Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2014, 11:03 PM

39,208 posts, read 27,575,665 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I know many who have enlisted and many who are already there. There is no water boarding. It's just someone posting this to get people riled up.
Well, just because you know a lot of military guys, doesn't mean you know everything. I also know a lot of Marines my own brother was a Marine. He went through gold wing pinning ceremony, some Marines have never gone through it. (Some heard of it, some didn't)

water boarding is used to condition the special forces guys.

Look at this

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/i...0143908AAtemVs

Again, I am not trying to pick a fight, just try to have a civilized conversation. I am pretty sure Navy SEALs went through much worse than water boarding. I am sure it (waterboarding) is very painful, but I don't believe it is the worst thing in the world.

Old 08-05-2014, 11:07 PM

32,059 posts, read 15,040,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Well, just because you know a lot of military guys, doesn't mean you know everything. I also know a lot of Marines my own brother was a Marine. He went through gold wing pinning ceremony, some Marines have never gone through it. (Some heard of it, some didn't)

water boarding is used to condition the special forces guys.

Look at this

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/i...0143908AAtemVs

Again, I am not trying to pick a fight, just try to have a civilized conversation.

No it is not and you are using bogus sites to try and justify your logic. I'm not trying to pick a fight either but you are so wrong.

Old 08-05-2014, 11:12 PM

Quote:
No it is not and you are using bogus sites to try and justify your logic. I'm not trying to pick a fight either but you are so wrong.
How can we be so sure that the site is bonus site and your words are from the bible? I will be the first to admit I don't know everything. That is why I like to read.

Old 08-05-2014, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Here is another one for you

"This time we went right to the water hose in the face, and a wet towel held tightly on my forehead so that I could not move my head. I had embarrassed my captors and they would now show me that they had total control. The most agonizing and frightful moments are when the wet towel is placed over your nose and mouth and the water hose is placed directly over your mouth. Holding your breath, bucking at the straps, straining to remain conscious, you believe with all your heart that, that, you are going to die.

S.E.R.E. training is not pleasant, but it is critical to properly prepare our most endangered combat forces for the reality of enemy capture. Was I “tortured” by the US military? No. Was I trained in an effort to protect my life and the lives of other American fighting men? Yes! Freedom is not Free, nor does it come without sacrifice. Every good American understands this basic principle of our country and prays for the young men and women who have sacrificed and are out on the front lines protecting us today
."

Waterboarding: A SERE-ing Experience for Tens of Thousands of US Military Personnel | Human Events

I am sure you would call this bogus as well.

Old 08-05-2014, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Here is another one for you

"This time we went right to the water hose in the face, and a wet towel held tightly on my forehead so that I could not move my head. I had embarrassed my captors and they would now show me that they had total control. The most agonizing and frightful moments are when the wet towel is placed over your nose and mouth and the water hose is placed directly over your mouth. Holding your breath, bucking at the straps, straining to remain conscious, you believe with all your heart that, that, you are going to die.

S.E.R.E. training is not pleasant, but it is critical to properly prepare our most endangered combat forces for the reality of enemy capture. Was I “tortured” by the US military? No. Was I trained in an effort to protect my life and the lives of other American fighting men? Yes! Freedom is not Free, nor does it come without sacrifice. Every good American understands this basic principle of our country and prays for the young men and women who have sacrificed and are out on the front lines protecting us today
."

Waterboarding: A SERE-ing Experience for Tens of Thousands of US Military Personnel | Human Events

I am sure you would call this bogus as well.

Yeah, I do call it bogus because these are not reliable sites.

Old 08-05-2014, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Yeah, I do call it bogus because these are not reliable sites.
man Which sites are reliable then? Which internet sites we can rely on in order to get accurate resources then.

Oh I get it, since this article is quoted from "powerful conservative voice" it is not reliable.

Old 08-05-2014, 11:31 PM

Quote:
man Which sites are reliable then? Which internet sites we can rely on in order to get accurate resources then.

Oh I get it, since this article is quoted from "powerful conservative voice" it is not reliable.
You can't rely on any conservative or liberal site. Do your own research

Old 08-05-2014, 11:33 PM

Quote:
You can't rely on any conservative or liberal site. Do your own research
This is another one

"Of course, there are some differences between the waterboarding of troops as part of their Survival, Evasion, Resistance, and Escape (SERE) training and the waterboarding of suspected al Qaeda prisoners. For example, the troops in training are not subjected to the practice 183 times, as KSM was. Also, the soldiers presumably know their training will end, and they won't be allowed to actually drown or left to rot in some dark, anonymous prison."

Cheney: We waterboarded U.S. soldiers, so it

So I believe some special forces guys do go through something very similar like waterboarding.

Old 08-06-2014, 12:55 AM

55 posts, read 41,486 times
Quote:
Really, where is your link on this because I disagree. It's not used to train our guys.
Okay, okay, lets be fair between you and Lily... Where are YOUR sources to say it doesn't exists within our military training?

Old 08-06-2014, 01:58 AM

55 posts, read 41,486 times
It is counter productive when the media gets involved in warfare. It has cost many American lives. As a matter of fact my company was ambushed by 107mm Chinese Rockets THE day after pastor Terry Jones in Florida tried to burn The Holy Quran. With that being said, the undo media attention on Guantanamo Bay Detainees was so intense that it caused undue input from people that weren't experts at winning Wars. As soon as media started to get involved with military and political affairs that wars ended up lasting ten years plus!

When you look at the media, you have to look at the psychology behind the average American viewer, we have a well known affinity for violence, as a matter of fact, I believe (looking back in history) most human beings do in general. In the competitive world of national and international media one can not berate the media for giving the public exactly what they want. I mean who wouldn't want their media enterprise to become successful? This has definitely put an undue stigma behind water boarding .

When media portrays only the violence, no one sees the good people have done. There where a lot of amazing acts of courage to protect the people of Afghanistan by our armed services that were never portrayed in media, because it simply would spike ratings the same way water boarding would.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies