Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2014, 09:11 AM

14,460 posts, read 11,213,645 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Since the OP indicated nothing of that nature - your classic case of projection is astounding.

One of your own, a devout CONSERVATIVE, Ann Coulter, has spoken. And, from your post below ~ you clearly agree with her.

More and more people flee from your brand.

WWJD?

It is Ann Coulter who is conservative, ma'm. That is without question.
I am neither religious nor a devout conservative.

Btw, as far as I know, Jesus Christ didn't have two babies and a wife in Texas.

Now, what was that you said about projection?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2014, 09:17 AM

1,988 posts, read 2,210,087 times
Ann Coulter is a professional troll. I don't know anyone who takes her seriously.

Old 08-07-2014, 09:20 AM

68,281 posts, read 54,060,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Coulter: "Can't anyone serve Christ in America anymore? "

Her point was not that this man should not have done anything, her point was that we have a lot of problems right here at home that this man could help with. But did he help his fellow man here at home? No.

It's the same complaint with these Hollywood celebrities who adopt a child from Africa, or Vietnam, when we have so many American children in need of adoption right here at home.
Why is it conservatives don't adopt the same attitude when our government goes halfway around the world to help others when there are so many who could use help here?

Old 08-07-2014, 09:24 AM

38,968 posts, read 27,360,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Rothstein View Post
Ann Coulter is a professional troll. I don't know anyone who takes her seriously.
I often wonder the same thing. But what puzzles me is that she has written ten books, which have sold over 3 million copies. Most of her books made to the best seller list for weeks.

I wonder who are these people support her? She seems to be popular. lol Trolls are popular always have been and always will be.

Old 08-07-2014, 09:25 AM

14,293 posts, read 9,635,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Her argument seems to be there was no reason for the man to go to Africa as there's plenty to do in the US.

Funny I don't seem to recall her making that same argument about us going to Iraq to fight for others as there's plenty to do for Americans.

Can you point out where she did so or should I just consider her the self-Righteous hypocrite she appears to be?
You just make up stuff as you go along. It took a 5 minute Google search to find Ann Coulter's take on using the US military for purely humanitarian missions, "to fight for others":

Coulter: "But unlike liberals, who are so anxious to send American troops to Rwanda or Darfur, Republicans oppose deploying U.S. troops for purely humanitarian purposes. We invaded Iraq to protect America"

Old 08-07-2014, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Coulter: "But unlike liberals, who are so anxious to send American troops to Rwanda or Darfur, Republicans oppose deploying U.S. troops for purely humanitarian purposes. We invaded Iraq to protect America"
Back in the 90s, my brother was sent to Liberia to do an op when he was a Force Recon Marine. I don't know the nature of the op, he didn't tell me much. But he had absolutely no regrets of going to African country to help the people there. In his mind the op was 100% justified. I don't think he can say the same about Iraq.

I support American troops, always will. But "we invaded Iraq to protect America" is a lie. I think she knew it too.

Old 08-07-2014, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I often wonder the same thing. But what puzzles me is that she has written ten books, which have sold over 3 million copies. Most of her books made to the best seller list for weeks.

I wonder who are these people support her? She seems to be popular. lol Trolls are popular always have been and always will be.
I think people read her books and invite her on TV to make political commentary out of a purely entertainment value.

I don't really care for her, she mostly tosses around verbal bombs to get a rise out of people. I disagree with her on many of her opinions and the bombastic things she says. If she is on some talking head show, I'll usually switch the channel and not bother listening to what she has say.

Old 08-07-2014, 09:30 AM

68,281 posts, read 54,060,469 times
Quote:
You just make up stuff as you go along. It took a 5 minute Google search to find Ann Coulter's take on using the US military for purely humanitarian missions, "to fight for others":

I didn't say a thing about humanitarian military missions and saying "We invaded Iraq to protect America" is pure BS unsupportable with facts, nothing else. If you want to accuse anyone of making stuff up, start with Coulter

Old 08-07-2014, 09:33 AM

Quote:
I think people read her books and invite her on TV to make political commentary out of a purely entertainment value.

I don't really care for her, she mostly tosses around verbal bombs to get a rise out of people. I disagree with her on many of her opinions and the bombastic things she says. If she is on some talking head show, I'll usually switch the channel and not bother listening to what she has say.
Yes I agree. She's a political Honey Boo Boo.

Old 08-07-2014, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Back in the 90s, my brother was sent to Liberia to do an op when he was a Force Recon Marine. I don't know the nature of the op, he didn't tell me much. But he had absolutely no regrets of going to African country to help the people there. In his mind the op was 100% justified. I don't think he can say the same about Iraq.

I support American troops, always will. But "we invaded Iraq to protect America" is a lie. I think she knew it too.
Of course we want to help people in need, it's human nature.

Iraq was an attempt by the US to create an ally in that part of the world, a beacon of freedom in the mid East - a cesspool of despotic dictatorships, if you will. It was a bold objective, it needed our full support, and it was going to take a long term commitment to pull off. But Iraq was not Obama's war, so he just washed his hands of it in Jan '09.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies