Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2014, 06:53 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Deregulation Frank, deregulation... No one has asked specifically for tainted meat but this is what you get when profits are valued higher than anything else... Do you get it now?
There are regulations here. The answer will be to create new regulations that will be ignored as opposed to strongly enforcing the ones on the books.

I find it amazing how many want to blame everyone other than those not enforcing the regulations already on the books.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2014, 07:07 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,879,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
I hate puppies too. This is typical comment from the left when these topics come up. I'm talking about single light bulb and you try and turn that into letting truckers use bald tires and endangering everyone on the highway. How can anyone have honest discussion when you are going to make ridiculous comments like that.
Thank you. The ridiculous comments that people consider debate is really getting annoying.

Our company decided unilaterally to start double strapping our loads. The DOT cited one of our trucks for a slightly worn area on the secondary strap despite the fact DOT regulations only require one strap. I am betting someone in our company is rethinking that second strap policy.

Old 07-27-2014, 07:19 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,329,809 times
What is with the DOT dipping our fuel???

I can see checking for off road fuel is a truck has been stop for other things......but, they appear to be pulling trucks over just to check.

I sat by the road over an hour.......I had to explain to an officer it was OK if a had a tank of off road......we drill water wells.....we use off road fuel.

He finally checked with his supervisor.

Then he checked ever light and air hose connection......which was useless....there is under 500 miles on the rig.

I was waiting for him to notice we do not run with license plates.

Old 07-27-2014, 07:24 AM

78,326 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Deregulation is the key phase of the day for your type. Tell me this, do you think the FDA implements too much regulation, not enough, or just enough?
Yeah, but your whole argument is strawman hyperbole.

Conservative: We need less regulation.

Shabazz: Oh so you think we need to take down all street lights and abolish the penal code.

Meanwhile, in the real world....let's hear from some other people....

Quote:
The U.S. government must reduce business regulation to spur job growth, said Jeffrey Immelt, chief executive officer of General Electric Co. (GE) and head of President Barack Obama’s Council on Jobs and Competitiveness.
GE

A further dose of reality over mindless rhetoric....

Quote:
California lawmakers offered Tesla Motors Inc. (TSLA) regulatory changes to accelerate a planned $5 billion battery “gigafactory†as New Jersey legislators filed a measure that would allow the company to resume electric car sales there.

The California bill, proposed yesterday by Senate President Pro Tempore Darrell Steinberg, a Sacramento Democrat, and Senator Ted Gaines, a Republican from Roseville, calls for unspecified “changes to regulatory and environmental processes to expedite groundbreaking†for the plant, according to a statement.

Tesla, based in Palo Alto, California, announced plans for the sprawling battery plant in February to supply lower-cost lithium-ion cells for its cars and packs for home-power storage devices. Chief Executive Officer Elon Musk cited the time needed for California’s stringent environmental review as the reason the company didn’t initially consider the state. Musk in May said California was back on the list.
Tesla Wooed by California as New Jersey Weighs Sales Plan - Bloomberg

Old 07-27-2014, 07:25 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,023,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Our company decided unilaterally to start double strapping our loads. The DOT cited one of our trucks for a slightly worn area on the secondary strap despite the fact DOT regulations only require one strap. I am betting someone in our company is rethinking that second strap policy.
I believe it's the same policy with the lights, if it's on the truck it has to work. Adding extras to improve safety would increase your chances of being fined for it.

Old 07-27-2014, 07:31 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,023,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
What is with the DOT dipping our fuel???
I was never on roads where there was lot of them. Whenever I got stopped they would do a quick check of the lights, look at the tires, look at the extinguisher and look at your paperwork. Never had problem becsue I always made sure those things were functional or in good shape, you could do my job with bald tires if you wanted too anyway. Now I see state DOT all over the place and in our state even the local police are getting in on it. A town near me with 5K population has their own van and certified inspector, they are using it for a revenue stream.

Old 07-27-2014, 07:36 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
Deregulation is the key phase of the day for your type. Tell me this, do you think the FDA implements too much regulation, not enough, or just enough?
Deregulations and the FDA have nothing to do with how China does it's business.
And the FDA does think China regulates and inspects meat.
They have so much trust in China that we're importing chicken from them.

Chicken from China....ground zero for bird flu.

Old 07-27-2014, 08:46 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,680,593 times
From the article:

Quote:
Earlier this year Wal-Mart recalled some donkey meat after it was found to be contaminated with fox meat.

Old 07-27-2014, 08:48 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
There are regulations here. The answer will be to create new regulations that will be ignored as opposed to strongly enforcing the ones on the books.

I find it amazing how many want to blame everyone other than those not enforcing the regulations already on the books.
The US and FDA have nothing to do with Chinese businesses slapping new labels on old tainted meat.
And it's the USDA that regulates meat so I don't understand why folks are harping on the FDA.

Old 07-27-2014, 09:17 AM

1,701 posts, read 1,107,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
I saw that China sent their good friends the Japanesse some of that tainted meat. Americans should watch out because we send them chickens and they process the meat in China and send it back. This use to be a job that was heavily done by illegal immigrants, just think we are shipping their jobs away now and still inviting them into the country

You folks that love store bought chicken nuggets or those you get at McDonalds I would give it some thought. Same with Cambell soup, I refuse to buy any of those products I buy my meat raised and processed from the state of Ohio.
According to Obama these new illegals, oops, I mean refugees, are some of the "best and the brightest". Plucking chickens would certainly be beneath these future doctors, lawyers, CEOs, CIOs, CFOs, STEM educated, entrepreneurs that are so needed in the US because Americans are lazy, uneducated, unskilled and don't have the motivation and ambition to strive to do better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies