Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2014, 11:16 PM

2,672 posts, read 2,718,069 times

Advertisements

Republicans=Tea Party. I have two thought on the Tea Party with regards to the millenials..First dont trust anyone over 30.
The other is Fool Me Once Shame on You, Fool Me Twice Shame on Me. Why would a millenial trust a Tea Partier? These are the same folks who want to hold their heads underwater and drown them according to Grover Norquist.

Old 07-22-2014, 11:20 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,935,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post
Republicans=Tea Party. I have two thought on the Tea Party with regards to the millenials..First dont trust anyone over 30.
The other is Fool Me Once Shame on You, Fool Me Twice Shame on Me. Why would a millenial trust a Tea Partier? These are the same folks who want to hold their heads underwater and drown them according to Grover Norquist.
Did a bunch of old ladies from the tea party beat you up? Good grief, give it a rest, you are obsessed.

Old 07-22-2014, 11:24 PM

21,474 posts, read 10,575,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
As a boomer, I join them in their disgust with both parties. I don't think another party would be successful, but perhaps if they were to become politically active within both parties, perhaps we could eventually see two parties of reason. I hope they do change the world. My generation started out with noble ideals and ambitions, but we failed to follow them through to fruition. I wish the millennials more success.
It could happen yet if Elizabeth Warren got the Democratic nomination and Rand Paul got the Republican nomination.

Old 07-22-2014, 11:24 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,741,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GABESTA535 View Post
With Millenials overwhelmingly in favor of gay marriage will they forgive Republicans for opposing gay marriage so strongly in the present time. And when Republicans eventually come out in favor of gay marriage (which they will purely due to electoral math) will they look beyond their previous opposition to it or is it something the Republicans will live with for a generation?
Gay marriage is a non issue now, What does my generation care more about?

Gay marriage or gas prices?
Gay marriage or border security?
Gay marriage or school choice?
Gay marriage or States Rights?
Gay marriage or lower taxes
Gay marriage or jobs?
Gay marriage or improving the economy?
Gay marriage or Gun Rights?

Gay marriage is not on the major issues that affect our lives..

Old 07-22-2014, 11:26 PM

2,672 posts, read 2,718,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
Did a bunch of old ladies from the tea party beat you up? Good grief, give it a rest, you are obsessed.
You forgot Tea Party equals Republican. The Tea Party is a bunch of Republican clowns dressed up pretending to be libertarians and supporting gay rights, abortion, legalization of marijuana, etc. You are in fact probably a Tea Partier and oppose abortion, gay marriage, etc...

Old 07-22-2014, 11:27 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,058,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
Gay marriage is a non issue now, What does my generation care more about?

Gay marriage or gas prices?
Gay marriage or border security?
Gay marriage or school choice?
Gay marriage or States Rights?
Gay marriage or lower taxes
Gay marriage or jobs?
Gay marriage or improving the economy?
Gay marriage or Gun Rights?

Gay marriage is not on the major issues that affect our lives..
It is a major issue since it affects their lives.

Old 07-22-2014, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
It could happen yet if Elizabeth Warren got the Democratic nomination and Rand Paul got the Republican nomination.
Honestly I don't hold out much hope for either. The establishment of both parties will give us a choice between Clinton and one of the establishment republicans. I hope you're right and I'm wrong.

Old 07-22-2014, 11:33 PM

Quote:
You forgot Tea Party equals Republican. The Tea Party is a bunch of Republican clowns dressed up pretending to be libertarians and supporting gay rights, abortion, legalization of marijuana, etc. You are in fact probably a Tea Partier and oppose abortion, gay marriage, etc...
No, I'm far worse, I'm an evil veteran who is disabled. I get my medical for free because I was disabled in your democrat war in Vietnam. Yes, I am one of the evil ones that you so despise. That you fear and make you wake up screaming in the middle of the night. I am also old enough to draw Social Security so I am a double threat to you. I only have contributed for 48 years and how dare I expect to draw any return from my contributions. Yes, I am clearly your enemy..

Old 07-22-2014, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Really? They are?

Funny the rallies I have been to I have met far more dems then anyone else..

But hey, Stay Classy.

The openly support that you would know if you knew anything about them.

Old 07-22-2014, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
It is a major issue since it affects their lives.
who millennial or gays?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies