Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2014, 12:00 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,911,722 times

Advertisements

Hmmmmmmm..........

Wasn't it Nancy Pelosi that invoked Jesus when discussing what we should do about all the unacompanied minors coming across the border? She criticized Conservatives and claimed that Jesus wouldn't turn these children away, and instead, would welcome them with open arms....

I thought Liberals hated the idea of inserting religion in to politics? I wonder what she would think of Jesus' stance on other subjects, like abortion, or gay marriage? Apparently those religious values aren't as important to her for some reason. Furthermore, I wonder what Jesus would think of her views on those same subjects?

Just another daily reminder of how htypocritical the left truly is......

{ brought to you by a Conservative leaning, fellow Atheist who supports abortion and gay marriage }

Old 08-04-2014, 12:04 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,968,405 times
OP, conservatives do the same **** all the time. Thread fail

Old 08-04-2014, 12:05 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,964,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Hmmmmmmm..........

Wasn't it Nancy Pelosi that invoked Jesus when discussing what we should do about all the unacompanied minors coming across the border? She criticized Conservatives and claimed that Jesus wouldn't turn these children away, and instead, would welcome them with open arms....

I thought Liberals hated the idea of inserting religion in to politics? I wonder what she would think of Jesus' stance on other subjects, like abortion, or gay marriage? Apparently those religious values aren't as important to her for some reason. Furthermore, I wonder what Jesus would think of her views on those same subjects?

Just another daily reminder of how htypocritical the left truly is......

{ brought to you by a Conservative leaning, fellow Atheist who supports abortion and gay marriage }
So the problem is you do not like being reminded that Jesus would not take the same stand on the issue as what so many Cons want. Got it

Old 08-04-2014, 12:25 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,911,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
OP, conservatives do the same **** all the time. Thread fail
And Libs point it out.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
So the problem is you do not like being reminded that Jesus would not take the same stand on the issue as what so many Cons want. Got it
Why do you guys invoke Jesus in to the mix when He likely wouldn't support anything else you do? In fact, he'd probably despise leftists. You think he'd support Gay Rights? You think he'd support abortion? You think he'd support legalizing marijuana? You think he'd support keeping religion out of schools? { yeah, you can't have your kids learning about him, but you use his example as justification to keep those kids here }

lol, pure hypocrisy. Maybe he'd support keeping the disease ridden children in this country..... ok, ya got one. That's about all ya got when it comes to Jesus.

And btw, no, it does not bother me that Jesus would disagree with me on this or any other issue. I do not take the opinions of what I consider to be mythical characters to heart. I just find the hypocrisy coming from the left humorous. Invoking Jesus when they need him, and blocking him out any other time.

Old 08-04-2014, 12:26 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,583,836 times
Notice the libs never invoke Jesus when talking about women's right to an abortion or contraception ?

They use religion when it suits their needs.

At least the religious right use it 100% of the time.

Old 08-04-2014, 12:28 PM

68,349 posts, read 54,484,569 times
Quote:

Why do you guys invoke Jesus in to the mix when He likely wouldn't support anything else you do? In fact, he'd probably despise leftists. You think he'd support Gay Rights? You think he'd support abortion? You think he'd support legalizing marijuana?
Despise leftists?

He was executed for being one!

Old 08-04-2014, 12:32 PM

68,349 posts, read 54,484,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Notice the libs never invoke Jesus when talking about women's right to an abortion or contraception ?
Why should they?

Why should any religious character play a part in US law?

Quote:
They use religion when it suits their needs.

At least the religious right use it 100% of the time.
Gee, I must've missed the parts where Ted Haggard, Mark Sanford, Newt Gingrich, et al used religion to justify their failings.

Old 08-04-2014, 12:35 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,583,836 times
Jesus told people to help their fellow men. Jesus did not tell people to send their money to Rome and let Rome help the people.

Politicans use religion to grab emotion and/or produce feelings of guilt.

Old 08-04-2014, 12:35 PM

Quote:

Why do you guys invoke Jesus in to the mix when He likely wouldn't support anything else you do? In fact, he'd probably despise leftists. You think he'd support Gay Rights? You think he'd support abortion? You think he'd support legalizing marijuana? You think he'd support keeping religion out of schools? { yeah, you can't have your kids learning about him, but you use him as an excuse to keep those kids here }

lol, pure hypocrisy. Maybe he'd support keeping the disease ridden children in this country..... ok, ya got one. That's about all ya got when it comes to Jesus.

And btw, no, it does not bother me that Jesus would disagree with me on this or any other issue. I do not take the opinions of what I consider to be mythical characters to heart. I just find the hypocrisy coming from the left humorous. Invoking Jesus when they need him, and blocking him out any other time.
Would he support Abortion or Gay rights, I do not know he never said anything on either topic even though they did exist in his day as well as it does today. Pot legalization, yes I would say he would support it, he did not want wine outlawed why would he want a natural product made illegal. Really, that is all he would support the left on, hmmm, I would point out a couple of big issues he would support the left on:
Feeding the Poor
Housing the Poor
Educating the Poor so that they are no longer Poor
Helping the Sick
Helping the Elderly
Helping those in Need
Not judging others by the color of their Skin
Not Judging others, Period, not your job
Keeping the Planet healthy and free of pollution
Yes, I can think of a few more areas that Jesus would support the Libs far more than he would the Cons.
Nice try though, maybe you should think your answers out more before jumping in head first

Old 08-04-2014, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Jesus told people to help their fellow men. Jesus did not tell people to send their money to Rome and let Rome help the people.

Politicans use religion to grab emotion and/or produce feelings of guilt.
Maybe if men did a better job of what you described there would be no need for the government to do our job, thing is we tried it the other way and it did not do the job. So get used to it until we cure the problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies