Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2014, 03:41 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,673,547 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
And the current speaker has stated the samething....

However, what did she say....what you are saying, is NOT what she stated....now is it...

Do you undertand now?

What did she mean by this then?
When Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee (D) said :We did not seek an impeachment of President Bush I think what she was saying was '"we' stopped me from impeaching Bush." In other words, the democrats stopped her from impeaching Bush. LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2014, 03:57 PM

6,391 posts, read 5,165,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
This moron is the gift that keeps giving. Why does she keep getting reelected, are her constituents really this stupid?

We Never Tried To Impeach Bush

Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee (D): "I ask my colleagues to oppose this resolution for it is in fact a veiled attempt at impeachment and it undermines the law that allows a president to do his job. A historical fact: President Bush pushed this nation into a war that had little to do with apprehending terrorists. We did not seek an impeachment of President Bush, because as an executive, he had his authority. President Obama has the authority."

Except, that she was a co-sponsor of Kucinich's bill citing articles of impeachment....against President Bush.

Bill Summary & Status 110th Congress (2007 - 2008) H.RES.1258 Cosponsors
She's a liar.

Here's another link -

Efforts to impeach George W. Bush - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 07-31-2014, 04:48 PM

27,119 posts, read 15,300,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
THAT is funny! Odd that she forgot about that little incident, that she co-sponsored.

Or, maybe not that odd. Politicians seem to have a very poor memory.

Democrat politicians lies are the new truth.

Old 07-31-2014, 05:03 PM

409 posts, read 511,900 times
The fact that she tells such blatant lies proves how much she disdains her constituents and the American people.

America is falling because of parasites like Sheila Jackson Lee.

Old 07-31-2014, 05:08 PM

1,152 posts, read 1,277,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Bush did not go to congress for permission to go to war.

Well, you pal Hillary voted for it, and your pal Barack did not - he used it against her in the primary (rightly so IMHO).

Since conservative references are opinio non grata around here, I'll give you one from a liberal rag:
Hillary Clinton hasn’t learned anything from the Iraq war: The former secretary of state is just as hawkish as ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
In What way has president Obama over reached ????
How has Mr. Obama overreached?

He's chosen to disregard enforcement of laws inconvenient to his political positions - the employer mandate in the ACA to name the subject of the House lawsuit. The other big one is lack of enforcement of immigration laws following the failed passage of the Dream Act. There are other examples if you wish to find them.

Should he be impeached for it? Certainly not. Should Clinton have been impeached for lying? Again, no, of course not. Should Nixon? Probably not, but he did have the decency to resign beforehand, finally pulling his head out and doing the right thing.

People who are politically sympathetic to Mr. Obama like to overlook his overreach, excusing it as frustration with an uncooperative Congress. The trouble is that if it passes with Mr. Obama, it will be tried by all following Presidents, even the GOP'ers. You wouldn't want that, now would you?

Last edited by prosopis; 07-31-2014 at 05:18 PM..

Old 07-31-2014, 05:11 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,444,381 times
Quote:
This moron is the gift that keeps giving. Why does she keep getting reelected, are her constituents really this stupid?

Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee (D): "I ask my colleagues to oppose this resolution for it is in fact a veiled attempt at impeachment and it undermines the law that allows a president to do his job. A historical fact: President Bush pushed this nation into a war that had little to do with apprehending terrorists. We did not seek an impeachment of President Bush, because as an executive, he had his authority. President Obama has the authority."

Except, that she was a co-sponsor of Kucinich's bill citing articles of impeachment....against President Bush.

Yeah, she is quite dumb - not gonna defend that one...

Old 07-31-2014, 05:16 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,480,914 times
Quote:

She is certifiably a card-carrying lunatic. The perfect poster girl for liberals. Actually though, she is one of the supposedly intelligent liberals. OH Well . . . what more can one possibly say? Watch re-runs of "I Love Lucy", it's more intelligent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies