Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2014, 07:37 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,340,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydive Outlaw View Post
Only if they took out Federal student loans to get their degree and run 'their' business.

I wonder how many of those doctors just loved the Federal government when they needed money to go to school.

Funny how it all works.
Should a person with a mortgage on their home call and check with the mortgage holder before they remodel???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2014, 07:40 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,935,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_human_being View Post
I must assume you didn't bother to read the article.
Read it, pays out like Medicare, or at least some might, the vast majority of Insurance coverage under the Obamacare plans are HMO's so the claims made by the article are not true or should we say only part of the truth, something common when Cons attempt to use their so-called "facts", psst half the facts = half the truth.

Old 08-05-2014, 07:40 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,121,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih2puo View Post
There will be a law. These greedy doctors need to do their job and treat these previously uninsured people!
In what year do you presume this "law" to be passed? I assume you have the psychic ability to tell us when Democrats will have a supermajority again, right?

Old 08-05-2014, 07:41 AM

15,632 posts, read 10,388,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
If you read that closely you'll notice it does not say exchange plans are paying less than non exchange plans. It says that new private plans pay less than the old private plans did, which is very different than the OP's original claim.
If you reread the article I linked, you will see the "new private plans" are the Obamacare plans. The article and the doctor interviewed are referencing the Obamacare policies, per the title, "A Doctor's Perspective On Obamacare Plans "

Old 08-05-2014, 07:42 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,935,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Barack Obama's low information cheerleaders (ie. every liberal on this forum) don't have the mental capacity to understand this. Look at their comments on this thread for your proof.
Seems neither of you know how an HMO works and that is what the majority of the plans are. Thanks for participating.

Old 08-05-2014, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
My my, what a load of BS. Obamacare is not an insurance company that pays the bills, Obamacare is a group of well known National insurance companies that cover people, just like every other insurance company. If the Doctor does not like an insurance company they can simply decline to accept it as a form of coverage. I always love when people make claims and in doing so prove they have no idea what they are talking about. As for getting lower payment rates, every doctor does exactly that when they take Medicare, Medicare pays as set amount for procedures and the doctors agrees to that rate, which by the way is not the rate you would pay out of pocket.
You didn't read the article, obviously.

Old 08-05-2014, 07:43 AM

89,006 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturningWest View Post
My doctor is thrilled for me that I finally can get health insurance and gladly accepts it without any problems. I see the same doc I've been seeing for over a decade - no problem. I got my insurance through the federal exchange as GA has no state exchange. Does he know it's through the ACA of course he does since we've talked about it, he knows how I've struggled without HI since '08 and at my age I couldn't get insurance without it.
The federal exchange? Hope you're not counting on getting a subsidy. Only those who buy their insurance through a state exchange are eligible for subsidies. That's the law. One Circuit Court has already ruled that way, and Gruber and Baucus are both on record stating that was the specific intent of the law to incentivize states to create their own exchanges.

Old 08-05-2014, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Seems neither of you know how an HMO works and that is what the majority of the plans are. Thanks for participating.
Another craptastic, fantastically irrelevant post from Casper. Obviously, you didn't read the article, you just came along and pull a few things out of your arse and posted it as your make-believe facts. Is anyone surprised?

Old 08-05-2014, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_human_being View Post
I must assume you didn't bother to read the article.
Exactly. An embarrassment to liberalism, and doesn't even know it.

Old 08-05-2014, 07:45 AM

1,701 posts, read 1,108,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih2puo View Post
Society dictates a number of things that is in the best interest of society. Treating the less fortunate should be one of them. If they don't want to treat them then they can drive taxis for a living.
Doctors, in general are not millionaires. Do you know what it takes to be a doctor?

Quote:
Doctors in the United States spend many years acquiring the necessary education and skills to practice medicine. The preparation for medical school usually begins in high school. Beyond high school, medical training last through four typical periods: undergraduate education, medical school, residency and fellowship. If a physician chooses to complete a lengthy fellowship, her education may take 15 year or longer from the time she first enters college.
How Long Does it Take to Become a Doctor in the U.S.? | Chron.com

I'm sure while they are doing their residency, 3 to 5 years and getting paid $40-50,000 a year, they take care of many less fortunate. And paying off their college loans as well.

Many doctors do help the less fortunate by volunteering to work a certain number of hours or a half day/full day in clinics taking care of the less fortunate.

Assuming you work, would you like it if you were told that you should donate a percentage of your income towards a charity organization? Why do you work? To earn money, right? Do you volunteer to work extra hours without pay? Doctors have the same right to earn money without people saying what they think doctors should be doing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies