Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2014, 03:52 PM

4,919 posts, read 4,834,761 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Did you read the entire quote ?
No!
Don't give a cr@p about the rest!

I liked the title!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2014, 04:20 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,894,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
I can see that Hillary is already driving conservatives crazy and she hasn't even been picked as the nominee.
I am nowhere near a traditional conservative and the idea of Hillary as a presidential nominee is driving me crazy. Mainly because many believe there is no competition for her on the democratic ticket.

Old 07-29-2014, 06:41 PM

78,409 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
I can see that Hillary is already driving conservatives crazy and she hasn't even been picked as the nominee.
She *should* be driving liberals crazy that she is the presumptive favorite to win the dem nomination.

Of course the cons will hate her or any (D).

That you have to cling to the fact that cons hate her as some sort of defensive response is pretty much the point I'm trying to make lol.

Guess you love the union busting old bat of a corporatist. Enjoy 8 more years of crap like the Monsanto CEO being head of the FDA and the biggest off-shorers being head of the "jobs council".

Guess you are a DINO too, or just vote like one.

Old 07-29-2014, 10:41 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,970,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Did you read the entire quote ?

She acknowledge Bush's popularity in Sub Sahara Africa for his and the US' work ( $$$) relative to HIV. It was Bush's HIV initiative that made her proud, blah, blah, blah.
Great to see one poster do her homework, and get beyond the headline.

PS, As an American, I fully agree with Hillary Clinton on that issue. It is something to be extremely proud of. As a world superpower, I think of the tremendous responsibility that brings..properly, and if we can do something to help, IMO we MUST morally do something to help. W understood that, and as an American, that is a prideful thing to say.

Old 07-29-2014, 11:47 PM

27,142 posts, read 15,318,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
You can win a majority of liberal votes as long as you can give a good speech, full of rhetoric, and bereft of logic, but as long as it paints a Utopia with rainbows and lollipops, then you can check your integrity and lack of experience and wisdom at the door.

Hey!

You're just saying that because it's true.

Old 07-29-2014, 11:48 PM

27,142 posts, read 15,318,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
That or the right or other democrats start using the 3:00 AM phone call commercial and say she hit the snooze button on it 9/10/12.

Along with Obama, they both were sound asleep.

I think they were dreaming of video.

Old 07-30-2014, 06:48 AM

78,409 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
You can win a majority of liberal votes as long as you can give a good speech, full of rhetoric, and bereft of logic, but as long as it paints a Utopia with rainbows and lollipops, then you can check your integrity and lack of experience and wisdom at the door.
It's not the sole domain of liberals. Bush II managed to push past much better choices in the republican primaries pretty much the same way.

Hillary v. Obama is just the freshest example in peoples minds.

Old 07-30-2014, 07:24 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times
Quote:
Or maybe she's making them all roll their eyes! She's quite amusing, you know!

Wonder if it was the 2008 market crash or pics of Guantanamo Bay prisoners that made her feel so American.......what a dumb comment!

Old 07-30-2014, 07:27 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
I am nowhere near a traditional conservative and the idea of Hillary as a presidential nominee is driving me crazy. Mainly because many believe there is no competition for her on the democratic ticket.
Kind of like the R thinking we need another "Bush" no conservative I know is wanting Jeb Bush. Someone is pushing this and I don't think this is what Republicans want, at least hoping not!

Jeb Bush needs to listen to his mother...... LOL

Old 07-30-2014, 07:57 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
She *should* be driving liberals crazy that she is the presumptive favorite to win the dem nomination.

Of course the cons will hate her or any (D).

That you have to cling to the fact that cons hate her as some sort of defensive response is pretty much the point I'm trying to make lol.

Guess you love the union busting old bat of a corporatist. Enjoy 8 more years of crap like the Monsanto CEO being head of the FDA and the biggest off-shorers being head of the "jobs council".

Guess you are a DINO too, or just vote like one.
Yep. It is sure driving me crazy. If she gets the nomination, it will likely be the first time in my adult life that I do not vote in a presidential election.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies