Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2014, 11:21 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,931,450 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
So if we took a poll which resulted in Democrats are communits, then clearly they are..
And you would agree with it wouldn't ya
Polls are pointless unless you have many many polls run by different organizations and political leanings say the same thing, otherwise it is simple to get a poll to come out saying whatever you want it to say, meaning they are political tools that some lap up with glee when they like the results and claim are bogus when they disagree. Sheep are easily fooled by telling them what they want to hear.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2014, 11:29 AM

9,470 posts, read 6,966,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Polls are pointless unless you have many many polls run by different organizations and political leanings say the same thing, otherwise it is simple to get a poll to come out saying whatever you want it to say, meaning they are political tools that some lap up with glee when they like the results and claim are bogus when they disagree. Sheep are easily fooled by telling them what they want to hear.
Argumentum ad populum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In argumentation theory, an argumentum ad populum (Latin for "appeal to the people") is a fallacious argument that concludes a proposition to be true because many or most people believe it. In other words, the basic idea of the argument is: "If many believe so, it is so."

I almost forgot to mention, that the left's obsession with citing polls and surveys as scientific proof is well documented.

Old 08-08-2014, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
Argumentum ad populum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In argumentation theory, an argumentum ad populum (Latin for "appeal to the people") is a fallacious argument that concludes a proposition to be true because many or most people believe it. In other words, the basic idea of the argument is: "If many believe so, it is so."

I almost forgot to mention, that the left's obsession with citing polls and surveys as scientific proof is well documented.
Failed logic, many people believed the world to be the center of the Universe, they were wrong.

Then I must be a rightie, since I am no fan of any polls other than the ones we all get to take part in and voice our opinion.

Old 08-08-2014, 12:54 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,087,528 times
Quote:
Correct me if I'm wrong but isnt this whole thread started by a lefty?

Old 08-08-2014, 12:56 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,087,528 times
Quote:
Failed logic, many people believed the world to be the center of the Universe, they were wrong.

Then I must be a rightie, since I am no fan of any polls other than the ones we all get to take part in and voice our opinion.
Then clearly you should be arguing with the individual who cited the ridiculous poll that 40% believe the birther movement to be true, not those of us laughing at it..

Old 08-08-2014, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Then clearly you should be arguing with the individual who cited the ridiculous poll that 40% believe the birther movement to be true, not those of us laughing at it..
I already voiced my opinion on Polls many many times, great for entertainment bad to draw real conclusions from. I also stated I did not believe it applies to most conservatives, do read my posts before try to jumping down my throat. Fair enough?

Old 08-08-2014, 07:23 PM

26,562 posts, read 14,436,712 times
Quote:
Then clearly you should be arguing with the individual who cited the ridiculous poll that 40% believe the birther movement to be true,.....
what argument? someone asked where the 40% claim came from and i showed them where.

Old 08-08-2014, 07:59 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,966,933 times
Quote:
My logic is flawless. This is YOUR Argumentum ad populum:

Quote:
Polls are pointless unless you have many many polls run by different organizations and political leanings say the same thing,
You CLEARLY state that a multiplicity of polls (popular belief) makes something true.

Quote:
Your own words betray your belief in what you just said.

Old 08-09-2014, 04:29 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,701,479 times
Quote:
do read my posts before try to jumping down my throat.
Clearly, many extreme right-wingers don't. When they start crying and whining against liberals making them feel bad about some corruption that they advocate for by accusing the liberals of condemning things that not only they haven't condemned but rather support, then they leave little doubt that their comments have no value whatsoever, and all that is left is the job of simply ridiculing the fact that they're sharing such comments.

Old 08-09-2014, 05:57 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,461,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
Clearly, many extreme right-wingers don't. When they start crying and whining against liberals making them feel bad about some corruption that they advocate for by accusing the liberals of condemning things that not only they haven't condemned but rather support, then they leave little doubt that their comments have no value whatsoever, and all that is left is the job of simply ridiculing the fact that they're sharing such comments.
No, what's also left is ridiculing you for this comment, which is entirely hypocritical given your posting history of telling conservatives over and over again what they believe and feel despite those conservatives telling you the opposite. I know this from direct experience in other threads where you have told me personally what my motivations are despite not even knowing my real name much less my psychological makeup.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies