Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2014, 07:07 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,894,826 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
I'm seeing several posters who appear to be looking for an excuse to hit women.
I'm seeing several posters who appear to be looking for an excuse to physically abuse men and get away with it "because they're smaller" or "because they're women."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2014, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoniDanko View Post
What's amazing is that women are not child like or have the mental capacity of a child. They are no different than men mentally. If men and women are of equal intelligence and maturity, then why is it we expect men to show restraint when it comes to assault, but do not expect the same from women?

If women do not want to be hit, then women should keep their hands to themselves. Both parties should keep their hands to themselves.

I don't care if you're a man or a woman.. Purposely hitting and attacking someone who you "expect" will not hit you back makes you a coward in my book.
And an idiot.

And an abusive person.

Old 07-27-2014, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
I could understand how you provoke violence, but I've never had that problem.
So if a woman said that, would she be "provoking violence?"

Old 07-27-2014, 07:09 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,351,440 times
You know why the whole size thing/strength does not matter when it comes to women hitting men?

Because it's not even the consequence of the physical violence that matters. I mean, it matters a little. But it's not the point. It's the intent and the feeling behind it that is so disturbing.

So size and gender does not matter. What matters is the state of mind, the disregard, and the disrespect.

Old 07-27-2014, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
You know why the whole size thing/strength does not matter when it comes to women hitting men?

Because it's not even the consequence of the physical violence that matters. I mean, it matters a little. But it's not the point. It's the intent and the feeling behind it that is so disturbing.

So size and gender does not matter. What matters is the state of mind, the disregard, and the disrespect.
I agree with this totally. I cannot imagine anyone thinking for a moment that it's OK, or excusable, for a woman to physically abuse a man, or for a woman to expect to be able to do so without threat of violence back at her, because "she's a woman."

I'll tell you how you avoid getting hit back or hurt in self defense - don't hit someone else first.

Old 07-27-2014, 08:12 AM

1,179 posts, read 1,552,657 times
Don't hit girls.

Old 07-27-2014, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vergofa View Post
Don't hit girls.
Don't hit people.

Old 07-27-2014, 09:33 AM

19,836 posts, read 12,096,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
I'm seeing many more posters who give females free license to hit men with no worries about being hit back.
I'm seeing the same thing.

Old 07-27-2014, 09:41 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,321,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I'm seeing several posters who appear to be looking for an excuse to physically abuse men and get away with it "because they're smaller" or "because they're women."
Which ones? I haven't seen anyone saying that it's OK for a woman to physically abuse a man.
It isn't OK.

Old 07-27-2014, 12:26 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,207,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshFresh View Post
Is there anything egregious a woman can do, that would make hitting her understandable?

Can we look at what happened before the attack? or is that irrelevant?

Please share with me.

what????
Are you serious???
I happen to come out of domestic violence
once I got slammed because I said single people can adopt babies
oh yea that really was uncalled for!!! I got punched in the mouth while driving because the tires made a noise as I applied the gas peddle
oh sure that was reason enough!!! Men who hit women are like rapist it is about one thing POWER!!!!
I was also being talked to like I have no friends or he can kill me and get away with it
you get brainwashed over time
I lived in that hell for 7 years, his grandfather was county police chief
I finally did get out but it took years to get past the mental and emotional damage
what a stupid insensitive question
tell me are YOU an abuser?? do you think it justified to hit a women??
I will tell you this I would NEVER put up with it again because first time he would have a bullet in his head
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies