Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2014, 09:28 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 20 days ago)

29,549 posts, read 16,535,254 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
I'm not wrong, if people are claiming someone is the gender they believe without the correct sexual organs they are wrong. If you have a vagina you are a woman, a penis means a man.
first off, The word you are looking for is "sex"(the organs), not gender. Because Gender is nothing but a human construct based on masculinity or femininity.

Second, There are doctors with 8 to 12 years of education and many more years of practice who all disagree with you.

Just because you dont understand something doesnt make it untrue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2014, 09:30 PM

32,055 posts, read 15,052,579 times
Quote:
No I'm comparing vaginas and penis. The gender you are is the genital you have.
Your brain is in control. It really doesn't matter what body parts you have to determine who you are. It's your mind.

Old 08-06-2014, 09:31 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,320,820 times
Quote:
Yes I do, some people want to be another gender. That's fine but until they have the surgery they are still the original gender.
Apparently, you don't, or you wouldn't make those ludicrous comparisons about being a doctor or being black.

Old 08-06-2014, 09:31 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,891,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
That's your OPINION. We all have them.
It's a fact. Males have penis, females a vagina.

Old 08-06-2014, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
first off, The word you are looking for is "sex"(the organs), not gender. Because Gender is nothing but a human construct based on masculinity or femininity.

Second, There are doctors with 8 to 12 years of education and many more years of practice who all disagree with you.

Just because you dont understand something doesnt make it untrue.
And many doctors believe the parts you are born with are the gender you are. Yes you can change them but until you do, you are the original gender.

Old 08-06-2014, 09:36 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,093,286 times
Quote:
My brain tells me I'm a black man so I suppose that makes it so? Many people with mental illness think their brain is telling them they are Jesus so I suppose that means they are,
What do you mean by that? I know you're just trying to be smart, but it didn't work. What your implying can mean one of two things: 1) your skin is black or 2) you act 'black.'

If you're white (which given the statement you made, I assume you are), you're skin is black. If you think it's black, get your eyes checked.

If you're saying you "act black," well that's different. You can act however you want regardless of skin color.

As for literally answering this, your brain only kind of decides if you are male or female. Sex is determined by chromosomes. Which you have is what you are. How you act however can be different. A feminine man is still a man, even if he wears a dress. Ultimately, focusing on if we call them 'he or she' is pointless. If they are biologically male, that is what I will consider them. If they wish to 'act like a female,' that's their choice, but that doesn't make them technically female. They can of course request to be called 'she' and such, but to get offended if someone whom they've never met calls them 'he' is absolutely ridiculous.

Old 08-06-2014, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Your brain is in control. It really doesn't matter what body parts you have to determine who you are. It's your mind.
Okay my brain says I am Jesus. I'm going to church and tell them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Apparently, you don't, or you wouldn't make those ludicrous comparisons about being a doctor or being black.
It's the same thing. If I am born white, my brain can't say I am black. Same thing with gender, if I have a vagina I am a woman.

Old 08-06-2014, 09:38 PM

Quote:
And many doctors believe the parts you are born with are the gender you are. Yes you can change them but until you do, you are the original gender.
again, the word you are looking for is sex, not gender.

And your latest post makes it seem like you actually agree, you just think nothing matters till after the sex change.

Old 08-06-2014, 09:39 PM

Quote:

It's the same thing. If I am born white, my brain can't say I am black. Same thing with gender, if I have a vagina I am a woman.
There you go again pretending that you are a doctor.

I have a question, hat if you have both ? are you now a 3rd sex/gender ?

Old 08-06-2014, 09:41 PM

20,329 posts, read 19,917,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
[/b]

I think it's your brain that tells you who you are not your body parts.
So even though I have a dick I could still say I'm a gal?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies