Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2014, 08:16 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,520,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Myself, I frequent food establishments based primarily on the quality of food, but also based on service and atmosphere. Whether or not I can bring my gun inside has no bearing on my dining choices.
Well, that is reasonable, IMO. I still occasionally eat at Chick Filet even though I think they should stick to making sandwiches and stay out of political drama.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoniDanko View Post
I do the same even at work. The same people that hate you one minute because you're carrying a gun will love you the next if and when some mentally challenged nut jobs comes in shooting.

No one knows about & everyone is happy...
IF you are discovered bringing a gun onto your employer's property - that is grounds for immediate termination at least at my company. So I do hope you are really, really discreet. Else you could join the ranks of leeches, moochers, and takers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesecracker View Post
Some of you who may be negative on guns might want to read the actual story posted in the link by the OP.
More specifically:

Guns don't kill people.
The bad guys with guns who knows the other guy does not have guns, kills people.
Do tell how the bad guy knows whether or not the OWNER is armed? Does that bad guy have ESP? And what with all the vigilante justice taking place these days (hope my texting doesn't offend anyone) - how are we to tell the good guys from the bad guys?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Isn't it funny how liberals support property rights when it comes to guns, and tell carriers that if they don't like it when a business owner puts up a no guns sign, they should stay out........ Bu...bu....bu...BUT...... when it comes to smoking bans, all of a sudden the owner no longer has any property rights, according to them, and non-smoking customers shouldn't have to stay out of a business just because a "filthy" smoker wants to light up!!!!!

Wow....

The epitome of hypocrisy I tell ya.....
Smoking bans? Smoking has been banned in every single establishment where I reside for the past 10 years. It's a done deal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2014, 09:36 AM

373 posts, read 778,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Do tell how the bad guy knows whether or not the OWNER is armed? Does that bad guy have ESP? And what with all the vigilante justice taking place these days (hope my texting doesn't offend anyone) - how are we to tell the good guys from the bad guys?
No bad guy can no for sure what owner may or may not be armed.
It does not take a psychic, however, to connect the dots that if the owner puts up a sign discouraging any CCW carrying patrons, that the odds are the owner probably does not like guns and probably does not have one.

You did read the OP right? The story linked?
The one that went on to describe how an owner of a business put up a sign discouraging the carrying of fire-ams by law abiding citizens in their store. Then, two days later, an armed assailant entered into the business and shot the store manager.

You did quote my earlier post, but managed to snip the copy/paste of the story I myself quoted.
This right here:
Quote:
Floyd explained that she was inspired to post the sign at her restaurant after reading a story about a restaurant in North Carolina.
They had put up a sign that said ‘No Weapons Allowed’ and they were robbed
at gunpoint two days later.
The convenience store manager was shot,
Next time, try to be more responsible with your words and actually state the context of both your own opinion, as well the one's you are quoting. Actually reading the OP would be pretty informative and help you know what is going on.

Old 07-27-2014, 03:10 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,000,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Don't worry, I will, as will everyone else who respects your property rights and the law. I wonder though, how you'll go about keeping criminals with guns out, who couldn't care less about your property rights?

See, these "no guns" signs are pretty much pointless. Why would you want to hang a sign up that is only going to effect people who aren't a threat to begin with???? If anything, you're empowering the criminal with a gun, while simultaneously putting your customers at a disadvantage.
Your post spells it all out. Criminals who don't follow the law don't care..............meanwhile citizens who have done nothing wrong are now criminals according to folks. Just sad.

Old 07-27-2014, 04:06 PM

6,073 posts, read 4,749,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Would you patronize THIS establishment?

A County Kerry restaurant has banned ‘loud Americans’ from visiting their café, despite being in the thick of the tourist season.
Peter’s Place in Waterville, which is on the Ring of Kerry, displayed an offensive sign on the door of their premises which read, “No Bus/Coach tours or loud Americans. Thank you.”

County Kerry restaurant bans
is this establishment in my country, or yours?

Old 07-27-2014, 04:23 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,000,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
These Canadians need to stay in Canada and milk trees. Why they try and tell us what to do I will never understand.............well liberals.............

Old 07-27-2014, 05:35 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,321,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
I'm really sorry you don't know where County Kerry is. It's pretty famous.
They don't teach geography in American schools?

Hint: It's not in Canada.

Last edited by weltschmerz; 07-27-2014 at 05:59 PM..

Old 07-27-2014, 05:36 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,451,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
However, it is doubtful I will ever go to that town!

Restaurant Owner: ‘Guns Are Welcome’ Signs Have Helped Boost Business « CBS Charlotte

Actually, I don't plan to ever go East of the Mississippi River again.

East St Louis is a great place to have a gun.

Old 07-27-2014, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
East St Louis is a great place to have a gun.
East St. Loius?
Is that, like...in Germany?

Old 07-27-2014, 05:51 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,496,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern man View Post
I don't know where "County Kerry" is, but if its in Canada, its not on my to do list.
No offense man but you already typed "County Kerry" couldn't you have just searched for it?

The first link in Google would have revealed it to be in Ireland.

Also you could have seen the ".ie" as the web domain... it is not Iberia!

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
I'm really sorry you don't know where County Cork is. It's pretty famous.
They don't teach geography in American schools?

Hint: It's not in Canada.
This is just embarrassing stuff...

Old 07-27-2014, 06:03 PM

Quote:
This is just embarrassing stuff...
No kidding!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies