Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2014, 11:17 PM

5,738 posts, read 5,418,820 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Indiana is run by republicans. So is Missouri for the most part.

If you want to attack Liberals for individual cities being bad, then why dont you give them credit for Austin or other Blue cities that are considered better off ????
But then they'd have to acknowledge that partisan politics can't explain every single that ever happens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2014, 07:26 AM

13,715 posts, read 31,057,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
"Hooray for lower wages and less workplace protections! Let's all race to Third World status! Those kind hearted corporations will protect us and provide for all! USA! USA! USA!"
Hooray for wages in America that have a hope of keeping jobs in the US instead of moving offshore and letting workers use their job performance to determine their pay instead of seniority or union politics.

Old 08-01-2014, 07:29 AM

58,623 posts, read 26,934,714 times
Quote:
Some of those ethics complaints were indeed stupid(false is the wrong word, as they were all true, Alaska has a low bar for ethics complaints), but most of them werent from the left, heck sitting Republicans in the Alaska legislature filed ethics claims against her.

Stop blaming Democrats/ The Left for Palin just not being a good governor.
"they were all true" You need to get new news sources. NOT ONE was true and she was exonerated, I know I used a big word, do you know what exonerated means?, from EVERY SINGLE ONE.

Old 08-01-2014, 07:31 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,416,290 times
Default It's Over

I'll bet it isn't.

Old 08-01-2014, 07:38 AM

14,293 posts, read 9,642,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Yup, liberal brains are exploding here over that 5-2 ruling. Passing that law has saved the state a few billion dollars.

Gov. Walker supports the right of workers to collectively bargain, he correctly see a conflict with collective bargaining with most government employees.

Old 08-01-2014, 07:39 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,034,449 times
Geography is not your strong suit, I see. Unless OFA has moved the state boundaries to protect Mr Obama, East St Louis is still in Illinois. Let me capitalize that, I L L I N O I S.
Quote:
Indiana is run by republicans. So is Missouri for the most part.

If you want to attack Liberals for individual cities being bad, then why dont you give them credit for Austin or other Blue cities that are considered better off ????

Old 08-01-2014, 07:41 AM

14,293 posts, read 9,642,560 times
Quote:
Some of those ethics complaints were indeed stupid(false is the wrong word, as they were all true, Alaska has a low bar for ethics complaints), but most of them werent from the left, heck sitting Republicans in the Alaska legislature filed ethics claims against her.

Stop blaming Democrats/ The Left for Palin just not being a good governor.
The corrupt, corporatists from both political parties in Alaska state government hated Palin, she broke up the corrupt good 'ol boy network in the state, you should at least credit her with doing that much.

Old 08-01-2014, 07:46 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,413,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
They already have been. Union membership nationwide is only about 10% of the current workforce. Some of the neo-cons are railing against a boogeyman who no longer exists.
2 words for you.. PUBLIC UNIONS! You are citing stats for PRIVATE UNIONS! Do you know the difference? EVERY single state's public workers are unionized.

Old 08-01-2014, 07:47 AM

5,177 posts, read 4,770,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
I'm not a fan of public unions. Still, I don't see how you can ban a group of people from assembling and working together to create leverage.
Neither do I. However, the purpose of unions is collective bargaining and defense of members against violations of work rules and disciplinary processes.

The purpose of unions is not to overcharge their membership so they can become agents of corruption of the political process.

If advocates of labor interests want to form their own advocacy group, then they can do so and raise funding independent of their membership, same as the NRA or ACORN, or any other advocacy group. But union members should pay only for collective bargaining.

Old 08-01-2014, 07:48 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,413,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"they were all true" You need to get new news sources. NOT ONE was true and she was exonerated, I know I used a big word, do you know what exonerated means?, from EVERY SINGLE ONE.
These Left leaners just plain out lie and they know they are doing it. I find it quite impossible to be this uneducated about something they say they are so passionate about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies