Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2014, 10:19 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Because it's a cesspool of criminals and disease? Just a shot in the dark.
So what?

Criminality can be found everywhere (there's an abundance of it on your continent) and you can inoculate yourself against most diseases.

So again, I don't see the big deal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2014, 11:10 AM

24,621 posts, read 19,165,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
Maybe because it's a nasty, crime infested, perpetually poverty sticken, disease ridden, corruption ridden, sh*thole of a continent.
Thanks to the US and Britain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Yeah...it's so miserable that Europeans had to be run out of the continent after leaving their own continent to come there.

The Belgians, French, English, and Portuguese fought bloody wars in their attempts to never have to leave such a miserable place huh?

Touche!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Oh, and did I mention the kidnappings? That was the final straw. He told me, "Don't worry about me -the camps are secure and once I'm out on the rig, there's no danger of being kidnapped."
Had kidnappings in Greece.

US State Department issued travel advisories, travel warnings and travel bans on Greece due to kidnappings.

It works like this...

Truman the Great Christian and Lover of Freedom and Champion of Democracy illegally overthrows the Greek government and installs a right-wing puppet dictatorship, then forces the Greek people to buy military hardware they don't need so that Americans can have jobs and buy things like Edsels.

~19 years later....

The illegal right-wing puppet dictatorship set up by Truman the Great Christian and Lover of Freedom and Champion of Democracy become centrist, and that means that LBJ the Great Christian and Lover of Freedom and Champion of Democracy had to illegally overthrow that Greek government and set up a new puppet dictatorship consisting of colonels from the Greek army and then force the Greeks to buy military hardware they don't need so that Americans can have jobs and buy things like TVs so they can watch the Ed Sullivan Show and prove to the world how great America is.

The fact that 8,000 Greeks died during the first month of fighting after the illegal over-throw by LBJ the Great Christian and Lover of Freedom and Champion of Democracy -- you know....dictatorship is democracy --- is of no relevance or concern.

Besides.....Jesus said: Blessed is he who murders in my name to have one of those new cool-looking Ford Mustangs with their Cleveland 351 engines and a 4:11 gear ratio, for he shall have hot sex in the back-seat and maketh the windows all steamy.

The definition of "terrorist" is any person who contemplates the over-throw of an illegal puppet-dictatorship set up by the US to steal all the wealth from a State.

Various Greek political factions -- mostly in the north -- resorted to kidnapping Westerners for ransom in order to get money to buy weapons to execute the criminals the Great Christian LBJ put in charge of Greece.

Americans were priority targets, especially since Americans were directly responsible for the murder of thousands and thousands of Greek civilians.

The financial crisis in Greece today is a direct result of the Great Christians LBJ and Truman who ensured the Greeks had lots of dictatorial democracy and stole the wealth of Greece.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Before European colonialism the tribes/factions were still killing each other, like today. They were still ensalving one another, like today. You wouldn't be able to find clean drinking water, like today.
Uh-huh....and what exactly were they doing in Europe?

An estimated 8 Million died during the Thirty Years War, and an estimated 6 Million to 7 Million of those were civilians.

Tell us again about the One Hundred Years War.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Actually, I did know about the military presence in Africa. If you can believe it, in one of my retiree classes, we were given a slideshow presentation on "The Rise of AFRICOM"...back in 2008, I think. I was a little alarmed that, at that time, the purpose was primarily "humanitarian and disaster" than a military use of our soldiers.
"Humanitarian?"

Yeah, right.

Historically...

Mircea

Old 08-06-2014, 11:16 AM

25,847 posts, read 16,528,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
So what?

Criminality can be found everywhere (there's an abundance of it on your continent) and you can inoculate yourself against most diseases.

So again, I don't see the big deal.
Criminality can be found like that anywhere as prevalent? Is that why they tell young people on mission trips to Africa to not make eye contact with the locals and to travel in groups no less than 10?

I've been to Germany many times, England, Italy. Never saw any crime, never was afraid at all.

Old 08-06-2014, 11:25 AM

24,621 posts, read 19,165,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Got a question...

The Financial Times report on the increasing presence of our troops in Africa. But there is also an increased presence of jihad terrorists.
Sponsored by the US.

Quote:
I don't trust the president and I think he wants to bring down the country, and is pro- radical Islam. So could it be that we are training jihadists in the deserts of Africa towards more advanced military techniques?
No, you're training them to interfere with development and nation-building by BRICS --- what you erroneously call "globalization."

Quote:
If not - what are we doing there? Why are we spending money we don't have on this?
You are there to enslave the African Peoples and steal all of the wealth and profits so that you can maintain your incredibly high Standard of Living that you got by stealing all the wealth and profits from people in Asia and South America and the Middle East and North Africa that you don't even really appreciate.

You can't enslave people if BRICS is nation-building.

Quote:
Or is it about money? Just ran across this on Twitter...
Twitter? Are you for real?

Quote:
What's your opinion? Why are we there in large numbers?
You're there to destabilize and interfere.

If you destabilize the governments, then they cannot function. If governments cannot function, then they cannot assist with development.

It's like this....you have a bunch of really ignorant stu-tard Americans screaming "China! Slave Wages! They're exporting our jobs to China!"

Those nit-wits don't understand that development is shifting from Southeast Asia to Southwest Asia...India, Bangladesh, Pakistan et al.

In a few years those really ignorant stu-tard Americans will be screaming "India! Slave Wages! They're exporting our jobs to India!"

In the mean-time, development in Central Asia will have reached the end stages of the 1st Level Economy, and they will be ready to advance to the 2nd Level Economy, and so development will shift there, and then those really ignorant stu-tard Americans screaming "Central Asia! Slave Wages! They're exporting our jobs to Central Asia!"

Meanwhile, Mobutu in sub-Saharan Africa gets paid $0.03/per day....and no, I didn't stutter.

As Mobutu moves from the ZERO Level Economy into the 1st Level Economy, he will continue to advance with the help of the Christian BRICS States into the 2nd Level Economy and he should be there by about 2050 or so, and he should be earning about $0.60 per day to $0.90 per day...and no, I didn't stutter.

At which time, the really ignorant stu-tard Americans will be screaming "Sub-Saharan Africa! Slave Wages! They're exporting our jobs to Sub-Saharan Africa!"

The Christian way to avoid that as approved by Jesus is to destabilize those governments, plus threaten, coerce and intimidate sub-Saharan Africans by attempting to enslave them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torpedos View Post
I just hope obama doesn't stand atop an aircraft carrier And say " mission accomplished". That would mean we are there to stay.
Nobody ever did that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMORE View Post
We're just about everywhere except South America.
No, you're in South America, too, and have been their for a long time. The cry of "Jihadists" or "Commie" isn't going to work in South America, but the "War on Drugs" does work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
But are we training Jihadists? I'd be absolutely shocked if we were.
Then why were you illegally buying weapons from Iran to give to al-Qaida to smuggle into Bosnia and Kosovo-Metohija?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juram View Post
The U.S. is probably pushing to invest in Africa for the same reason that China and many other countries are............access to mineral wealth, particularly rare earth metals vital for electronics, access to oil and more.
Um, close.....BRICS development results in future trading partners to BRICS and future homes of jobs exported by the US.

Pretty smart foreign policy, eh?

Geo-economically....

Mircea

Old 08-06-2014, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Criminality can be found like that anywhere as prevalent? Is that why they tell young people on mission trips to Africa to not make eye contact with the locals and to travel in groups no less than 10?

I've been to Germany many times, England, Italy. Never saw any crime, never was afraid at all.
*SIGH*

Do you have any idea of how many foreign nationals work on the African continent at any given time..totally unmolested with few problems?

I mean, what do you expect to find there? Miniature Knots Landings all over the place? It's a third world continent with third world issues.

That doesn't preclude anyone from going there and having a great time. Africans are friendly and like a great time too.

No eye contact? Get outta here.

For the umpteenth time, when Americans were stationed in Africa before, it was one of the most popular duty stations in the Army...how do account for that if the place is so miserable?

Old 08-06-2014, 01:16 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,450,610 times
Quote:
I don't trust the president and I think he wants to bring down the country, and is pro- radical Islam. So could it be that we are training jihadists in the deserts of Africa towards more advanced military techniques?
Could it be that you have lost your mind?

USA has had varying levels of military presence in parts of Africa for decades, well before Obama.

And WHY would anyone trying to "bring down the country" resort to such a stupid plan as the one you proposed? That's a very unpractical way to go about it, especially for someone with a lot of influence.

Quote:
If not - what are we doing there? Why are we spending money we don't have on this?
Same thing America does on other countries. Protecting US embassies, assisting local governments against terrorist threats, maintaining intelligence capabilities against terrorist threats, assisting with UN peacekeeping/monitoring, assisting with disaster recovery, energy infrastructure, etc.

Old 08-06-2014, 01:33 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
I sure hope none of them catch anything bad such as Ebola, the Cons here would not want to allow them back in the USA.

Old 08-06-2014, 01:37 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Could it be that you have lost your mind?

USA has had varying levels of military presence in parts of Africa for decades, well before Obama.

And WHY would anyone trying to "bring down the country" resort to such a stupid plan as the one you proposed? That's a very unpractical way to go about it, especially for someone with a lot of influence.

Same thing America does on other countries. Protecting US embassies, assisting local governments against terrorist threats, maintaining intelligence capabilities against terrorist threats, assisting with UN peacekeeping/monitoring, assisting with disaster recovery, energy infrastructure, etc.
My mind is fine. I don't trust him/the Administration.

What isn't crazy is our money he is spending that we don't have.

U.S. to spend up to $550 million on African rapid response forces

I guess my suspicion is that it's a short walk for info to be transmitted from the good side to the bad side. They are all in the same area. Something doesn't seem kosher to me on this.

Old 08-06-2014, 01:55 PM

28,668 posts, read 18,788,917 times
Quote:
My mind is fine. I don't trust him/the Administration.

What isn't crazy is our money he is spending that we don't have.

U.S. to spend up to $550 million on African rapid response forces

The US spends that much in Afghanistan every two days.

Quote:
I guess my suspicion is that it's a short walk for info to be transmitted from the good side to the bad side. They are all in the same area. Something doesn't seem kosher to me on this.
As if that isn't true in any war zone. Are you always afraid that US troops are going to share their information with the enemy?

That comment does make me worry about your mind.

Old 08-07-2014, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
[/b]

The US spends that much in Afghanistan every two days.
Damn...it took me a minute to process that!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies