Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2014, 10:57 AM

41,111 posts, read 25,645,826 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
How so? So are you unaware of the 24th amendment?
A typical leftie tactic. If they don't like what is said... distract.

Stay on topic of the thread (below)

Wisconsin Supreme Court Upholds State's Voter ID Law
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2014, 11:02 AM

9,885 posts, read 10,927,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
Montana has no voted id law actually. It's requested, but not actually required to show one. Voter Identification Requirements | Voter ID Laws
Here is the actual Montana law. YOU read it, and tell me exactly what is required to vote:

MCA 13-13-114. Voter identification and marking precinct register book before elector votes -- provisional voting. (1) (a) Before an elector is permitted to receive a ballot or vote, the elector shall present to an election judge a current photo identification showing the elector's name. If the elector does not present photo identification, including but not limited to a valid driver's license, a school district or postsecondary education photo identification, or a tribal photo identification, the elector shall present a current utility bill, bank statement, paycheck, notice of confirmation of voter registration issued pursuant to 13-2-207, government check, or other government document that shows the elector's name and current address.
(b) An elector who provides the information listed in subsection (1)(a) may sign the precinct register and must be provided with a regular ballot to vote.
(c) If the information provided in subsection (1)(a) differs from information in the precinct register but an election judge determines that the information provided is sufficient to verify the voter's identity and eligibility to vote pursuant to 13-2-512, the elector may sign the precinct register, complete a transfer form or new registration form to correct the elector's voter registration information, and vote.
(d) An election judge shall write "transfer form" or "registration form" beside the name of any elector submitting a form.
(2) If the information presented under subsection (1) is insufficient to verify the elector's identity and eligibility to vote or if the elector's name does not appear in the precinct register or appears in the register as provisionally registered and this provisional registration status cannot be resolved at the polling place, the elector may sign the precinct register and cast a provisional ballot as provided in 13-13-601.
(3) If the elector fails or refuses to sign the elector's name or if the elector is disabled and a fingerprint, an identifying mark, or a signature by a person authorized to sign for the elector pursuant to 13-1-116 is not provided, the elector may cast a provisional ballot as provided in 13-13-601."

I know what I think it says("the elector shall present to an election judge a current photo identification showing the elector's name" seems pretty clear), what do YOU think?

Old 08-07-2014, 11:05 AM

20,410 posts, read 12,328,971 times
itsnt it awful? you have to give your ID to buy cold medicine, but if you are picking the people who will determine the course of the state you live in, or even the nation... you know the men and women whos every decision impacts billions upon billions of dollars, and up to 300+ million lives....

heck naw! No need to prove you are who you say you are. I mean thats just un called for!

makes as much sense as a football bat.

Old 08-07-2014, 11:18 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,516,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
A typical leftie tactic. If they don't like what is said... distract.

Stay on topic of the thread (below)

Wisconsin Supreme Court Upholds State's Voter ID Law
I could just as easily say that when someone can't answer a question they resort to saying that someone needs to stay on topic. I am on topic. If you read my initial post I said the state Supreme Court decision means nothing until the federal appeals court in Chicago makes a decision. Until then, no one has to show i.d.....as they haven't had to before. And where was all this rampant fraud that has been alleged? I actually don't care if you show an i.d.. What I take issue with is charging someone to get specifically a voter i.d. That is a poll tax which is unconstitutional. Requiring someone to get their birth certificate in order to get specifically a voter i.d. & charging them for the certificate is a poll tax which is unconstitutional. I don't know how people cannot understand that. It is basic.

Old 08-07-2014, 11:34 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,164,114 times
Quote:
How so? So are you unaware of the 24th amendment?

here you go, the 24th Amendment.

Twenty-fourth Amendment to the United States Constitution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I do not see anywhere where a voter ID cannot be required. no poll taxes. it would not be hard at all for the states to pony up a few dollars for all American citizens for those citizens that do not already have a state drivers license.

Old 08-07-2014, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
here you go, the 24th Amendment.

Twenty-fourth Amendment to the United States Constitution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I do not see anywhere where a voter ID cannot be required. no poll taxes. it would not be hard at all for the states to pony up a few dollars for all American citizens for those citizens that do not already have a state drivers license.
Yes, if you notice from my other posts, a poll tax is specifically what I was arguing.

Old 08-07-2014, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Yes, if you notice from my other posts, a poll tax is specifically what I was arguing.
Oh poor poor you. You would have to pay a few dollars like everyone else. You want to be part of society except when it might require you pay a few dollars.

You demand that others pay higher taxes yet you are unwilling to pay a few dollars. People who can't even get a proper voter ID truly are drags on our country.

People who claim they can't get a proper voter ID are truly pathetic.

Old 08-07-2014, 12:23 PM

If you agree with being required to produce an ID.. give it up. These people love to claim stupidity and poverty when it's convenient. They can buy booze, hookers, drugs, have big screen tv's iPads, iPods, have internet, cell phones, eat plenty yet they can't take the time or pay a few dollars to get a voter id.

Old 08-07-2014, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Oh poor poor you. You would have to pay a few dollars like everyone else. You want to be part of society except when it might require you pay a few dollars.

You demand that others pay higher taxes yet you are unwilling to pay a few dollars. People who can't even get a proper voter ID truly are drags on our country.

People who claim they can't get a proper voter ID are truly pathetic.
I'm shocked that you would not want to abide the constitution. As for the rest of your post, it has nothing to do w/the topic. As I mentioned, having a voter i.d. Is not the issue, it is the poll tax, which is unconstitutional as you should know. Wisconsin had not required a voter i.d. & the alleged voter fraud has been virtually nil.

Old 08-07-2014, 02:50 PM

Quote:
I'm shocked that you would not want to abide the constitution. As for the rest of your post, it has nothing to do w/the topic. As I mentioned, having a voter i.d. Is not the issue, it is the poll tax, which is unconstitutional as you should know. Wisconsin had not required a voter i.d. & the alleged voter fraud has been virtually nil.
Obama doesn't like to comply with the constitution.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies