Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2014, 12:06 PM

72,971 posts, read 62,554,457 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreutz View Post
It is our business when your block-voting hands an election to a candidate who takes from us to give to you.
Well, you aren't going to change the way Blacks vote by complaining about us. Only thing that is going to do is turn us off to you. People vote for their own personal interests. You do it, I do it, everyone does. You have no right to complain about who votes for whom when you vote for your own interests yourself, so enough with the hypocrisy. If you are going to keep getting in Black people's business about who they vote for, what are going to about this little voting problem? All I hear is complaining but I hear no solutions coming from you. Why should I vote for what is in YOUR best interests?

Old 07-29-2014, 12:14 PM

2,776 posts, read 3,593,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Well, you aren't going to change the way Blacks vote by complaining about us. Only thing that is going to do is turn us off to you. People vote for their own personal interests. You do it, I do it, everyone does. You have no right to complain about who votes for whom when you vote for your own interests yourself, so enough with the hypocrisy. If you are going to keep getting in Black people's business about who they vote for, what are going to about this little voting problem? All I hear is complaining but I hear no solutions coming from you. Why should I vote for what is in YOUR best interests?
Oh God, I want you to keep voting Democrat. If it were up to me your God-King Obama would rule for life.

That dude is the single greatest dream to come true for us racist white devils in a long time. May we have a thousand more like him, each blacker than the last.

I'm just explaining why shortsighted white people complain about your voting patterns; it stimulates resentment over dollars and cents when much more is at stake.

Old 07-29-2014, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreutz View Post
Oh God, I want you to keep voting Democrat. If it were up to me your God-King Obama would rule for life.

That dude is the single greatest dream to come true for us racist white devils in a long time. May we have a thousand more like him, each blacker than the last.

I'm just explaining why shortsighted white people complain about your voting patterns; it stimulates resentment over dollars and cents when much more is at stake.
I don't know if you are being sarcastic or not. All this really shows is a kind of weakness. If you, by your own admission, are a racist and despise Black people, why do you want a Black President so badly?

And the way I see it, you worry about your vote and I will worry about mine. If you despise Black people so much, and prefer not to be around them, then what is the point of talking about Black people?

If Black people are politically irrelevant, then those persons complaining are wasting their time complaining about Blacks.

If Black people are relevant to the political scene, do something about it. Either take some action, or stop talking.

Old 07-29-2014, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
While at the same time claiming blacks are irrelevant and they don't care about them/they're not worth their time to court votes from. Figure that one out.
Which is why I ask this question: If Blacks are so politically irrelevant, and are not worth courting, then why so many complaints about Blacks and who they vote for?

Old 07-29-2014, 01:16 PM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
And complaining about who Blacks vote for and expecting a different result, well, that is basically the same thing.
I'm not the one who claims to be oppressed.

Quote:
And as for the people moving, well, they might move, but the voting patterns remain the same.
Why would they vote for what they felt they had to flee? That doesn't even make any sense. These are younger and more educated Blacks, remember?

Old 07-29-2014, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
I'm not the one who claims to be oppressed.
And I'm not the one complaining about who White people or anyone else voted for.

Quote:
Why would they vote for what they felt they had to flee? That doesn't even make any sense. These are younger and more educated Blacks, remember?
Because the national vote counts for more than the local vote. My father lives in a red state, has a job, but votes blue. Why? It counts more on the national level. People vote for whom they perceive as the lesser of two evils.

If Blacks are so politically irrelevant, stop complaining about who Blacks vote for.

If Blacks are politically relevant, then do something, take some action. If you aren't going to do something about Blacks being uncomfortable with Republicans, then no more complaining.

If one fails to take action, then one relinquishes any right to complain.

Old 07-29-2014, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Because the national vote counts for more than the local vote. My father lives in a red state, has a job, but votes blue. Why? It counts more on the national level. People vote for whom they perceive as the lesser of two evils.
The younger and more educated Blacks fleeing the blue states would consider liberals to be the worst of two evils. They felt they had to flee a blue state, after all, to find better job opportunities and quality of life.

Old 07-29-2014, 01:29 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,113,952 times
Quote:
If the Republicans want to win, it better learn to work with Black people. I don't care what the math says. The reason Blacks vote Democrat is because they feel ignored by the Republicans. Until that changes, the results will remain the same. And unless you have a solution, this is none of your business.

Again, if the Black vote is so insignificant, why do you complain so much about who Blacks vote for? Do you expect Blacks to just stop voting Democrat and vote Republicans, no matter how they feel about Republicans?

And read this: Want black votes, GOP? Listen to black voters - CNN.com
Let's look at this simply and logically: If you were the GOP, and you faced the issue of increasing the minority vote for your party, who would you choose to expend resources on? The 13% that vote 95% Democrat, or the 17% (and increasing) who have voted on average 35% for the GOP in the last 6 Presidential elections?

The opportunity for the GOP does not rest with black people. The opportunity rests with Hispanics.

I realize its hard for you folks to stomach, but your 95% monolith is the reason you are irrelevant in American electoral politics. You can pretend that your vote really matters, but truthfully it really doesn't have much sway. You are counted as a Democratic vote when political calculations are made. If you want sway, you should show your politicians that your vote is not a lock. But do you actually expect black people to make a stand against Democrats when in fact the black vote has not changed in nearly 50 years??? And in a more modern context, do you really think that Barack Obama was worried that black people wouldn't vote for him? Of course he wasn't worried. The black monolith was the farthest thing from his mind. He knew you wouldn't vote for anyone other than him. And, in turn, that made you folks irrelevant during the campaign. Some might even argue that black people have been irrelevant to him throughout his Presidency as well. What does he have to lose? Nothing. The black monolith is going nowhere.

Time to face up to reality, man. The black monolith is pretty much irrelevant. Democratic politicians know it. When will the black electorate finally figure it out?

Last edited by AeroGuyDC; 07-29-2014 at 01:38 PM..

Old 07-29-2014, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Let's look at this simply and logically: If you were the GOP, and you faced the issue of increasing the minority vote for your party, who would you choose to expend resources on? The 13% that vote 95% Democrat, or the 17% (and increasing) who have voted on average 35% for the GOP in the last 6 Presidential elections?

The opportunity for the GOP does not rest with black people. The opportunity rests with Hispanics.

I realize its hard for you folks to stomach, but your 95% monolith is the reason you are irrelevant in American electoral politics. You can pretend that your vote really matters, but truthfully it really doesn't have much sway. You are counted as a Democratic vote when political calculations are made. If you want sway, you should show your politicians that you're vote is not a lock. But do you actually expect black people to make a stand against Democrats when in fact the black vote has not changed in nearly 50 years???

Time to face up to reality, man. The black monolith is pretty much irrelevant. Democratic politicians know it. When will the black electorate finally figure it out?
All good points. So the answer to the OP's question...

Has the Black Population Made Itself Politically Irrelevant?

Yes, because of their predictably monolithic voting pattern. They're a given for Democrats. No need for either party to court their votes.

Old 07-29-2014, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
The younger and more educated Blacks fleeing the blue states would consider liberals to be the worst of two evils. They felt they had to flee a blue state, after all, to find better job opportunities and quality of life.
You really believe they are leaving to get away from liberals?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies