Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2014, 11:21 AM

5,738 posts, read 5,442,133 times

Advertisements

Most Republicans aren't that crazy, but yes, if the country was run by the far-right, it would literally crumble apart. Without tax money to support infrastructure and education, it would become a "developing" country and thus would become a very expensive place to do business.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2014, 11:24 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,786,069 times
Originally Posted by the_human_being
Their delusions are all they have left to hang on to. We're looking forward to a Republican Senate and a Republican House in November. GET EVEN TIME!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Yes, and then when they win their power back they do the same thing, your mindset is what is wrong with this Nation today.
I have to agree! This house divided mentality is entirely the problem.

Obama is in power as revenge to GWB and the Republicans, and look what that has gotten us. If we swing to the Republicans and they do the exact same thing, it'll be in a clusterfk!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sAutomatic View Post
Most Republicans aren't that crazy, but yes, if the country was run by the far-right, it would literally crumble apart. Without tax money to support infrastructure and education, it would become a "developing" country and thus would become a very expensive place to do business.
That's still speculation. The point is this country cannot function, Constitutionally speaking, as a one party system; no matter if it's left, right or polka dots!

Old 08-05-2014, 11:34 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,458,172 times
Quote:
Yes, and then when they win their power back they do the same thing, your mindset is what is wrong with this Nation today.
Well it's a good thing we're not a nation then, huh?

Old 08-05-2014, 11:36 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,934,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Originally Posted by the_human_being
Their delusions are all they have left to hang on to. We're looking forward to a Republican Senate and a Republican House in November. GET EVEN TIME!!

I have to agree! This house divided mentality is entirely the problem.

Obama is in power as revenge to GWB and the Republicans, and look what that has gotten us. If we swing to the Republicans and they do the exact same thing, it'll be in a clusterfk!!!

That's still speculation. The point is this country cannot function, Constitutionally speaking, as a one party system; no matter if it's left, right or polka dots!
The Nation could not stand another eight years of what has been going on for the last decade, we will collapse from within first and that is not something anyone will want to experience, many would not survive the fall.

Old 08-05-2014, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Well it's a good thing we're not a nation then, huh?
According to some here we are no longer a Nation, I still believe we are one, and until that day comes, it will, we need to try and put out the fire, otherwise in the end it will consume many of us, good and bad alike.

Old 08-05-2014, 11:44 AM

9,437 posts, read 7,367,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spicymeatball View Post
*All regulations of the market would disappear overnight, except for the protection of corporate personhood and copyright law.

*The EPA would be disbanded and all environmental organizations considered terrorist groups.

*Anyone would be allowed to own a machine gun or rocket launcher no matter what their background was.

*Murder, rape, arson, and armed robbery would all be mandatory death penalties, unless the victim was found to have been "asking for it".

*Social security and all welfare would be abolished, the people on these entitlements would adapt or die.

*All immigrants would be sent back to Mexico, even if they actually came from Chile or Poland.

*Southern Baptism and Catholicism would be the two dual national religions. Lutheranism and Methodism would be banned for their "liberal heresy".

*The US nuclear arsenal would be used to obliterate the savages in the Middle East and Russia. Israel however would be moved and anchored just off the coast of Myrtle Beach.

*Walmart would be the only store.
More proof that liberals are totally out of touch with reality and have no idea what anyone other than themselves think.

You wonder why people think liberalism is a mental disorder? Just look at this list.

Old 08-05-2014, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
More proof that liberals are totally out of touch with reality and have no idea what anyone other than themselves think.

You wonder why people think liberalism is a mental disorder? Just look at this list.
Actually every thing on his list has either been suggested by Cons or something along those lines with small variations, they really are not far off the mark when it comes to the thought processes of some of the Cons here.
The one that is most recent would be the 6th item;
There have been several Cons saying just throw the kids back across the border into Mexico, even though they know these kids did not come from Mexico, and yes I doubt they would care where they come from they simply want them gone. Is that the Christian way to handle the issue? Not by my form of Christianity it isn't.
So when you point to the OP and say you believe it explains why so many consider Libs to be mentally ill, others can point to the many comments made on this thread and on others on this site and make the same argument when it comes to Conservatives.

Old 08-05-2014, 01:27 PM

3,830 posts, read 4,662,148 times
Quote:
Except for the minor fact that no Liberals have posted on this thread when you posted your "comment".
Compared to the majority of religious nuts on this board I'm considered a liberal leftist because I support gay marriage and am pro choice.

Old 08-05-2014, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperionGap View Post
Compared to the majority of religious nuts on this board I'm considered a liberal leftist because I support gay marriage and am pro choice.
Some have to have their labels, makes life simply for the simple minded.

Old 08-05-2014, 05:58 PM

854 posts, read 1,482,029 times
Quote:
Actually every thing on his list has either been suggested by Cons or something along those lines with small variations, they really are not far off the mark when it comes to the thought processes of some of the Cons here.
The one that is most recent would be the 6th item;
There have been several Cons saying just throw the kids back across the border into Mexico, even though they know these kids did not come from Mexico, and yes I doubt they would care where they come from they simply want them gone. Is that the Christian way to handle the issue? Not by my form of Christianity it isn't.
So when you point to the OP and say you believe it explains why so many consider Libs to be mentally ill, others can point to the many comments made on this thread and on others on this site and make the same argument when it comes to Conservatives.
Yeah. Don't people understand satire when they see it?

Of course, the things I've listed for the most part are actually things I've seen proposed seriously by right wingers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies