Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2014, 06:50 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,367,423 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
No need for a firing squad, just use a bolt gun like they use on cattle.
Yet another weapon for government agencies to purchase at taxpayer expense . . . for use on those pesky taxpayers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2014, 07:17 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,218,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRhockeyfan View Post
The death penalty should be abolished. Why should we stoop down to the level of murderers? And anyways, the appeals and everything cost more than life imprisonment, but we're not doing away with the appeals system because you'd have a lot more unjust executions.
What do you do with a mad dog?

You put it down.

Murderers and rapists are animals.

Old 07-25-2014, 07:28 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,741,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
Should we bring back the Firing Squad as the method of Execution?

It is alot cheaper and room for failure is almost none existent.

For the issue of sound and safety issues, sound suppressors would be used.
Why should we care if a murderer suffers a little bit.

To me it is more about the victims and their family and how much they suffered all these years and for many more years. Not the 2 hours or whatever time. The murderer should not be given any thoughts.

Old 07-25-2014, 08:07 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,111,260 times
Yes. I'm in favor of this. If we're a blood-thirsty nation, then let's just own up to it and stop trying to dress things up. Not only would I bring back the firing squad, I'd broadcast it on Public Access w/ announcements in the paper. Instead of hiding it behind a layer of secrecy, put our savagery out in the open.

Old 07-25-2014, 09:15 PM

2,490 posts, read 2,545,077 times
Quote:
The death penalty should be abolished. Why should we stoop down to the level of murderers? And anyways, the appeals and everything cost more than life imprisonment, but we're not doing away with the appeals system because you'd have a lot more unjust executions.
And it's cheaper to house and feed and medicate? Prove they do it beyond reasonable doubt then execute immediately. Appeals and waiting should not apply to tho sec with a death sentence. It's an imperfect system, mistakes will always happen for the for see able future. All I can offer is exaimine everything before conviction.

Old 07-25-2014, 09:22 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,832,973 times
Quote:
The Bible should never influence our lawmakers.
where did i say it does?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
And he also said "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone".

I don't want to cast a stone.

But I want them to bust big stones into little stones for my road.
yes he did say that to a crowd of people wanting jesus to be judge and jury, while they played to role of executioner. jesus knew it was a kangaroo trial, and thus made that statement knowing that it would take the wind out of the crowds sails. jesus said he didnt come to abolish the law, but rather uphold it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Yes. I'm in favor of this. If we're a blood-thirsty nation, then let's just own up to it and stop trying to dress things up. Not only would I bring back the firing squad, I'd broadcast it on Public Access w/ announcements in the paper. Instead of hiding it behind a layer of secrecy, put our savagery out in the open.
hey, stop trying to make friend with us conservatives.

Old 07-25-2014, 11:13 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,893,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
Should we bring back the Firing Squad as the method of Execution?

It is alot cheaper and room for failure is almost none existent.

For the issue of sound and safety issues, sound suppressors would be used.
Sure, I think it's an effective alternative. Probably the only reason we don't do it now is becasue for some odd reason, we see lethal injection as a more "sophisticated" method.... It is not any more sophisticated, and probabkly the firing squad is much more quick and painless.

The only difference is that lethal injection is a lot cleaner, that's all.

Old 07-25-2014, 11:16 PM

3,490 posts, read 3,791,639 times
First of all, rapists and pedophiles should also be put to death, along with murderers, and for those who are against the death penalty, do you know what happens to pedophiles in prison?

I guarantee the felon would much rather be put to death, than suffer years of sexual abuse at the hands of some dude named Rock. Personally, I'd prefer not to have my prostate checked on a daily basis.
You can make a case that staying in prison is cruel and unjust, the death penalty is the easy way out.

As for which death penalty, the guillotine sounds about right for pay per view, so does hanging, the firing squad though would need something a little special, like a 10 gauge slug at close range in super slow motion, I would like to see a few though, one dude gets it in the head, another in the chest. A rifle shot going straight through wouldn't show enough ballistic damage.

Old 07-25-2014, 11:22 PM

19,750 posts, read 22,661,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
yes he did say that to a crowd of people wanting jesus to be judge and jury, while they played to role of executioner. jesus knew it was a kangaroo trial, and thus made that statement knowing that it would take the wind out of the crowds sails. jesus said he didnt come to abolish the law, but rather uphold it.
Hey all I'm saying is why kill them OR coddle them! I want that cheap labor to make my gravels!

Old 07-26-2014, 05:25 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,832,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
Hey all I'm saying is why kill them OR coddle them! I want that cheap labor to make my gravels!
you can get plenty of that without using people on death row. lots and lots of criminals that can be used for hard labor that didnt kill anyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies