Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2014, 09:49 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,456,732 times

Advertisements

Gotta love stories like this.

Averse to fancy book-learnin' things like "science"...check.
Obnoxiously opinionated despite lack of evidence...check.
Dumb as a box of rocks and unable to provide coherent answers supporting her own claims...check.

The future leader of the conservative movement right here! She's even got the "lamestream media" quote down!

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/louisi...115123316.html

Quote:
A Republican congressional candidate fled her interview with a major election-forecasting group after being asked why she believed global warming was a hoax and whether President Barack Obama was born in the United States, according to a new report in The Washington Post.

"But it’s not unreasonable to expect candidates to explain how they arrived at their positions, and when I pressed Whitney repeatedly for the source of her claim that the earth is getting colder, she froze and was unable to cite a single scientist, journal, or news source to back up her beliefs," he wrote.

....her two campaign consultants quickly whisked her out of the room, accusing me of conducting a 'Palin-style interview,'" he continued. "It was the first time in hundreds of Cook Political Report meetings that a candidate has fled the room."
FYI, "Palin-style interview" is defined as one where the candidate is far too dumb to provide reasoned answers to simple, straightforward questions.

Old 07-30-2014, 09:55 AM

4,412 posts, read 3,961,139 times
Her response is priceless. "It was obvious, from the onset of the interview, that Wasserman had planned to jump me simply because I am a Conservative Woman and liberal shills like Dave Wasserman want to destroy us," she wrote.

The interviewer knew exactly what he was doing by asking those questions. She can't say "I don't believe in global warming, and I think Obama is a Kenyan usurper, or whatever," because democrats would jump all over her for being... well, for being crazy. At the same time she can't say that she doesn't think those things because her voter base is... well, kind of crazed. She was put in a no-win situation and she didn't know how to politely dodge the questions.

Old 07-30-2014, 09:59 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,702,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post

No understanding of science...check.
Obnoxiously opinionated...check.
Dumb as a box of rocks...check.

The future leader of the conservative movement right here!

A Republican congressional candidate fled her interview with a major election-forecasting group after being asked why she believed global warming was a hoax and whether President Barack Obama was born in the United States, according to a new report in The Washington Post.

"But it’s not unreasonable to expect candidates to explain how they arrived at their positions, and when I pressed Whitney repeatedly for the source of her claim that the earth is getting colder, she froze and was unable to cite a single scientist, journal, or news source to back up her beliefs," he wrote.

....her two campaign consultants quickly whisked her out of the room, accusing me of conducting a 'Palin-style interview,'" he continued. "It was the first time in hundreds of Cook Political Report meetings that a candidate has fled the room."
FYI, "Palin-style interview" means asking the candidate simple, straightforward questions and the candidate being far too dumb to come up with a reasoned, evidence-supported answer. [/quote]

No, she was smart enough recognize a setup. I think she was expecting a more pertinent and intelligent question. Those kinds of questions come from someone intentionally setting a trap, not one interested in the answer. That applies to your definition of a "Palin-style interview" as well. NO answer would have been satisfactory.

This from an "intelligent, unbiased reporter" ? ... I pressed Whitney repeatedly for the source of her claim that the earth is getting colder, she froze...

Cute.

Old 07-30-2014, 10:02 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,877,906 times
Quote:
Her two campaign consultants quickly whisked her out of the room, accusing me of conducting a 'Palin-style interview.'
LOL. As in, we ask real questions and then watch as the dumb-as-a-post candidate flounders around trying to access an intelligence they simply don't possess.

Ms. Whitney is Palin 2.0. Nice to look at, nothing upstairs.

Old 07-30-2014, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
FYI, "Palin-style interview" means asking the candidate simple, straightforward questions and the candidate being far too dumb to come up with a reasoned, evidence-supported answer.

No, she was smart enough recognize a setup. I think she was expecting a more pertinent and intelligent question. Those kinds of questions come from someone intentionally setting a trap, not one interested in the answer. That applies to your definition of a "Palin-style interview" as well. NO answer would have been satisfactory.

This from an "intelligent, unbiased reporter" ? ... I pressed Whitney repeatedly for the source of her claim that the earth is getting colder, she froze...

Cute.
Yes, you're right - it was a setup. For a tea party-style conservative politician, "setup" means being put in a situation where they are asked to provide intelligent support for their own opinions, perhaps with a shred of fact thrown in for good measure. As we've seen many times before, they just don't do well with that.

Old 07-30-2014, 10:05 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,877,906 times
Quote:
Yes, you're right - it was a setup. Oo a tea party-style conservative, "setup" means being put in a situation where you are asked to provide logical, fact-driven support for opinions you've states. They don't do well with that.
She should have just shouted, "BENGHAZI!!!!" in response to every question. THAT would have satisfied her constituents.

Old 07-30-2014, 10:07 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,702,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
LOL. As in, we ask real questions and then watch as the dumb-as-a-post candidate flounders around trying to access an intelligence they simply don't possess.

Ms. Whitney is Palin 2.0. Nice to look at, nothing upstairs.
This country is in trouble because of dumb-as-a-post Democrats in control, so pointing fingers may make the left feel good, but won't change anything. We're still on a downward spiral, and it's going to be a hard landing.

Old 07-30-2014, 10:11 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,466,305 times
Quote:

Averse to fancy book-learnin' things like "science"...check.
Obnoxiously opinionated despite lack of evidence...check.
Dumb as a box of rocks and unable to provide coherent answers supporting her own claims...check.

The future leader of the conservative movement right here! She's even got the "lamestream media" quote down!

FYI, "Palin-style interview" is defined as one where the candidate is far too dumb to provide reasoned answers to simple, straightforward questions.
Yes, much better for us to put our fate in the hands of the Democrat who wanted to see where our astronauts planted the flag on Marts, the Democrat who wondered if the island of Guam might tip over, and the Democrat who said we have to pass legislation in order to see what's in it.

Old 07-30-2014, 10:21 AM

5,177 posts, read 4,794,097 times
Of course it was a setup. The liberal left press bends over backwards to find gotchas on all republicans and conservatives and tea party followers.

Why wasnt the first question "explain your positron on the VA scandal?" or "what is your position the federalization of our schools and our police?" or "what is your position on immigration in general, as opposed to illegal immigration?"

I'm not surprised at the responses so far. To the liberal left in this country, and their allies in the press, anyone who does not toe the liberal left party line is a kook, or an ignoramus, or worse yet, a conservative, who should be mocked and belittled at every opportunity.

I'm willing to bet that if such setups were directed towards democrats, we would find that most of them are weathervanes spouting cliches and talking points. The difference is that they would be praised by their compadres in the press and of course the true believers of the liberal left.

Old 07-30-2014, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckmann View Post
Of course it was a setup. The liberal left press bends over backwards to find gotchas on all republicans and conservatives and tea party followers.

Why wasnt the first question "explain your positron on the VA scandal?" or "what is your position the federalization of our schools and our police?" or "what is your position on immigration in general, as opposed to illegal immigration?"

I'm not surprised at the responses so far. To the liberal left in this country, and their allies in the press, anyone who does not toe the liberal left party line is a kook, or an ignoramus, or worse yet, a conservative, who should be mocked and belittled at every opportunity.

I'm willing to bet that if such setups were directed towards democrats, we would find that most of them are weathervanes spouting cliches and talking points. The difference is that they would be praised by their compadres in the press and of course the true believers of the liberal left.
If she said that global warming is a hoax, why can't she provide some logical, evidence-based support for it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies