Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2014, 11:49 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,934,056 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
To your first question, stop listening to the mainstream media and the propaganda spewed by the Establishment parties telling you who to vote for, and instead do your own research. Both parties suck! Both pander to corporate interests, both want to continue to wastefully spend on entitlements, and both only care about themselves as opposed to the we the people! As for the Pauls... I'm not sold on Rand, as he seems to much like an Establishment candidate. Ron indeed should have run as a Libertarian. At any rate, I guess things like adopting more of a non-interventionalist policy and quit policing the world, ending the Patriot Act, and all of the other crap that goes along with it, auditing the fed, ending bailouts, ending the failed war on drugs that only feeds the Prison Industrial Complex.. just to name a few is just crazy, huh?
I do my own research.
I do not vote by Party since I have always known both Parties have major flaws.
You are correct on Rand, he is Not his Father but many so want him to be they support him anyway, meaning they have not done their research.
Nope most of those ideas I am for, one correction he wanted to end the Fed, not audit it, not gonna happen, ever. His non-interventionist ideas would have kept us out of Iraq, a plus, but he would have done the same with Afganistan and I would have had a major problem with that, he would end all abortion if he could and again I disagree on that, the list goes on and on and he had his chance Several times to get his message out. Problem with Paul is his ideas sound good on the surface but when takes the issues one at a time he comes off being not acceptable for most voters, and like it or not, that is that and he is done. Oh and I will remind you that it was Not the Left that put Paul in the back of the Bus it was Cons and the GOP that destroyed his chances, just thought you should know the facts
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2014, 11:50 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,344,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
Yet it stands undisputed.
Hint: The posts immediately after it are in fact disputing it. Just because you say so doesn't make it correct or true. That simple fact escapes many libs.

Old 07-23-2014, 11:51 AM

15,080 posts, read 20,470,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homesheba View Post
that they would have voted for someone else?
or maybe not have voted at all?
why did you TRULY vote for him?
No. Although Obama is definitely not a great President, I am doing all right so I have no significant complaints.

[he gets a 'C']

Old 07-23-2014, 11:55 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,299,871 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LC6D7KsEvk

Well, aparently according to a higher authority, I am wrong and not impeaching him immediately is an affront to God. Pretty hard to argue with God on the matter....

Old 07-23-2014, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
The people who hate President Obama haven't gotten one major US event right in the last 14years. SMH.

Yet they don't show any bit of being humble about being so wrong. I mean the Iraq War alone is good for about 4yrs of silence.

I wonder how could a person who is not insane be so wrong about everything and still keep offering their insane opinions?
That's an interesting take. Will you vote for Hillary if she wins the primary? That's a rhetorical question of course.

Why Hillary Clinton didn’t say her Iraq vote was a mistake | OnPolitics

Old 07-23-2014, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Obama was a better choice because at least we knew him. Romney, on the other hand ran as a conservative when he really wasn't. How do we really know how he would run the country. We were just guessing by voting for him. And this is the problem with Republicans. In order to win the nomination you have to run as a conservative even if you aren't. So who would the real president be, honestly none of us know.
Obama isn't a true liberal. If I had a nickel for every time I've heard libs complaining that he's too far right I'd be a millionaire. However, that's a non-issue with you for Obama. Go figure.
We did know Obama and we knew at that time that he's inept and incompetent. How was it not better to try someone new? I also don't see you posting about what Obama has accomplished that made him the better choice. I see mostly ramblings about why Romney was bad but very little specifics as to why Obama is/was actually good.

Old 07-23-2014, 12:04 PM

11,222 posts, read 8,299,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
That's an interesting take. Will you vote for Hillary if she wins the primary? That's a rhetorical question of course.

Why Hillary Clinton didn’t say her Iraq vote was a mistake | OnPolitics
Well, you didn't ask me, but your post is not really a good reply to the post you quoted.

1. Hillary got this one thing wrong, but (as subjective as this may be) it is my opinion that she did not get as much wrong as the last couple of GOP Presidential Candidates.

2. Note his comment about being humble about being so wrong. She unequivocally said she got it wrong. "Plain and simple".

I can't say for sure I'd vote for Hillary in 2016, because I don't know who she is running against, but this certainly wouldn't disqualify her in my eyes. As stated earlier, she was my first choice for 2008, and ironically the most conservative of the viable candidates from either party.

Old 07-23-2014, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
We need a government that works together for us which is what the problem is. They are so busy being bought by the lobbyists that they couldn't give a damn about the rest of us. It's all about power with them. Who can you really trust in politics. No one.
Would these be examples of a POTUS who knows how to work together with his government?

Obama to GOP: ‘I Won’ - Washington Wire - WSJ

Obama relegates Republicans "to the back of the bus."

Old 07-23-2014, 12:17 PM

7,846 posts, read 6,403,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Would these be examples of a POTUS who knows how to work together with his government?

Obama to GOP: ‘I Won’ - Washington Wire - WSJ

Obama relegates Republicans "to the back of the bus."

How about this?

Old 07-23-2014, 12:17 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,985,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
I do my own research.

Good to know.

I do not vote by Party since I have always known both Parties have major flaws.

Again. Good to know. Both parties are corrupt.

You are correct on Rand, he is Not his Father but many so want him to be they support him anyway, meaning they have not done their research.

Perhaps because of Ron is a big reason why. I just can't quite get myself to support him.

Nope most of those ideas I am for, one correction he wanted to end the Fed, not audit it, not gonna happen, ever. His non-interventionist ideas would have kept us out of Iraq, a plus, but he would have done the same with Afganistan and I would have had a major problem with that, he would end all abortion if he could and again I disagree on that, the list goes on and on and he had his chance Several times to get his message out.

Our foreign policy in propping up regimes in the middle east, or meddling in their affairs hasn't done us any favors. With the fed, we're printing money that isn't back by anything. In fact, we're writing checks that our a** can't cash! Eventually, our currency isn't going to be worth the paper it's printed on. As for abortion, one can personally oppose it for the sake of morality, but also step aside and adhere to Roe v Wade. I doubt abortion will be illegal. I'm not a huge fan on abortion either, but then again it isn't my body. The person decides to get one has to live with that decision, and it is between that person and the man upstairs.

Problem with Paul is his ideas sound good on the surface but when takes the issues one at a time he comes off being not acceptable for most voters, and like it or not, that is that and he is done. Oh and I will remind you that it was Not the Left that put Paul in the back of the Bus it was Cons and the GOP that destroyed his chances, just thought you should know the facts
Americans have gotten too comfortable, and expect everything to be handed to them. We reward failure in the form of entitlements to those who don't work, and make bad choices, as well as big companies i.e. bailouts. To your last point, I agree, they GOP only pretends to be smaller government.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies