Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2014, 10:07 AM

13,714 posts, read 31,169,560 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
Americas liberals and conservatives are lost and separated.

What conservatives don't understand is that most liberals want to live in a conservative country, like Switzerland. Switzerland has small government, low corporate tax rates, public gun ranges, a citizen militia, no welfare freeloaders, ex.ex. And Switzerland beats America in everything from economy to poverty levels.

But conservatives in Switzerland listen to liberals desires. They make sure workers have high wages, they give everyone healthcare, there is very little poverty, very little pollution, ex.ex. And they do this with conservative policies.

America's conservatives need to listen to liberals desires of respecting the poor, respecting workers, and respecting the environment, (and then fix our country.)

Its not about democrat or republican, rather its about America. And I wish real liberals, moderates, and real conservatives would come together in some way, and stop all this ignore the facts and do nothing stupidity, and then focus on fixing our country.

Perhaps the only thing we could all agree on is that America is going downhill and getting worse.

Chad.
Switzerland, more than anything, is insular and focused on me me me me. That is at the heart of their neutrality. I love Switzerland - I have been there multiple times and almost took a job last year in Zurich. But Switzerland is more than a bit haughty. They do not have a minimum wage. The don't do anything per se to cause high wages. Those wages are high because the cost of living is very high and the workforce is skilled and in tight supply. Switzerland does not welcome immigrants and foreign labor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2014, 11:13 AM

9,282 posts, read 6,740,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
nope.

NAFTA was passed with 102 Democrats for it, 156 against

132 Republicans for it , 44 against it

in the Senate, 27 Democrats for, 30 against

34 Republicans for, 9 against.

Tha Majority of Democrats were against NAFTA, where as a majority of Republicans were for it.
So its all about NFTA, nothing in the 1960`s adn 1970`s had anything to do with it?

And NAFTA is single handedly one of the worst things ever done to this nation.

Old 08-06-2014, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
The question is... do you value a functioning society or a completely "free" society? The type of society proposed by the right-libertarians is dysfunctional anarchy. Left-libertarians like myself align closer to Democrats; freedom from government in social issues but government regulation of capitalism.
Hey we value liberty more then security..If you don`t that is fine, Move. You can have everything you want in another nation that has a people and culture that values security more then it values liberty.

Old 08-06-2014, 11:28 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,934,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
Funny how liberals don't vote for politicians who want that kind of government/country, they elect politicians who are doing everything they can to move us in the exact opposite direction. If all of that is really what liberals want they really are lost and need to wake up about who they elect.
Maybe if the Republicans could supply some candidates that are acceptable the GOP would be in charge of everything. Let's us hope the last two Presidential Elections were not an indicator of the best the GOP has to offer.

Old 08-06-2014, 12:01 PM

5,735 posts, read 3,250,687 times
acceptable meaning...? tax and spend liberals?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Maybe if the Republicans could supply some candidates that are acceptable the GOP would be in charge of everything. Let's us hope the last two Presidential Elections were not an indicator of the best the GOP has to offer.

Old 08-06-2014, 12:05 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,727,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
LOL ^^^^ and he thinks Obama is acceptable.

Old 08-06-2014, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
>>> implying that liberals "allow" more freedoms<<<

What a joke. Interesting use of the word "allow" btw. If someone or something has to "allow" you to do it, then it is not a freedom, it is a privilege.... Not surprising you would use that word considering the left insists on controlling every aspect of life for "the common good"

Don't get me wrong, the Conservative Right are also a danger to liberty, but let's not pretend Liberals are any better.... that's a laugh.
Hey the same side that imports poverty via illegal immigration.

The same side that is losing the fight against school vouchers and charter schools

The sane side that is losing the fight against the flat tax.

The same side that is losing its epic fail of a fight against the 2nd Amendment.

I mean the Neo Cons are on their way out, the leftist are just doubling down on failures.

Old 08-06-2014, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
acceptable meaning...? tax and spend liberals?
You assume often don't ya?
No, not a loose cannon and nutjob like McSame and Moosegirl and not the same thing we already had in office like Romney. Right now I see little in the GOP I like, maybe Christie because he is more of a Moderate than the rest I know about, and there is there is no way I or many other Indes could ever back the likes of Cruz. So what ya got to offer?

Old 08-06-2014, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
LOL ^^^^ and he thinks Obama is acceptable.
Compared to what you guys offered, Yes. Try harder next time, I do not want to vote for Hillary, give me a real choice

Old 08-06-2014, 12:35 PM

38,644 posts, read 26,371,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
nope.

NAFTA was passed with 102 Democrats for it, 156 against

132 Republicans for it , 44 against it

in the Senate, 27 Democrats for, 30 against

34 Republicans for, 9 against.

Tha Majority of Democrats were against NAFTA, where as a majority of Republicans were for it.

That's not really anything to brag about.

NAFTA and the 2000 China Trade Act should have received zero votes, but these things get passed over the objections of the voters regardless.

They just sweeten up the deal until they have enough votes to get it through.

As for that elected official that you're so pissed off at, your representative doesn't care if you vote him or her out of office because the people who make money from the treasonous legislation he or she supports will not forget to reward these Senators and Members of Congress once you kick them to the curb.

Their mega-million dollar board member annual salaries that they receive from the people who screwed us years ago is a reminder to those currently in office that they will be rewarded too as long as they continue to **** the country for their special interest masters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies