Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Israel should keep fighting in Gaza until Hamas surrenders
YES! That is the only way to win a war 128 64.00%
NO, too many innocents will die if they fight to win 62 31.00%
Don't know 10 5.00%
Voters: 200. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2014, 08:24 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times

Advertisements

True - A very few combatants that first terrorized Gaza so that they could attack from places surrounded by a sea of innocents. Good tactic for completely amoral murderers. Some people on this thread seem to be willing to drain the sea to kill a few sharks. The problem is there will always be a sea and it will always have sharks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2014, 08:29 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,701,448 times
God will welcome the innocents into the Kingdom of Heaven. Let Israel reign fire down on it's enemies that would do it harm.

I mean it is a Holy War, right? That's what Hamas and its Jew-hating supporters keep telling us. So if that's the case let them go at it and God will sort them out.

Allahu Akbar and Elohim gadol.

Old 07-29-2014, 08:30 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,489,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I am impressed with these responses. I guess genocide is ok if it is the other women and children doing the dying. Would the genocide be acceptable if your families were dying because some "enemy" genius came up with a poison or plague?
Genocide would be what I would expect if I kept lobbing rockets into civilian neighbourhoods and refused to stop doing that regardless of whatever accommodations were offered to me; insisted upon maintaining the premise my neighbour must be eradicated from the earth regardless, and insisted upon teaching my off spring to believe in that premise in spite of all common sense.

Yep; genocide of my bloodline would probably be expected by me given those conditions of my behaviour.

I'm sure the rest of the world would agree with my demise UNLESS my neighbour was the target of an open practice of a thousand years or more of persecution and racism by you and that same 'rest of the world'.

I find it more than passing strange that a completely different set of parameters are applied whenever it's the Jews on the receiving end of this crap. Your faux outrage is nowhere to be seen when it's they getting blown up in restaurants, suicide bombed on public buses, murdered in Olympic housing or on Cruise ships.

Whaaaah the fugg is wrong with you racist nutbars? They're at war for their very survival and need to do what's required to give the so-called Palestinians incentive to cry "enough".

Simply because they're not as stupid as those who repeatedly attempt to wage 'politically correct' wars that merely result in getting thousands of your best and brightest killed for no measurable gain whatsoever but rather serving only to bring you to the brink of financial ruin, doesn't make them beholden to your idiotic and infantile concepts of war and genocide.

Old 07-29-2014, 08:33 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,855,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Retired Now View Post
I don't understand modern war. American keeps telling Israel that it needs to stop fighting Hamas and pull out it's troops before the job is done. (Why is it our business anyway? Is Mexico telling Israel how to fight against terrorists?)

In WW2, America fought to win the war and kept bombing and killing people, including thousands of civilians until Japan, Germany and Italy lost the will to fight. To kill the Nazi leadership and troops many civilians died. America had to destroy their enemy's will to fight. Israel needs to do the same. Keep fighting until they (Hamas) says Uncle.

Didn't we learn our lesson from Korea and Vietnam that you have to fight a war to win? If Israel is being attacked, let them fight the war until the other side says uncle and they lose their will to keep fighting and lay down their arms. That is how wars ended throughout history.

Agree or disagree?
If Hamas leaders were actually in Gaza, I would agree with you. It's unlikely that is where they are, only their rubes are launching missiles at Israel and the Hamas leaders are hoping for more Palestinian dead to be shown on TV. Good for recruiting more rubes.

Old 07-29-2014, 08:35 AM

939 posts, read 795,547 times
I guess what I don't understand is why other countries tell Israel to keep giving more and more of their land away to those who want to destroy them? The muslims have so much land compared to Israel- why don't those countries give the Palestineans some land? They've been fighting for this little sliver of land for thousands of centuries- when will they realize they are NEVER going to get it?! If God is on your side- it doesn't matter who is against you.

Old 07-29-2014, 08:38 AM

18,381 posts, read 19,020,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kool hand luke View Post
I guess what I don't understand is why other countries tell Israel to keep giving more and more of their land away to those who want to destroy them? The muslims have so much land compared to Israel- why don't those countries give the Palestineans some land? They've been fighting for this little sliver of land for thousands of centuries- when will they realize they are NEVER going to get it?! If God is on your side- it doesn't matter who is against you.
in this case "god" is on both sides.

Old 07-29-2014, 08:39 AM

2,314 posts, read 4,798,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
it's off topic. canada and mexico have nothing to do with the middle east.
Well then so is talking about genocide and Nazis. Because that also has nothing to do with what is happening there.

Old 07-29-2014, 08:41 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
B-S - If what you say is true why are the Israelis not drying up the sea? I am certain they have nuclear and other weapons capable of incinerating Gaza as well as the ISIS in Syria, the Saudi Kingdom and all the rest of Islam. Why don't they just kill them all?

We fight half ass wars because a few of our connected plutocrats make their fortunes supplying the materials while many of the lower class folks do the work and take the casualties. Our wars are for internal economics not world conquest. Our wars are not for the "Politically correct" but for the "economically connected".

Old 07-29-2014, 08:44 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,540,621 times
I agree. WRT innocent's dying, it's a choice of die now or die later. Fewer may die in the long run if a full on assault ends the war once and for all. Keeping it going is just spreading out the deaths over time. That is not more palatable. This needs to end and Hamas isn't going to stop until they are defeated. To paraphrase Netanyahu, If Hamas puts down their weapons today, there will be no war. If Israel puts down her weapons today, there will be no Israel. Israel has to win this once and for all to stop the bloodshed. They have no choice. Hamas is giving them no choice. It is Hamas that is hiding behind children and putting them in danger.

Old 07-29-2014, 08:45 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
The terrorist cowards use children for shields.. that is how despicable they are.. they will do anything, harm anyone to win. They have no rules.

How can one fight a war without killing anyone? They will just get more bombs, more missiles and kill us. And they don't declare war. They sneak around and attack with surprise at anyone.. citizens, children, babies , anyone.. they are not selective who they kill.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies