Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2014, 12:52 PM

72,976 posts, read 62,554,457 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Not because Blacks are reuniting with family.

Really... you need to read the article to understand that younger and more educated Blacks are fleeing blue states for better opportunities in traditionally non-Black areas in red states:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/25/us...anted=all&_r=0
No. I've read the article. Sure, many Blacks are going for opportunities. But from what I see around me, it has more to do with cost of living than anything. Most of these "non Black areas" are cheap, rural areas.

Old 07-27-2014, 12:52 PM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Well calling people "idiotic" won't change anything. Want to change things? Listen to us, quit insulting us, stop talking down to us. If not, then you're wasting your time, and mine.
Stop having such a big chip on your shoulder and look at reality.

Younger and more educated Blacks are fleeing blue states for better opportunities in traditionally non-Black areas in red states:

Old 07-27-2014, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Stop having such a big chip on your shoulder and look at reality.

Younger and more educated Blacks are fleeing blue states for better opportunities in traditionally non-Black areas in red states:

So me telling you to stop talking down to Blacks and start engaging us in an adult manner is "me having a big chip on my shoulder"? Only thing your statement tells me is that you aren't going to listen.

And what does that link have to do with what I said regarding your insults?

Old 07-27-2014, 12:55 PM

Quote:
No. I've read the article. Sure, many Blacks are going for opportunities. But from what I see around me, it has more to do with cost of living than anything.
Not according to the demographer:

"The percentage of the nation’s black population living in the South has hit its highest point in half a century, according to census data released Thursday, as younger and more educated black residents move out of declining cities in the Northeast and Midwest in search of better opportunities."

Old 07-27-2014, 12:56 PM

Quote:
So me telling you to stop talking down to Blacks and start engaging us in an adult manner is "me having a big chip on my shoulder"? Only thing your statement tells me is that you aren't going to listen.
Hey... Keep voting against your own best interests. Just don't expect anything to get better for Blacks.

Old 07-27-2014, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Not according to the demographer:

"The percentage of the nation’s black population living in the South has hit its highest point in half a century, according to census data released Thursday, as younger and more educated black residents move out of declining cities in the Northeast and Midwest in search of better opportunities."

And those cities are also getting more expensive. Consider the cost of living in those cities. Other than Detroit, most of those cities are expensive.

And the South isn't much better. Georgia, Tennessee, and Mississippi have some of the highest unemployment rates in the USA.

Old 07-27-2014, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Hey... Keep voting against your own best interests. Just don't expect anything to get better for Blacks.
And until Republicans actually reach out to Blacks instead of ignoring Blacks, they should expect the same results. It is none of your business who Blacks vote for. I've never seen so much curiosity for who Blacks vote for until 2012. No one cares until Republicans started losing.

Old 07-27-2014, 12:58 PM

Quote:
And those cities are also getting more expensive.
Even if that's true, it's not stopping the exodus of "more educated" Blacks out of blue states and into southern red states in pursuit of "better opportunities."

Old 07-27-2014, 12:59 PM

Quote:
And until Republicans actually reach out to Blacks instead of ignoring Blacks, they should expect the same results.
That's self-destructive of you, but have at it.

Old 07-27-2014, 01:07 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,480,914 times
Quote:
I'm Black. So what? I'm not part of that segment of the Black population that commits crimes and causes chaos. I'm not part of that and you have no right associate me with it. Alot of Blacks who are like me seek to get away from the underclass. I didn't cause those problems, so I am not responsible for it. I'm responsible for myself. If the cultural change is needed, the underclass needs to change, not Blacks like me and desertdetroiter. We are not the ones perpetrating that hood rat culture. We are not part of those horrible statistics, so don't come to me with that. Go to the persons who are actually committing the murders and having high dropout rates.
You ARE part of those horrible statistics whether you wish to be or not. They take the total of the black population and the total of murders committed by Blacks and come up with the statistic. You know that. The change has to come from within the Black community itself. We simply cannot legislate a change in nature or culture. Neither is it the Republicans' fault nor is it my fault.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies