Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should we stop sending people/aid to Ebola infected nations?
Yes 92 42.59%
No 95 43.98%
Other 17 7.87%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 216. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2014, 04:10 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,608,492 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
Here is what I think. Since you mentioned things dont add up. I agree things dont.
This Ebola outbreak is not like the Ebola they think they know and or tell everyone they think they know how it spreads. It is a virus and with all viruses the real question has some of the virus mutated to be airboure or something different. I dont mean every case but maybe just enough cases have gone airborne and or changed. If so the CDC and the Governments arent going to say anything as they try and "figure" out what to do. They clearly arent ACTING like they need to close things down, airports etc and I dont know that is just stupidity and or pretending to keep the world out of panic. IE we can have a serious problem I suspect they are willing to risk not telling so they aren't blamed and the world doesn't panic and the markets crash. That is the last thing they want and OBAMA wants is a blame game and panic its almost election time.
So i think they are going to just let this ride out people will die etc etc not say anything different and try and stop widespread panic which will cause other issues and civil unrest.
But what do I know that is all a conspiracy I suppose. But something doesnt add up, and speaking to what your saying with COMMON sense these solutions sound like BS solutions to anyone who has a brain when it comes to "containing" EBOLA.
The US is acting consistent with the rest of the world, who don't live and breathe for daily US polls and the midterms.

Old 10-09-2014, 04:20 PM

15,082 posts, read 14,290,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
This is why we should drop a bomb on every runway in Africa and the Middle East.
Perhaps other countries should drop bombs on your runways. After all, you're infected now.

Old 10-09-2014, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlfromipanemo View Post
Exactly. If ebola is only transmitted through bodily fluids, that would put it at the same contagious level as AIDS. You don't see people who deal with AIDS patients wearing hazmat suits. And they don't quarantine everyone who has been in contact with an AIDS patient.
HIV is much less contagious and has a substantially longer incubation period than Ebola.

HIV, over time, disables the immune system and something like a common cold can cause death. Conversely, Ebola quickly destroys every cell it come in contact with.

HIV constantly mutates while Ebola reportedly remains rather consistent over time and geographical area.

Old 10-09-2014, 04:21 PM

1,978 posts, read 1,548,135 times
No, but we should dang sure not allow people from the ebola infested areas to enter the USA, period. Common sense!

Old 10-09-2014, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
An Ebola victim died on a plane?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
Puked . . .
What Ebola victim "puked" on what plane and where?

Old 10-09-2014, 04:34 PM

13,289 posts, read 7,840,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
An Ebola victim died on a plane?????

What Ebola victim "puked" on what plane and where?
I thought it was the first American victim, that got treated with ZMapp.

Maybe he was puking AS he boarded.

I'd have to look it up.

Old 10-09-2014, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post

The longer this virus lives the greater the chance of it changing to adapt to its hosts.
Or, the better science will understand it.

10 posts, read 12,703 times
It is believed that the Ebola virus is spread only by contact with bodily fluids. However there are emrging theories that it might be airborn in the sense that if some is incubating Ebola and sneezes and you inhale thos germs it may be possible for you to contract the Ebola. Again this is theory not proven fact.

13,289 posts, read 7,840,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
I thought it was the first American victim, that got treated with ZMapp.

Maybe he was puking AS he boarded.

I'd have to look it up.
Maybe not.

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&....0.Q-R5Cm2BIXk

Old 10-09-2014, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by forestgump99 View Post
Do you see Malaria outbreaks in the states? No you don't and there is no vaccine for that, but mosquitoes can carry malaria, yet no real outbreaks in the USA...hmmmm

Think tank time, gonna eat a bologna sandwich.
CDC and the states eradicated Malaria in the Southern states with DDT applications in the late 40's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies