Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2014, 12:39 PM

2,171 posts, read 1,459,438 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
What media has been supporting Hamas?
I was watching cnn the other day and some moron was making the case that Israel is the enemy in all of this and hamas does absolutely nothing wrong.

Old 07-28-2014, 12:41 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toryturner View Post
I agree, but when Israel takes them out again I don't want to hear the collective whine about the poor Arab nations.
I'm very much a non-interventionist when it comes to the ME but I find it very difficult to believe if all the ME states that allegedly want to wipe Israel off the map got together that they couldn't do it. At times it seems all the involved countries are quite content maintaining the status quo of minor skirmishes here and there (and no, I don't take the innocent lives lost lightly) because many are making $$$ on both sides of the divide.

Old 07-28-2014, 12:41 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,465,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CinSonic View Post
Funny how our media is supporting hamas now which we labeled a terrorist organization. While Israel is one of our strongest allies. How does that work? lol
What has Israel done to show it is "one of our strongest allies"?

Old 07-28-2014, 12:43 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
Quote:
Hamas Will Not Recognize Israel Ever
Why they need to become extinct.

Old 07-28-2014, 12:44 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,650,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CinSonic View Post
I was watching cnn the other day and some moron was making the case that Israel is the enemy in all of this and hamas does absolutely nothing wrong.
Both sides are doing wrong.

Both Israeli and Palestinian extremism is wrong.

But in this case, Israeli is using over-whelming force against a defenceless and trapped civilian population in Gaza. It is definitely doing something WRONG --- WAR CRIMES.

The Geneva convention states that you cannot punish and kill civilians and children for the actions of their military and that is exactly what Israel is doing. It is disgusting and outrageous.

1046 Palestinians killed, mostly civilians and children, over 5,000 injured, hundreds of thousands displaced from their homes

2 Israeli civilians killed so far, and about 48 troops

Old 07-28-2014, 12:44 PM

2,171 posts, read 1,459,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
What has Israel done to show it is "one of our strongest allies"?
not relationship wise, strength wise.

Old 07-28-2014, 12:45 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,231,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
You call it poking, others call it resistance against an 8 year long blockade and seige of Gaza.

Israel restricts the daily movement of Gaza residents across their borders, and limits the supply of food, water, electricity, sewage treatment, medical services and supplies in Gaza. At any time the Israeli police and military can barge into a family home in Gaza and haul off young males to Israeli prisons without fair hearing or trials, to be held indefinitely, beaten and even killed (as many of them have been in Israeli custody.) Israel mows down the homes of Gaza residents, steals their farmland, burns and destroys their olive trees so the people cannot farm or feed and support their families, shoots and kills small children who are merely throwing rocks at Israeli police. Could you live like that? Wouldn't you feel like "poking" or fighting back at the nation that is persecuting you?
If Egypt had not been involved in the six day war Gaza would not have been taken over by the Israelis. If they would quit building tunnels to attack Israel they might have more credibility in the world. And the U.N., who is not a cheerleader for the United States, freely admits that Hamas places weapons where women and children are located. If Gaza wants peace they need to stop the b.s. Yes, I live in California and if Mexico were doing these very same things I would have already voted for bombing them back to the stone age.

Old 07-28-2014, 12:46 PM

31,046 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toryturner View Post
Some of us favor Israel because Hamas and others poke, poke, poke at the bear and then wail when their heads get bit off.
Thats the way it usually plays out time and time again. That area of the world was so much better off when the Ottoman's controlled the territory

Old 07-28-2014, 12:48 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,650,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Why they need to become extinct.
That kind of blood-thirsty mindless thinking needs to become extinct.

This conflict will never be solved with fighting and death.

It can only be settled with peaceful negotiation and compromise, goodwill, humility and fairness.

Old 07-28-2014, 12:49 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Both sides are doing wrong.

Both Israeli and Palestinian extremism is wrong.

But in this case, Israeli is using over-whelming force against a defenceless and trapped civilian population in Gaza. It is definitely doing something WRONG --- WAR CRIMES.

The Geneva convention states that you cannot punish and kill civilians and children for the actions of their military and that is exactly what Israel is doing. It is disgusting and outrageous.

1046 Palestinians killed, mostly civilians and children, over 5,000 injured, hundreds of thousands displaced from their homes

2 Israeli civilians killed so far, and about 48 troops
BS.

Brain dead Arabs sling rockets, shame on them.

Brain dead Arabs continue to sling rockets, shame on Israel.

Brain dead Arabs still throw rockets, Israel's patience runs out.

So if Gazans want the carnage to end, get rid of Hamas.

Simple. Otherwise, they will reap the rewards because of Hamas who will always use civilians as human shields. Cowards.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies