Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2014, 06:30 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,902,306 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post

You can make your own firearms at home. Who needs to know you own one?
I bet you believe there are no records kept on sales of barrels, uppers, bolt carriers and bolts and where they were shipped.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2014, 06:32 AM

Quote:
You come across as one who is better than the rest - elitist - so the fact behooves you.
You just insist on being the south end of a north bound mule don't ya, get back to me when you can stop with the personal comments, or don't, either way works for me.

Old 07-30-2014, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Not with a LWNJ in front of the barrel.
Keep telling yourself that, you may very well find out different one day.

Old 07-30-2014, 08:33 AM

1,152 posts, read 1,273,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
I bet you believe there are no records kept on sales of barrels, uppers, bolt carriers and bolts and where they were shipped.
Just paranoia or do you have some reason to believe this? Does believing it make you feel safer?

Old 07-30-2014, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
The most emotional and irrational posters on this forum are RWNJs. They also tend to be the biggest crybabies about everything. A lot of them have very childish attitudes, like how they think it's "unfair" and "oppressive" that they can't air their racist views in public, or curse in public, etc.
Nope, there are quite a few crybabies with childish attitudes displaying both ends of the political spectrum here. You are exhibiting classic selection bias.

Old 07-30-2014, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prosopis View Post
Just paranoia or do you have some reason to believe this? Does believing it make you feel safer?
No, but I know that is a company keeps records of their sales and delivery addresses then it is always possible for a government agency to get their hands on those records. Paranoid? Probably, it has kept me alive on more than one occasion, one mans paranoia is another mans caution and instincts. As for your last question, no it does not, but knowing it is possible at least means I am aware of the realities.

Old 07-30-2014, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_J View Post
I've heard conflicting opinions on this. The most common is that the gun can't be sold, transferred, given away, etc. legally. I've also heard that you can put it in a trust and just add or remove trustees as needed. But how is the gun included in the trust without a serial number? That wasn't clearly explained.

Before I build an 80% gun, I will get a definite answer from an attorney familiar with gun laws.
True enough, the conflicting opinions come from it apparently not being much of an issue for ATF at the present time. Times do change, issues change, and enforcement changes, and the wise builder hedges his bets by using serial numbers.

I've heard of owning class 3 weapons in a trust, but not home builds. No reason one couldn't do so, but there is also little incentive to do so since the trust's advantage is primarily in avoiding transfer complications that are specific to class 3 weapons. My understanding of the subject is very superficial however, not having any desire to own such weapons.

Old 07-30-2014, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
No, but I know that is a company keeps records of their sales and delivery addresses then it is always possible for a government agency to get their hands on those records. Paranoid? Probably, it has kept me alive on more than one occasion, one mans paranoia is another mans caution and instincts. As for your last question, no it does not, but knowing it is possible at least means I am aware of the realities.
I doubt all companies do so, or that they would all be quick to share such info. It's not like we're talking NSA and google here. Many companies would only share that kind of info under extreme legal duress and if it gets the that point, or has done already, the ordinary citizen is pretty well screwed anyhow.

Old 07-30-2014, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prosopis View Post
I doubt all companies do so, or that they would all be quick to share such info. It's not like we're talking NSA and google here. Many companies would only share that kind of info under extreme legal duress and if it gets the that point, or has done already, the ordinary citizen is pretty well screwed anyhow.
With a court order they have zero choice and yes many would be screwed, and ensuring you have enough ammo will be the higher priority.

Old 07-30-2014, 08:59 AM

4,396 posts, read 4,899,305 times
Quote:
Psst...Why bother yourself with trivial matters? Do you plan on a crime spree with said weapon or is it for home defense? Leave all of your undeclared belongings to a trusted family member and that's that.
Since I don't currently own a home built gun, it's not an issue. I'm always clear that I follow the law when I post messages on a forum. It would not be very smart of me to publicly state anything else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies