Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2014, 01:16 PM

46,943 posts, read 25,960,211 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlightorFight View Post
Well let's hope so. I'm all for it. They did confirm already that it was in fact shot down, and it HAS to be pro-Russian rebels. Now the question remains: why?
Let's not attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity. The rebels didn't have their target recognition sh.t together.

Quote:
Meanwhile, anybody has any info regarding the prohibited flight over the military zone?
Yes, it wasn't prohibited.

Old 07-27-2014, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Not really a reason to risk 300 people's lives.
Things are much clearer in hindsight, no?

Old 07-27-2014, 01:19 PM

33,521 posts, read 37,121,123 times
Quote:
Well spoted, sanspeur! Take a positive rate, I like your response.

I dug deeper, and it appears that flights weren't allowed under 32,000 ft, whereas MH17 was flying at 33,000 ft.

But then, another question pops up.

There were official claims from Ukraine that the rebels had captured the BUK missile system. Ukraine has multiple BUK systems of their own, which they are well aware can reach up to 46,000 ft. So why was Ukraine's air traffic control routing a commercial airline through a war zone at 33,000 if a BUK system really was in the hands of the rebels and Kiev had been attacking the rebels with aircraft in the weeks previously? There were also other military jets downed right before the MH17 was flying over the very same dangerous area. Why was the Malaysian MAS17 flying a path 100 to 150 miles north of the routes it had been following in the previous 5 days?

#1: Malaysia Airlines (MH) #17

#2: Malaysia Airlines (MH) #17

Again, these are just the questions that pop up in every rational thinking person's mind. This is NOT in support for anything, just questioning of all the half-truths from either side.

Anybody?
The reason flight 17 deviated north was because they were trying to avoid a line of thunderstorms.

Old 07-27-2014, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Not true.
Yeah, actually, quite true. It wasn't just Malaysian Airlines. Emirates and Lufthansa both rerouted after MH17.

Old 07-27-2014, 01:25 PM

38 posts, read 30,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
The reason flight 17 deviated north was because they were trying to avoid a line of thunderstorms.
Interesting, I did not know that. Makes great sense.

In the mean time, can we explore the question why did Ukraine authorized flight of the plane when they knew for a fact that pro-Russian rebels have the BUK system that can easily hit that plane? Especially when they just downed some of their own jets?

Given the idiocy and "kill everyone in sight" ideology of Russians, this could've even been predicted.

Also, what's the opinion on citizens of Slaviansk mentioning Ukrainian fighter jets flying right next to civilian airliners? Girl in the video says that "this could lead to a catastrophe," implying that while trying to shoot down a jet, they might accidentally hit an airliner.

Although, the video was uploaded on Jun 18, while the plane was shot down on Jun 17, which makes it an easy possibility for a propaganda and basically pro-Russian rebels trying to cover their asses with this theory. Sounds very possible to me. Just interested in others' opinions or if anybody can refute the propaganda thing.

Old 07-27-2014, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Yeah, actually, quite true. It wasn't just Malaysian Airlines. Emirates and Lufthansa both rerouted after MH17.
Sorry, I won't be responding to your posts because you're not impartial and obviously support the US no matter what. I'm not in support of any side (and FYI, I do agree that pro-Russian rebels did shoot the plane, most likely), but I'm here to seek reason and rationale rather than assign blame.

Old 07-27-2014, 01:32 PM

33,521 posts, read 37,121,123 times
Quote:
Interesting, I did not know that. Makes great sense.

In the mean time, can we explore the question why did Ukraine authorized flight of the plane when they knew for a fact that pro-Russian rebels have the BUK system that can easily hit that plane? Especially when they just downed some of their own jets?

Given the idiocy and "kill everyone in sight" ideology of Russians, this could've even been predicted.

Also, what's the opinion on citizens of Slaviansk mentioning Ukrainian fighter jets flying right next to civilian airliners? Girl in the video says that "this could lead to a catastrophe," implying that while trying to shoot down a jet, they might accidentally hit an airliner.
This site may answer some of your questions...
Should MH17 have even been flying over eastern Ukraine? - The Washington Post

Old 07-27-2014, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Sorry, I won't be responding to your posts because you're not impartial and obviously support the US no matter what. I'm not in support of any side (and FYI, I do agree that pro-Russian rebels did shoot the plane, most likely), but I'm here to seek reason and rationale rather than assign blame.
Facts are stubborn things.

Old 07-27-2014, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Facts are stubborn things.
You did not bring any. If you do, I'll continue the discussion. At this point, it's just a waste of time for both of us.

It's all in good faith, from my side at least.

Old 07-27-2014, 01:37 PM

2,776 posts, read 1,840,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Are you sure about thunderstorms? As I remember, it was a clear sunny day by some reporters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies