Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2014, 03:23 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,743,685 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
How many people do you know personally who would convert? No one I know.
I've known several native-born Americans who converted. They were social conservatives who admired muslim family values. Also, when you look at christians and muslims in the aggregate, it seems that muslims take their religion more seriously than christians do. (Yes, I know, vast overgeneralization, no need for you to object.)

To your larger point, I don't think that the main impetus for current muslim unrest is conversion, even though they do believe that conversion would be a good thing. Mainly, they're angry at the west because of our nearly century-long interference, including the establishment of a formal state of Israel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2014, 03:53 PM

7,322 posts, read 6,923,666 times
Even tha koran says the land belongs to the Israelites.
Muslim are taught to lie , that is contradictory to the God of Israel and Christianity.
The only contribution Muslim make is their money. that did not come from their quality of life or hard work, but the oil on their land , thats it. period.

Old 07-29-2014, 04:03 PM

5,576 posts, read 7,997,640 times
Muslims have been part of the fabric of America from the beginning and have been welcomed as full-fledged Americans from the beginning, and that should be stressed to all especially at this particular time, so I think Barack Obama has the right general idea. However, to say that Muslims built the American nation is very much a stretch considering the vanishingly small number of Muslim Americans there were as of the Founding.

It's also quite amusing to see people equate Islam with Islamic terrorism and global jihad. One could just as easily equate Christianity with the Crusades and all the terror and death associated with them; indeed, there's probably more truth to the latter than the former considering how the Crusades were supported by most Christians at the time, which is more than al-Qaeda and ISIS can boast.

Old 07-29-2014, 04:05 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,589,306 times
Kenyan sleeper-agent for the Headchoppers.

Old 07-29-2014, 05:06 PM

3,502 posts, read 3,134,181 times
Conservatives on this board cry all day about how Obama is "dividing this country" but they never miss an opportunity to marginalize/demonize entire groups of their fellow Americans. I guess it's okay in their minds as long as they're the ones doing it.
Once again, in the light of reality, their complaint rings hollow.

Old 07-29-2014, 06:13 PM

31,035 posts, read 22,064,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
I've known several native-born Americans who converted. They were social conservatives who admired muslim family values. Also, when you look at christians and muslims in the aggregate, it seems that muslims take their religion more seriously than christians do. (Yes, I know, vast overgeneralization, no need for you to object.)

To your larger point, I don't think that the main impetus for current muslim unrest is conversion, even though they do believe that conversion would be a good thing. Mainly, they're angry at the west because of our nearly century-long interference, including the establishment of a formal state of Israel.
"I've known several native-born Americans who converted."

I have one in my own family. My cousin who married a man who seemed fairly westernized at the time. Of course he and she changed and became more religously conservative with time. They were Gay friendly at one time, no longer. He really wanted to be an American when he got his papers. Now he views himself a Middle Eastern man living in America. They are productive and good Americans even though they raise their children as if they are from the middle east of course they hate Israel and view that area of the world as Islamic and no other religions should exist there.

"To your larger point, I don't think that the main impetus for current muslim unrest is conversion, even though they do believe that conversion would be a good thing. Mainly, they're angry at the west because of our nearly century-long interference, including the establishment of a formal state of Israel"

Of course, they take a few breaks from attacking each other, Sunni, Shia, Kurd and other groups to attack Israel. If Israel wasn't there they would still be fighting amongst themselves.

Old 07-29-2014, 06:13 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,692,498 times
Well, we can pause a moment to thank Obama for his contribution to the "very fabric of our nation":

I Just Had a Terrible Thought | NCRenegade

Old 07-29-2014, 06:22 PM

31,035 posts, read 22,064,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricius Maximus View Post
It's also quite amusing to see people equate Islam with Islamic terrorism and global jihad. One could just as easily equate Christianity with the Crusades and all the terror and death associated with them; indeed, there's probably more truth to the latter than the former considering how the Crusades were supported by most Christians at the time, which is more than al-Qaeda and ISIS can boast.
I'm sure they were, but the last crusade was 500 years ago and our current direction of separating Church and state has been workable for most all Americans. The middle East is is a different story. 1400 years of Sunnis attacking Shias and other Muslim groups who worship differently has never let up. It's basically a 1400 year long war with a few breaks recently to attack Israel, Christians or Budist.

Old 07-29-2014, 06:34 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,692,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricius Maximus View Post
M
Islamics Launched their Crusades in 630 A.D.
Western Crusades started in 1095 A.D. to Stop Muslim Invasion
The Crusades were started by the Muslims in the year 630 A.D. when Muhammad invaded and conquered Mecca. Later on, Muslims invaded Syria, Iraq, Jerusalem, Iran, Egypt, Africa, Spain, Italy, France, etc. The Western Crusades started around 1095 to try to stop the Islamic aggressive invasions. Islamic Crusades continued even after the Western Crusades.
MUSLIM CRUSADES Started Four Centuries Before the Western Crusades « FactReal

Old 07-29-2014, 07:54 PM

1,701 posts, read 1,108,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
No they don't but when someone says "terrorist" Muslims come to mind.
that's what comes to YOUR mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies