Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2014, 07:21 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,650,086 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Can someone tell me why we are supporting the UN? By rights, the billions we send to them every year should be paying for UN troops to do the job Israeli soldiers are forced to do. To go in, route out Hamas terrorists, kill them and destroy their means of waging war on the civilians of Israel. Instead those blubbering, leftist idiots have the gall to critize Israelis for attempting to stop the indescriminate killing of it's people and destruction of homes and property. The UN is becoming (or has become) a terrorist organization in and of themselves.
Your facts are incorrect:

indiscriminate killing of people?: Yes, Israel is indiscriminately killing civilians of Gaza, (1,700 dead, mostly civilians )

Destruction of home and property?: Yes, Israel has bombed and destroyed about 6,000 civilian homes in Gaza. It has also bombed and shelled the refugee centers that these civilians have fled to.

Israeli losses have been military, and only 2 or 3 civilians, no children.

Even prior to this latest military assault by Israel, Palestinians in Gaza had their homes taken from them, their homes were bull-dozed, their farmland was taken from them, and their land was "settled" by Israelis.

Old 08-04-2014, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
The son of Hamas founder said it himself,

"“Hamas hijacked what's so-called the Palestinian cause to push their political and religious, most importantly ideological agendas. Hamas does not care. If tomorrow Israel comes to Hamas and say, we give you the 1967 borders, Hamas is not going to agree for that.”

"Well, I think the Qataris take some responsibility in what's happening right now because they funded Hamas over the last decade. And also, Turkey did the same. Sala Harouri (ph), one of Hamas’s top leaders, live today in Turkey. He was the one who gave the commands for those Hamas members from the West Bank to kidnap the Israeli kids and slaughter them, in Hebron. So basically, those powers in the region, they need to stop supporting Hamas organization because Hamas organization simply is a terrorist organization, and she does not care about the lives of Palestinians. She does not care about the lives of Israelis, either

Read more: Son of Hamas Founder Declares

Read more: Son of Hamas Founder Declares

I really wish Israeli–Palestinian conflict can be resolved peacefully. I think and Jews and Palestinians are both human beings first and they deserve to be treated with human decency and dignity. I think they can get along someday, but Israeli and Hamas will never co-exist.

"Son of Hamas" Mosab Hassan Yousef has also said in an open letter on his blog:

" I am a Palestinian who spent several years in Israeli jails, who was tortured and beaten almost to death by angry Israeli soldiers. Yet, Christ pursued me until I "found him" and accepted his challenge to forgive and love my enemies. ....

I learned on my own, the very hard way, that extremist Israelis were no less dangerous than extremist Palestinians. Israelis are not the problem, and Palestinians are not the problem. Extremism is the problem. "

Mosab Hassan Yousef's Blog - Let's get to know each other, let's talk . . . - May 13, 2011 19:40

Old 08-04-2014, 07:57 PM

13,212 posts, read 21,829,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
No, CNN says that.
BULL CRAP. You are either ignorant or a liar. Here it is, straight out the first paragraph of the Hamas Charter:

"Israel will exist and will continue to exist until Islam will obliterate it, just as it obliterated others before it"

Read it yourself here: The Avalon Project : Hamas Covenant 1988

Or here: http://fas.org/irp/world/para/docs/880818.htm

Or here... Hamas Covenant - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hamas has NEVER done anything that is not aligned directly towards this goal. Find something to the contrary and prove me wrong, or shut up.

Old 08-04-2014, 08:18 PM

13,212 posts, read 21,829,904 times
Quote:

" I am a Palestinian who spent several years in Israeli jails, who was tortured and beaten almost to death by angry Israeli soldiers. Yet, Christ pursued me until I "found him" and accepted his challenge to forgive and love my enemies. ....

I learned on my own, the very hard way, that extremist Israelis were no less dangerous than extremist Palestinians. Israelis are not the problem, and Palestinians are not the problem. Extremism is the problem. "

Mosab Hassan Yousef's Blog - Let's get to know each other, let's talk . . . - May 13, 2011 19:40
You realize of course that Mosab is entirely anti-Hamas and pro-Israel. He said this:

“Their goal is to conquer the globe and build an Islamic state on every inch of the globe,” he told The Right Scoop . “(Hamas) is willing to sacrifice as many Palestinian lives as it takes.

“Israel in the Middle East is fighting on behalf of the free world,” he said."

“In the mosques, Hamas taught us that without shedding innocent blood for the sake of the ideology, we wouldn’t be able to build an Islamic state. They were preparing us from the age as young as five years old. This is the ideology that Hamas was feeding us. And honestly it’s impossible almost for anybody to break through and see the truth and real face of Hamas and be able to leave at some point,” he said. “As you see in my case, I had to lose everything just to say no to Hamas. And today when I look at the children of Gaza and I know what they’re fed, I know that they have no choice.”

Ref: http://www.news.com.au/world/middle-...-1227007949956

This is YOUR guy you quoted. He didn't say radical Islamists. He said, "HAMAS", as in all of them. So let's see you weasel out of this one.

Last edited by kdog; 08-04-2014 at 08:33 PM..

Old 08-04-2014, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
You realize of course that Mosab is entirely anti-Hamas and pro-Israel. He said this:

“Their goal is to conquer the globe and build an Islamic state on every inch of the globe,” he told The Right Scoop . “(Hamas) is willing to sacrifice as many Palestinian lives as it takes.

“Israel in the Middle East is fighting on behalf of the free world,” he said."

Mr Yousef said he had been brainwashed as a child to sacrifice everything for the cause.
“In the mosques, Hamas taught us that without shedding innocent blood for the sake of the ideology, we wouldn’t be able to build an Islamic state. They were preparing us from the age as young as five years old. This is the ideology that Hamas was feeding us. And honestly it’s impossible almost for anybody to break through and see the truth and real face of Hamas and be able to leave at some point,” he said. “As you see in my case, I had to lose everything just to say no to Hamas. And today when I look at the children of Gaza and I know what they’re fed, I know that they have no choice.”

Ref: Hamas founder’s son Mosab Hassan Yousef says Israel is fighting “on behalf of the free world” | News.com.au

This is YOUR guy you quoted. He didn't say radical Islamists. He said, "HAMAS", as in all of them. So let's see you weasel out of this one.
All those quotes are still from the CNN interview which was probably heavily edited to be as pro-Israel as possible.

Besides I think that guy suffered some brain-damage by all the beatings at the hands of the Israeli's when he was held without cause in Israeli prisons.

Old 08-04-2014, 08:50 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:

I think I can accept that. He Mosab Hassan Yousef is an extraordinary person. I think he deserves a Nobel price for letting the world know the truth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fHj3Tj0CAo

Old 08-04-2014, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I think I can accept that. He Mosab Hassan Yousef is an extraordinary person. I think he deserves a Nobel price for letting the world know the truth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fHj3Tj0CAo
But admit it, look at his face; he looks like he either is on drugs or has some brain-damage. I wasn't joking when I wrote he may have some brain-damage. Mosab Hassan Yousef has written himself that he was nearly beaten to death by Israeli soldiers:

"I am a Palestinian who spent several years in Israeli jails, who was tortured and beaten almost to death by angry Israeli soldiers."

Unlike some on here, I actually have links to my sources:

Old 08-04-2014, 09:03 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
But admit it, look at his face; he looks like he either is on drugs or has some brain-damage. I wasn't joking when I wrote he may have some brain-damage. Mosab Hassan Yousef has written himself that he was nearly beaten to death by Israeli soldiers:

"I am a Palestinian who spent several years in Israeli jails, who was tortured and beaten almost to death by angry Israeli soldiers."

Unlike some on here, I actually have links to my sources:

No I don't think he is either on drugs or has some brain damage. WOW You must be kidding.

Old 08-04-2014, 09:07 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,520,506 times
There's a reason this site has an ignore function, lily. You should use it. There are people here so hateful, stupid, and ignorant, they don't deserve recognition or engagement.

Old 08-04-2014, 09:08 PM

1,698 posts, read 1,822,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
There's a reason this site has an ignore function, lily. You should use it. There are people here so hateful, stupid, and ignorant, they don't deserve recognition or engagement.
This is the most ironic thing I've read on this board ever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies