Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2018, 11:36 AM

2,362 posts, read 777,709 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosep View Post
The majority of Israeli's trace their ancestry to Arab lands.
how many centuries back do we have to go?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2018, 12:04 PM

702 posts, read 540,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadicDrifter View Post

I have English and Italian ancestry, I'm expecting my British citizenship any day now. I hope I don't have to fly over there and bulldoze somebody's house.

Old 11-13-2018, 12:25 PM

1,675 posts, read 576,711 times
Quote:
The Palestinians did not start this conflict. What started this conflict was the British deciding that there should be a country called Israel, over a territory occupied by Christian and Muslim Arabs, and even Jewish Arabs. Then a lot of settlers from Europe came, and began ethnically cleansing the Arabs (who did not identify as Jews) off the land they have been on since anyone can keep track of.

Some of the neighboring Arab countries, either out of religious or ethnic brotherhood, tried to eliminate this colonial creation, but failed due to military superiority and logistic support given to Israel by the USA.
People need to read this at least 10 times to deprogram from all the propaganda they have been fed. That's what it is all about: East European settlers using the Jewish victim excuse for all their crimes.

Having said this shooting those useless rockets to Israel is just plain stupid. Even though the Israeli started this by going into Gaza [probably in an assassination mission], they have no chance against Israel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rw12_TN9s0g

Last edited by thelogo; 11-13-2018 at 12:42 PM..

Old 11-13-2018, 12:31 PM

858 posts, read 424,411 times
Quote:

In most cases, well less than a century.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish...slim_countries

Old 11-13-2018, 12:34 PM

35,062 posts, read 17,006,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackjack2000 View Post
The never-Trump movement is a GOP/conservative movement, so sure, we can consider him part of that movement. Nice own goal. Nothing to say about the pipe bomber I see. Appropriate, there's not really much to say at all, is there?
Are you saying Trump supported the pipe bombings?

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa
Remember, the "Palestinians" started the conflict. Israel may well finish it.
The Palestinians didn't start anything, and by "finish it", I assume you mean finish the ethnic cleansing of the West Bank and turn Gaza into a permanent prison colony.
The Palestinians started several wars. If they won't make peace on the obvious victors' terms, time for Israel to finish it.

Old 11-13-2018, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosep View Post
In most cases, well less than a century.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish...slim_countries
Nope, not "most" cases, and not even close. Nice try though. And notice when these expulsions began, 1948. We're talking about events leading to the creation of Israel and whether European Jews are entitled to just settle there and displace the Arabs. Everything after is just cyclical violence.

Old 11-13-2018, 12:41 PM

14,483 posts, read 11,280,665 times
Quote:
The never-Trump movement is a GOP/conservative movement, so sure, we can consider him part of that movement. Nice own goal. Nothing to say about the pipe bomber I see. Appropriate, there's not really much to say at all, is there?

The Palestinians didn't start anything, and by "finish it", I assume you mean finish the ethnic cleansing of the West Bank and turn Gaza into a permanent prison colony.
Forgive me if I'm wrong but shouldn't ethnic cleansing result in a population decline. You know with all the starvation and killing and stuff.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-p...-idUSKBN1491QJ

Lol!!!!!

Old 11-13-2018, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Forgive me if I'm wrong but shouldn't ethnic cleansing result in a population decline. You know with all the starvation and killing and stuff.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-p...-idUSKBN1491QJ

Lol!!!!!
I'm sorry you don't know the meaning of "ethnic cleansing" but it just means the displacement of one ethnic group. In the case of Palestinians, to neighboring countries (Jordan, Lebanon) or to ghettos like West Bank and Gaza Strip.

Old 11-13-2018, 12:44 PM

858 posts, read 424,411 times
Quote:
Nope, not "most" cases, and not even close. Nice try though. And notice when these expulsions began, 1948. We're talking about events leading to the creation of Israel and whether European Jews are entitled to just settle there and displace the Arabs. Everything after is just cyclical violence.

No, everything after is NOT just cyclical violence and we're not just talking about the events leading to the creation of Israel. We're talking about the current reality of the situation.

Old 11-13-2018, 12:47 PM

35,062 posts, read 17,006,525 times
Quote:
The Palestinians did not start this conflict. What started this conflict was the British deciding that there should be a country called Israel, over a territory occupied by Christian and Muslim Arabs, and even Jewish Arabs. Then a lot of settlers from Europe came, and began ethnically cleansing the Arabs (who did not identify as Jews) off the land they have been on since anyone can keep track of.
Most of the land was purchased from Ottoman absentee landlords. There were very few local title-holders to the land.

Quote:
Some of the neighboring Arab countries, either out of religious or ethnic brotherhood, tried to eliminate this colonial creation, but failed due to military superiority and logistic support given to Israel by the USA.
The neighboring Arab peoples have done little with the land but fight over the years. As far as U.S. support not only was there none for the 1948 war but military sales to the Jewish state (later named Israel) were strictly embargoed. Read The Pledge by Leonard Slater if you want to learn of the steps taken by supports of the Jewish State to circumvent the embargo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies