Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2014, 07:25 PM

33,536 posts, read 37,140,220 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
not in beer it doesnt. CO2 is generated as part of the process for making beer, in fact it is a waste product of the yeast that transforms the sugars to alcohol.
Beer is made of plant material that has stored CO2 recently....When the CO2 leaves the beer it is simply returned to the air it came from very recently....CO2 from fossil sources has been locked away for millions of years....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2014, 07:32 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,917,022 times
I just read an update on the arctic sea ice. There's more today, on this day of year, than there has been for 10 years. This is in opposition to those who said that the sea ice would disappear in the summer by now because of AGW.

Old 07-27-2014, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
I just read an update on the arctic sea ice. There's more today, on this day of year, than there has been for 10 years. This is in opposition to those who said that the sea ice would disappear in the summer by now because of AGW.
Really? By July 15, ice extent had fallen to within 440,000 square kilometers (170,000 square miles) of that seen in 2012 (the modern satellite-era record minimum) on the same date, and was 1.54 million square kilometers (595,000 square miles) below the 1981 to 2010 average.

Old 07-27-2014, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fool Again View Post
lol so global warming just skipped SC.

There is no warming bro. It is in the 90's most days in July in SC in 2014. It was in the 90s most days in July in SC in 1980.

This has been one of the coldest years on record according to numerous articles I have read.

Think oof all the money that could have gone to cancer and other disease research over the years, rather than to global warming stuff. We are wastiing money on these made up, phony problems , when we haven't found a cure for serious disease like cancer. The people pushing global warming really should take a minute to think about this.

I know that I rather risk death by global warming than death by cancer. lol
South Carolina's Changing Climate

Average temperatures are already increasing, along with the frequency of extreme heat, storms, and dry summers.
In the future, with climate change, are projected to rise 4.5-9.0°F (3-5°C) by the 2080s, with climate change..... Climate Change Threatens Health: South Carolina

WASHINGTON: SC already feeling climate change effects | Local News | The State

Good luck with that cancer thing.

Old 07-27-2014, 07:58 PM

29,523 posts, read 19,620,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
South Carolina's Changing Climate

Average temperatures are already increasing, along with the frequency of extreme heat, storms, and dry summers.
In the future, with climate change, are projected to rise 4.5-9.0°F (3-5°C) by the 2080s, with climate change..... Climate Change Threatens Health: South Carolina

WASHINGTON: SC already feeling climate change effects | Local News | The State

Good luck with that cancer thing.

^^

Back up what you preach. If you are arguing that South Carolina and the US in general are seeing more extreme heat and droughts than you are incorrect.

Heat waves aren't as severe as they once were

And no, summer drought isn't increasing

and neither is drought in annual terms

Good luck with those climate models

Quote:
Really? By July 15, ice extent had fallen to within 440,000 square kilometers (170,000 square miles) of that seen in 2012 (the modern satellite-era record minimum) on the same date, and was 1.54 million square kilometers (595,000 square miles) below the 1981 to 2010 average.
Did you know during much of the Holocene....

Arctic Sea ice was half of what was the summer minimum in 2007?

Quote:
Large variations in Arctic sea ice: Polar ice much less stable than previously thought, study finds
Date:

August 4, 2011
Source:
University of Copenhagen
Summary:
For the last 10,000 years, summer sea ice in the Arctic Ocean has been far from constant. For several thousand years, there was much less sea ice in The Arctic Ocean -- probably less than half of current amounts, according to a new study

Last edited by chicagogeorge; 07-27-2014 at 08:14 PM..

Old 07-27-2014, 08:34 PM

25,847 posts, read 16,528,639 times
I would like to know where in Minnesota it is warmer in the winter. Maybe one county in the SW corner. This past winter I don't think we got above freezing from just after Thanksgiving into March. January was the coldest month I personally have ever seen.

Old 07-27-2014, 08:46 PM

29,523 posts, read 19,620,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I would like to know where in Minnesota it is warmer in the winter. Maybe one county in the SW corner. This past winter I don't think we got above freezing from just after Thanksgiving into March. January was the coldest month I personally have ever seen.
Minnesota has seen a general warming trend in the winter, especially over the last 30 years. It's still pretty damn cold.

Old 07-27-2014, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Some warming isn't even a bad thing. It would be good for the northern states and Canada. I don't mind warmer winters myself and I'm down in SC.

It is vanity to pretend that the "norm" for temperatures is just what we are used to. We hardly on this earth for long.

People just got tunnel vision on this kind of climate stuff.

The earth is going to do what it does. Man can't control it, only arrogant types will argue otherwise. We aren't little Gods.

Reality is the pushers of this theory just support big government, more taxes, more regulations. Just say that, rather than make up some wild theory that has no basis in reality, with the end goal being more government, taxes and regulation. lol
It is not the warming that is the problem so much as drastic changes in climate in many areas...Some places have already become dryer, while others are becoming wetter and more susceptible to flooding....

Regarding your statement that it is some kind of government conspiracy....That is just nuts.

Old 07-27-2014, 10:58 PM

Quote:
it isn't a government conspiracy. It is liberals being libearals. What is your solution to it? Tax hikes, government regulations. That is what you want, you just trying to use the Environment to get the Soccer Moms and College Kids to get all hot for Tax Hike. lol It works too. We admire it for a good political stunt. It is all a fraud though. You haven't shown any current or past warming trend. Weather still the same as it was decades ago. We doing just fine.

Correction: Poll after poll shows that Americans don't believe in global warming or even care about the issue. So the fraud doesn't work anymore. Conservatives won yet another argument. This one was the easiest one yet. lol Hat tip to the weather for helping us out.
We have had a carbon tax since 2008...It is doing what it was meant to do without effecting our economy or our wallets.

Sustainable Prosperity | BC

You are also wrong about what Americans believe http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Climate...ion_by_country

I can understand people debating the cause of global warming, but to deny that it is happening at all one would have to be living in a fantasy world.

Old 07-27-2014, 11:09 PM

5,177 posts, read 4,791,608 times
Quote:
We have had a carbon tax since 2008...It is doing what it was meant to do without effecting our economy or our wallets.

Sustainable Prosperity | BC

You are also wrong about what Americans believe Climate change opinion by country - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I can understand people debating the cause of global warming, but to deny that it is happening at all one would have to be living in a fantasy world.
Ha ha so wikipedia is a peer reviewed source now?

Last edited by CaseyB; 07-28-2014 at 04:40 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies