Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2014, 09:36 AM

4,395 posts, read 4,911,959 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
No, but I know that is a company keeps records of their sales and delivery addresses then it is always possible for a government agency to get their hands on those records. Paranoid? Probably, it has kept me alive on more than one occasion, one mans paranoia is another mans caution and instincts. As for your last question, no it does not, but knowing it is possible at least means I am aware of the realities.
Ares Armor is a perfect example. They followed the law and kept receipts of people using credit cards. From those, the BATFE was able to get a warrant and seize their records. The owner has also stated that if you want to buy in person and pay cash or send cash via mail, he will not save any information concerning the sale of 80% AR-15 lowers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2014, 09:44 AM

1,594 posts, read 1,411,911 times
Customized handles, perfect fit. Great!

Sounds peculiar firing though. What caliber is it?

psik

Old 07-30-2014, 07:41 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,742,291 times
Quote:
A $3000 plus reciever, yes that is a smart investment.
For the first one, but then again you can printer as many as you want for next to nothing..

Old 07-30-2014, 08:15 PM

1,594 posts, read 1,411,911 times
Quote:
A $3000 plus reciever, yes that is a smart investment.
Are you talking about the cost of the printer? How many receivers can be printed and how many other things?

psik

Old 07-30-2014, 08:32 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
5 axis Flow-Jet...

What do you need?

Old 07-30-2014, 08:32 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,527,281 times
I'm happy for you, gunlover. Myself, I'd be far more interested in a 3d Beyonce or Cameron Diaz.

Old 07-31-2014, 05:57 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
I'm happy for you, gunlover. Myself, I'd be far more interested in a 3d Beyonce or Cameron Diaz.

A sex doll...
Really?

Old 07-31-2014, 07:29 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by psikeyhackr View Post
Are you talking about the cost of the printer? How many receivers can be printed and how many other things?

psik
How many do you need or even want? One can buy a whole lot of recievers for 3 Grand or they can buy professionally built complete guns for the same money. I would also add that you still need to get the upper recievers, barrels, bolt carriers, bolts, firing pins, buffer tubes and buffer springs, butt stocks and handguards and..... well you get the point lots of other parts you will need. So unless you are going into the buisiness of making lower recievers the investment in the tool along with the materials to make the part out of it really is not all that great of an investment for someone simply wanting to ensure they and their family are well armed. For the same amount of money one can buy 2 good quality AR's and 2 good quality semiauto handguns, enough for you and you wife, then with what it would cost you to get all the other parts you can add a few more backup handguns and a couple of shotguns and there ya go all set, plus you get a warranty on all of it. One last time: I am not against the printer, I could see some very valid reasons a person would want or even need one, but if the goal is to simply arm yourself and family then no, it is not a good investment and would take longer to accomplish and as I mentioned, either way you will end up leaving a paper trail behind you. So for for manufacturing reasons it is a great tool, for simply arming yourself and your family, I do not see it as the best method.

Old 07-31-2014, 07:31 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
A sex doll...
Really?
You make guns and they make dolls, to each their own, I bet some might like to have Both

Old 07-31-2014, 11:44 AM

50,289 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
I bet you believe there are no records kept on sales of barrels, uppers, bolt carriers and bolts and where they were shipped.
I've put together an entire AR from people legally selling parts off CL. Coupled with an 80%er one can build a gun the gubmint can't see on radar.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies