Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2014, 08:48 AM

2,125 posts, read 1,481,319 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
I place more value on a fully born and living woman's right to control her own health care than I do potential life.
My values are simply different than yours.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2014, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Thank you for admitting that other women's pregnancies are absolutely, positively not your problem (and by extension, not your business). Very good!! I'm proud of you for finally coming to this realization.
I've always held that position. What makes it my business is that I morally oppose abortion and that it is my tax dollars that are being used to fund the heinous, evil, and despicable act.

Old 07-31-2014, 08:57 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,933,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_human_being View Post
I've always held that position. What makes it my business is that I morally oppose abortion and that it is my tax dollars that are being used to fund the heinous, evil, and despicable act.
Problem is that I know you not only want tax dollars being banned from helping other pay for their medical procedure you also want laws banning anyone from getting one period, no matter what the reason and I doubt you would stop there contraceptives are just as evil in the mind of your ilk meaning you want to control other peoples reproductive rights. Give you a foor and you would take a mile and that is why you dance around questions when they are asked of you, you know that if people that support some limitations on abortions knew your ultimate agenda and goal they would abandon you. You will never get your goals made into law, been tried, and has always failed and always will.

Old 07-31-2014, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Problem is that I know you not only want tax dollars being banned from helping other pay for their medical procedure you also want laws banning anyone from getting one period, no matter what the reason and I doubt you would stop there contraceptives are just as evil in the mind of your ilk meaning you want to control other peoples reproductive rights. Give you a foor and you would take a mile and that is why you dance around questions when they are asked of you, you know that if people that support some limitations on abortions knew your ultimate agenda and goal they would abandon you. You will never get your goals made into law, been tried, and has always failed and always will.
Absolutely!! I've never denied that I want people to be responsible for themselves and not a burden upon others. What's the news to that? I believe in self reliance and fending for oneself. I believe we each are personally responsible for our bad decisions and should personally reap the rewards for our own good decisions. I believe an individual should reap the fruits of his own industry, ambition, and work ethic.
I'm not ashamed of my position. I've made my own success and I've paid for my own mistakes myself. Why are other people's bad choices and mistakes any of mine to pay for?

Old 07-31-2014, 11:07 AM

1,397 posts, read 1,619,032 times
Quote:
I place more value on human life than you. It's that simple.
This, hands-down, is the funniest comment I've seen from you, ever. The fact that you have the total audacity to consider yourself something of a humanist shows just how deep the delusion runs.

More like, you place more value on the unborn than others. Once they're born they're totally screwed and on their own.

Old 07-31-2014, 11:09 AM

1,397 posts, read 1,619,032 times
Quote:
I oppose "my" tax dollars going to the Iraq war, and have since day 1. Our government does "heinous, evil, and despicable" things to people, and has for a very long time. What's your point?

Old 07-31-2014, 11:10 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,320,820 times
Quote:
I feel sorry for you.
How you feel about me doesn't matter to me at all.

Old 07-31-2014, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC84 View Post
This, hands-down, is the funniest comment I've seen from you, ever. The fact that you have the total audacity to consider yourself something of a humanist shows just how deep the delusion runs.

More like, you place more value on the unborn than others. Once they're born they're totally screwed and on their own.

Coming from you - I consider that a compliment. How are they screwed? There are assistance programs galore already in place for them.

Old 07-31-2014, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC84 View Post
I oppose "my" tax dollars going to the Iraq war, and have since day 1. Our government does "heinous, evil, and despicable" things to people, and has for a very long time. What's your point?
I don't like war any better than you do but I did participate in one. I didn't volunteer either - I was drafted. Have you served in a war? The Iraq War had the approval of Congress - both Parties.

Old 07-31-2014, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
How you feel about me doesn't matter to me at all.
Ditto!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies