Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2014, 06:21 PM

582 posts, read 778,853 times

Advertisements

That idiot Obama has just cost me $200 dollars a month due to his _____ Obamacare. My coverage went up over 30% this year. The idiot has screwed over everyone that works, everyone that tries to build themselves up and everyone that is decent. The only ones he has help are the LAZY SOBs with their hands out.

Old 07-28-2014, 06:24 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,480,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nealrm View Post
That idiot Obama has just cost me $200 dollars a month due to his _____ Obamacare. My coverage went up over 30% this year. The idiot has screwed over everyone that works, everyone that tries to build themselves up and everyone that is decent. The only ones he has help are the LAZY SOBs with their hands out.
Sounds like you have figured the Anointed One out for what he really is.

Old 07-28-2014, 06:33 PM

582 posts, read 778,853 times
I already knew and was dreading seeing my new rates. I expected an increase, but a $200/m increase is outright ridiculous. I really hope there are enough people left in the country that still believe in hard work to outvote those that have their hands out. If not, we are looking at a hard time ahead.

Old 07-28-2014, 06:54 PM

61 posts, read 99,624 times
The healthcare situation is completely upside down. I work as an RN in a critical care hospital, and I hear so many stories just like this, from hard working families. I never hear anything from people who are living totally off the system, because for them its a free ride.

My advice to our oldsters and vets? Rob a bank and go to the pen. You get free health care, free cable TV, free room/board, free gym membership, free education...

It would be funny if it weren't true.

Old 07-28-2014, 07:01 PM

3,513 posts, read 6,373,551 times
I had medical coverage that I was able to continue after I retired in 2004, I just had to pay for it myself. It was with United Health Care. Each year the premium went up until in 2013 it was $1,294 per month for just me. In January 2014 it went up another $241 to $1,535. Under the ACA I was able to shop for alternative coverage and now have a bronze policy that costs me just $630 a month, a savings of $905 each month and my deductible and out of pocket total $12,500.

No, I do not come close to qualifying for any subsidy, my pension is far too high for that. I also do not have any serious health issues that put me in a high risk category. United Health Care is just plain greedy.

By the way I am not a LAZY SOB, I put in 28 years in a tough, blue collar job but it was union and provided high wages and great benefits. There were 10 years before that in various low wage, no benefit jobs. Twice in my life I collected unemployment for a few weeks before finding other work, even when I was on temporary lay-off from that blue collar job that I knew I'd be able to go back to when international cargo shipments picked up and we would get recalled to the docks.

Old 07-28-2014, 07:22 PM

5,470 posts, read 6,290,008 times
My company offers a three tiered health insurance plan, basically good, better and best. I've always kept my family covered under the "best" plan, which was NOT cheap, but the peace of mind was worth the cost. Coming in to this year, I knew the cost was going to rise significantly, but it didn't just rise - IT DOUBLED. Yes, doubled from one year to the next. Needless to say, we are now covered under the "better" plan, which now costs MORE than I paid last year for the "best" plan, AND has significantly higher copays and deductibles as well.

Remember those who forced this ACA nightmare down our throats, and do your complaining at the ballot box people, starting this November!

Old 07-28-2014, 07:26 PM

3,834 posts, read 4,437,964 times
It's strange...at my previous job we had a lady there who worked as an accounting clerk, making at best $15 per hour...yet she drove into work every day in a Lexus Jeep and always had nice Coach purses, and lived in a mansion in a very upscale suburb of Dallas. We finally asked her why she had this job, she clearly didnt need it. She told us her husband is a self employed businessman. Very successful. Only problem was he had 2 heart attacks and thus was unable to buy health insurance. She had to go to work to get health insurance for him. Obamacare has now removed the need for her to work. Freeing up that job to someone who truly needs it.

Another guy I know, also self employed IT consultant. Makes tons of money but could not get insurance. Now he can thanks to Obamacare.

Both guys are upper middle class suburbanites, SOLID Republicans. Yet I bet when they come home from Tea Party rallies they get on their knees and thank God for Obamacare. And I bet they are not alone among Republicans in doing this.

Is Obamacare perfect? Not by a longshot. But it's a start. My health insurance premiums were going up by an average $80 a month every year along with reduced coverage. And this was before Obama even came into office. So to act as if our prior health insurance was all hunky dory is to be in denial. Obamacare may not be the finished product but at least it's a start. YMMV.

Old 07-28-2014, 07:26 PM

7,786 posts, read 8,024,746 times
I checked out Obama care and bought a new f150 truck instead. Me and the truck are doing well. yes the truck was less than half the price of insuring Democrats and illigals

Old 07-28-2014, 07:30 PM

7,786 posts, read 8,024,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biafra4life View Post
It's strange...at my previous job we had a lady there who worked as an accounting clerk, making at best $15 per hour...yet she drove into work every day in a Lexus Jeep and always had nice Coach purses, and lived in a mansion in a very upscale suburb of Dallas. We finally asked her why she had this job, she clearly didnt need it. She told us her husband is a self employed businessman. Very successful. Only problem was he had 2 heart attacks and thus was unable to buy health insurance. She had to go to work to get health insurance for him. Obamacare has now removed the need for her to work. Freeing up that job to someone who truly needs it.

Another guy I know, also self employed IT consultant. Makes tons of money but could not get insurance. Now he can thanks to Obamacare.

Both guys are upper middle class suburbanites, SOLID Republicans. Yet I bet when they come home from Tea Party rallies they get on their knees and thank God for Obamacare. And I bet they are not alone among Republicans in doing this.

Is Obamacare perfect? Not by a longshot. But it's a start. My health insurance premiums were going up by an average $80 a month every year along with reduced coverage. And this was before Obama even came into office. So to act as if our prior health insurance was all hunky dory is to be in denial. Obamacare may not be the finished product but at least it's a start. YMMV.
Your first lie was the Lexus JEEP

Old 07-28-2014, 07:32 PM

4,625 posts, read 12,287,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
I checked out Obama care and bought a new f150 truck instead. Me and the truck are doing well. yes the truck was less than half the price of insuring Democrats and illigals
And the rest of us who pay our way pay a higher premiums, because you'll get care without being covered. Thanks, not
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies