement or how the ripple into our areas of concern)
-- the American economy, class warfare
-- the global economy, competition

Sure, America has always faced crisis...and thrived afterward (the Revolution itself, WWI, WW2, etc,.) But the global economy wasn't an issue (India, China, Brazil -- heck -- the Philippines weren't taking jobs), wars were "over there," we couldn't really be harmed IN A BIG WAY right at our borders/doors...we didn't worry so much about whether those who could harm us were already here...just waiting. Technology has made this age and the coming ones very different.

Maybe I'm too doom-and gloom-...and with any luck the things I fear in terms of American decay and downfall, and implosion will hold off another 50 years so I'll be dead by then...but....

At 54, I fear -- because...right when I am in retirement and senior citizens years....the Soc Sys. could be bankrupt (I'm not kidding), the health care system could be rationing care (except for the very rich), God knows what the wages/job situation could be....class warfare tensions may have simmered to a boil.

Being upset about people leaving politics and making 200K speeches, presidents doing things that are unconstitutional, and the U.S. being in wars we may or may not need to be in, the greed/gov't regulations may or may not have encouraged the financial crisis, about half of the country getting some kind of gov't payout, the squeeze on the middle class, that's all well and good....but what about solutions?

Some DEEP $H!T could hit the fan in America in the next 20 years! This is not joke. I think voters need to think about these issues. Do you think most do think about it? I really think our country is at a fork in the road.....and one road ahead isn't looking so pretty.

WHAT DO WE WANT THIS COUNTRY TO BE in 20-30 years...and HOW -- POLITICALLY -- can we get it there? That's what I'd like to put forth for serous, well-thought out discussion.....the policies, the laws, etc

With Gen Xers and Yers coming into their political and social maturity that could also be a factor, what might they think of all this. Will they want to pay for mom/dad/grandma/grandad's choices?

What do you want and see for America?
Thanks...

P.S. IF you think I'm chicken little. That's great. It would cheer me up a bit, 'cause right now....I think I might want to have an escape route
Well you asked and the nutjobs are all flocking to your thread to chime in, none have really answered you question but that is not unusual. Have fun in the pit with the crazies

Old 07-22-2014, 01:52 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,111,393 times
The problem is, we vote for personality and nifty speeches, not for the meat and potatoes of what a candidate really is or who he/she stands for. We listen to the sound bites and forget to do our homework.

Healthcare: Should not just be for the very rich and accessable to all. Yes, I'm serious about it. Use France as a model. The spend less per capita that the US, and they have Universal Healthcare.

Welfare: People should have to work for it.

Foreign Aid: Needs to be cut back, or eliminated altogether. We need to spend tax payer money at home.

More later, I'm late for my dialysis.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies