Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2014, 12:30 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,131,464 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
All I hear is wa wa wa... more talk, talk talk talk
Accurate and well written responses tend to have the habit of sounding like this to people that have just had their preconceived notions shattered... Thank you. Next time you would like to be schooled again just ask...

Old 07-24-2014, 12:33 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,295,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Really? Let's see, for starters he screwed up the best health care system in the world, our southern borders are being overrun with illegal immigrants, the Mideast is on fire, the economy still sucks and now he's ordered military advisers to the Ukraine Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine - Washington Times

Yeah, this country is doing just fine.
None of that stuff is true.

Because of the ACA there are 10-11 million fewer uninsured Americans, the vast majority of Americans who get insurance through their employer or Medicare and Medicaid before the expansion have seen no changes.

There are more deportations and fewer Mexicans coming across illegally and the people who are coming from the middle if South American are being held and returned and the flow of those immigrants has already started to dwindle.

The Middle East isn't anymore on fire then any other time. SMH

The economy has been steadily growing after the stimulus even with conservatives trying to enact policies that hurts the economy. Although President Obama does bare some responsibility for taking a second stimulus off the table and negotiating the brain child of conservatives this sequester crap that has further hurt the economy.

Wow military advisers to Ukraine. Lol

So far still zero for zero in their predictions. These people have gotten nothing right.

Old 07-24-2014, 12:35 PM

792 posts, read 634,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Really? Let's see, for starters he screwed up the best health care system in the world, our southern borders are being overrun with illegal immigrants, the Mideast is on fire, the economy still sucks and now he's ordered military advisers to the Ukraine Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine - Washington Times

Yeah, this country is doing just fine.
Did you really just say that before the ACA, our healthcare system was the best in the world..?

For Christ's sake, Cuba has a comparable healthcare system to ours. Canada's blows ours out of the water. People get charged 10,000% for minor treatments and tests. Malpractice laws are abused, leading to high healthcare costs. Our healthcare system is pathetic.

Old 07-24-2014, 12:38 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,786,069 times
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009
1. One who can work with and deal with members of the other party. And what if those members in the other party have no interest in working with the president?

It was Reid who said he had no intention of working with the house! He's the obstructionist
Harry Reid

2. One who takes responsibility for his policies and the state of the nation. Last I checked, just about every president takes responsibility for their own policies and the state of the nation, but our nation isn't at the control of just one person.

I guess Obama didn't get that memo, as he has made a living off blaming Bush for everything!

3. One who does not make excuses or blame someone else for every policy failure. So basically no politician could ever pass this point, let's hope this isn't an all or nothing kind of thing.

Obama and his administration have taken the blame game to an entirely new level, and YOU know it!

4. One who is not petty and seeks to punish members of the other party (see IRS and "stimulus" money). Stop believing the Republican propaganda, the IRS isn't going after the Republicans and other right wingers.

I love how you deflect the truth as propaganda. Even high ranking politicians on the left are mad about the targeting. I guess they fell for GOP propaganda as well.

5. One who does not choose "sides" based on race or political affiliation. No politician does this, heck, no president does this.

OKay, that one is just patently a head slapper.I wouldn't know how to begin to address such a deep seeded denial.

6. One who does not bow to foreign leaders. So you wish for a president to be rude to foreign leaders? Doesn't sound like a good idea.

Peace through strength... you don't have to be rude to be strong. Your answers are getting weaker by the moment.

7. One who has a defined foreign and domestic policy/objectives, such that the nation and the world knows where he stands. And this means what? You want a president to follow through and invade countries when something doesn't go their way?

Like I said, your remarks are falling off a cliff because he's right and you have nothing to counter it! It would be like me saying you want a weak ass, apologetic, ass kissing President... oh wait....

8. One who takes actual measures in the world to secure US interests and deter tyrants from pressing an advantage. What actual measures should a president take that would guarantee this?

You do realize that our Navy protects nearly all the sea commerce of the world... right?

9. One who actually spends time in office and involved in current affairs, rather than campaigning. Welcome to the future, one doesn't need to sit in an office to stay connected with what is going on in the country or the world. Also, all politicians campaign all the time, that is the political culture we have created.

..... .................... .. ...

That was all I could take. I can't bare to read such ignorance, and trying to reason with ignorance is insanity.

Old 07-24-2014, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by steven_h
All I hear is wa wa wa... more talk, talk talk talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Accurate and well written responses tend to have the habit of sounding like this to people that have just had their preconceived notions shattered... Thank you. Next time you would like to be schooled again just ask...
Gee, and he pats himself on the back for his own wrong assumptions. Proud of yourself much? Can't pass a mirror without smiling?

It's one thing not to care what anyone else says, and quite another to think your opinion is the only one worth listening to.

What a shocker that you just don't get it.

Old 07-24-2014, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRhockeyfan View Post
Did you really just say that before the ACA, our healthcare system was the best in the world..?

For Christ's sake, Cuba has a comparable healthcare system to ours. Canada's blows ours out of the water. People get charged 10,000% for minor treatments and tests. Malpractice laws are abused, leading to high healthcare costs. Our healthcare system is pathetic.
The ACA hasn't changed any of that! How can you actually imply that it has?

It (ACA) was written by the insurance, healthcare, and drug industry leaders. They now have a captive audience and are raping us vicariously through tax revenues.

One example of how things haven't changed is my asthma inhaler. Albuterol is available over the counter in almost every nation but the US. IN Australia the cost is $10US, but here it's $78 and you need a script, which means you need to visit a doctor... for something you most likely have had and will have for life!!!

The ACA has done nothing to address costs, and in fact we will see it has probably made them far worse.

There isn't a hospital in my area that hasn't poured millions into expansion. The ACA is a windfall for them. And on top of that, the ER's are overloaded no matter which hospital you go to. It's a disaster.

Old 07-24-2014, 12:52 PM

792 posts, read 634,677 times
Quote:
The ACA hasn't changed any of that! How can you actually imply that it has?

It (ACA) was written by the insurance, healthcare, and drug industry leaders. They now have a captive audience and are raping us vicariously through tax revenues.

One example of how things haven't changed is my asthma inhaler. Albuterol is available over the counter in almost every nation but the US. IN Australia the cost is $10US, but here it's $78 and you need a script, which means you need to visit a doctor... for something you most likely have had and will have for life!!!

The ACA has done nothing do address costs, and in fact we will see it has probably made them far worse.
Which is why I think the ACA isn't enough. Canada's or the UK's or France's healthcare system should be our model. Healthcare isn't something you can just leave to the free market and trust people won't get abused or taken advantage of.

Old 07-24-2014, 12:58 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,171,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009
1. One who can work with and deal with members of the other party. And what if those members in the other party have no interest in working with the president?

It was Reid who said he had no intention of working with the house! He's the obstructionist
Harry Reid

2. One who takes responsibility for his policies and the state of the nation. Last I checked, just about every president takes responsibility for their own policies and the state of the nation, but our nation isn't at the control of just one person.

I guess Obama didn't get that memo, as he has made a living off blaming Bush for everything!

3. One who does not make excuses or blame someone else for every policy failure. So basically no politician could ever pass this point, let's hope this isn't an all or nothing kind of thing.

Obama and his administration have taken the blame game to an entirely new level, and YOU know it!

4. One who is not petty and seeks to punish members of the other party (see IRS and "stimulus" money). Stop believing the Republican propaganda, the IRS isn't going after the Republicans and other right wingers.

I love how you deflect the truth as propaganda. Even high ranking politicians on the left are mad about the targeting. I guess they fell for GOP propaganda as well.

5. One who does not choose "sides" based on race or political affiliation. No politician does this, heck, no president does this.

OKay, that one is just patently a head slapper.I wouldn't know how to begin to address such a deep seeded denial.

6. One who does not bow to foreign leaders. So you wish for a president to be rude to foreign leaders? Doesn't sound like a good idea.

Peace through strength... you don't have to be rude to be strong. Your answers are getting weaker by the moment.

7. One who has a defined foreign and domestic policy/objectives, such that the nation and the world knows where he stands. And this means what? You want a president to follow through and invade countries when something doesn't go their way?

Like I said, your remarks are falling off a cliff because he's right and you have nothing to counter it! It would be like me saying you want a weak ass, apologetic, ass kissing President... oh wait....

8. One who takes actual measures in the world to secure US interests and deter tyrants from pressing an advantage. What actual measures should a president take that would guarantee this?

You do realize that our Navy protects nearly all the sea commerce of the world... right?

9. One who actually spends time in office and involved in current affairs, rather than campaigning. Welcome to the future, one doesn't need to sit in an office to stay connected with what is going on in the country or the world. Also, all politicians campaign all the time, that is the political culture we have created.

..... .................... .. ...

That was all I could take. I can't bare to read such ignorance, and trying to reason with ignorance is insanity.
Wow, every one of these responses are weak....and not even worth the time to go over each one.

Oh and the recession in 2009 was Bush's fault, when are you guys going to accept that fact and stop trying to pawn the recession off onto Obama?

Bowing to other foreign leaders is not considered a sign of weakness, it is seen as a sign of politeness....unless you are an Amer'kin, then the president should just give foreign leaders the bird while shouting "Amer'ka!!"

You can smack your head all you want but this list is nothing more than wishful thinking on the hunt for a unicorn.

Old 07-24-2014, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
Because of the ACA there are 10-11 million fewer uninsured Americans, the vast majority of Americans who get insurance through their employer or Medicare and Medicaid before the expansion have seen no changes.
Actually, this is probably not true either. Worst case is 3 million more, and probably closer to 6m.

But there's still fewer insured than there was 7 years ago, and this even with expanding medicaid by over 2m people.
Boehner’s claim that Obamacare has resulted in a ‘net loss’ of people with health insurance - The Washington Post

Old 07-24-2014, 01:14 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,171,483 times
Quote:
Actually, this is probably not true either. Worst case is 3 million more, and probably closer to 6m.

But there's still fewer insured than there was 7 years ago, and this even with expanding medicaid by over 2m people.
Boehner’s claim that Obamacare has resulted in a ‘net loss’ of people with health insurance - The Washington Post
This chart stops at February 2014.....when did ACA go into full effect? Maybe a more accurate chart would be better.

Oh look, this one is more accurate.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies