Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should we stop sending people/aid to Ebola infected nations?
Yes 92 42.59%
No 95 43.98%
Other 17 7.87%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 216. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2014, 11:33 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,409,587 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Disease doesn't recognize international borders - and it's silly and dangerous to treat it as such. The best place to treat such diseases is as FAR FROM US as possible - or would you rather wait until your neighbor has it?

Ken
You are right but even in the region bordering countries have no reported Ebola cases. So while the disease is contagious it does show that good government and controls can contain the outbreak.

Also I'm more alluding to stories about there being no soap in the entire country, disputes over shipping fees and missing relief funds than simply the disease.

Old 10-08-2014, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
I was in San Francisco last week and went to a Urgent Care Clinic with a fever and infection.

They never asked my travel history and sent me home with Antibiotics.
Which probably what happened to Mr. Duncan. Antibiotics are like the go to for doctors.

Old 10-08-2014, 11:36 AM

13,691 posts, read 18,446,589 times
It's very sad that this man has died from Ebola.

I hope they follow protocol while disposing of his remains.

Old 10-08-2014, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Blood, sweat, urine, spit..all of those are body fluids.
Not all of them are obviously visible that you can see you touched it.

And I don't think our government did justice by playing this down so much to the point where people think you have to practically roll in contaminated blood or vomit to catch it.

In their quest to calm the masses they have dug a deep hole.
Now they have to deal with Duncan's death because most Americans will think he should have survived.
One of the "smart" ones on Twitter was mocking people about not believing the CDC's declared methods of Ebola transmission. He said you can't get Ebola in sweat or that it's hard. So I asked him did he think that even in Africa, people going around touching vomit, blood and urine? It's filthy but people generally are going to avoid touching these things with their bare hands.

He didn't respond. I swear some of these people think they are so smart but lack basic common sense.

Old 10-08-2014, 11:40 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
One of the "smart" ones on Twitter was mocking people about not believing the CDC's declared methods of Ebola transmission. He said you can't get Ebola in sweat or that it's hard. So I asked him did he think that even in Africa, people going around touching vomit, blood and urine? It's filthy but people generally are going to avoid touching these things with their bare hands.

He didn't respond. I swear some of these people think they are so smart but lack basic common sense.
LOL..it's like "everybody loves the baby" until a smell starts emanating from the diaper.

Old 10-08-2014, 12:06 PM

28,890 posts, read 30,251,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Dude they could catch a flight from Africa, stay two days in China, then fly into the states. No screening is going to stop that. The airline system doesn't work that way world wide. And contrary to popular belief, we don't have the laws or the public will to stop all incoming international flights over 800 deaths in a third world country.

I'm no more afraid of Ebola then I am HIV. If a large outbreak starts in a large urban area, I'll just go to my dads in the country and wait for everyone to die.
I didn't say screening, that is a really stupid idea...how can you screen folks for the disease, if they don't even know they have it, or are showing signs of symptoms or lie like the last man did?

I'm saying stop all flights in and out of that country, period.

And you vote?

Old 10-08-2014, 12:10 PM

13,302 posts, read 7,864,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
Possibly, sweat to sweat.
To sweat to sweat to sweat to sweat.

Who wants to play basketball against the Liberia League?

http://www.liberianobserver.com/basketball

Old 10-08-2014, 12:10 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,783,323 times
Default First US Ebola Death - Texas Ebola patient dies; U.S. airports to begin screening for the virus

Texas Ebola patient dies - CNN.com

It's going to get far worse folks

Old 10-08-2014, 12:15 PM

39,072 posts, read 51,199,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
It's very sad that this man has died from Ebola.

I hope they follow protocol while disposing of his remains.
Yes, it is sad for his friends and family. But consider this: had he recovered, it would have left the strong belief in the affected countries that getting to the US for treatment is life-saving. They would have been trying to get here any way they could once they believed they had been exposed. Now, the sentiment may be that it does not matter. You won't survive it in the US either.

Old 10-08-2014, 12:18 PM

Looks like Jesse has the family primed for a lawsuit, smh. The nephew is on MSNBC playing the race card and the girlfriends issued a statement that saying she hopes all aspects of his care is investigated. What an awful family, no class. I hope the hospital and it's insurers don't settle with them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies