Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2014, 01:15 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Read more: Dems talk about impeachment 20 times as much as Republicans | TheHill

I'd say the same is true here on C-D.
Not really an accurate assessment.

Carry on.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2014, 01:19 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,064,273 times
Some folks just do not get the difference between opinions and facts.

Appreciate the courage to actually offer up something, unlike others of the prog brigade. Unfortunately, what I see in your attachments are just more opinion pieces. Therein lie the differences between my thread and my post here. There were no sound bites, or opinions in my source. Just cold numbers; that being the number of times media and pols (and which pol party) mentioned the i word. Because progs always have an overly high opinion of there own opinions, they substitute others like opinions for facts.

We all two things, opinions and .... Too bad some posters - excluding your btw - show their .... in submitting there opinions.

Queue certain posters attempts to shout down something objective, that does not coalesce around their braggadocio opinions. Three, to, one...the outrage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Reading Comprehension 102--read the comments-they are all the same.

Apparently Obama-haters do not understand Comprehension 101.

So in the spirit of the three identical threads, I will post the same thing as well. Republicans have been blathering about impeachment for years, I guess because they don't do any real work in Washington. Now it is biting them in the butt. Suck it up and stop whining. They are reaping what they have sown.

Dana Milbank: Republicans see one remedy for Obama

Republicans Have Lost Control of the Impeachment Plot They Hatched - The Wire

Efforts to impeach Barack Obama - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Graham warns of Republican impeachment push over Gitmo | TheHill

House Republicans Ponder the "I-Word" (Impeachment) for Obama

Old 08-07-2014, 01:38 PM

13,961 posts, read 5,625,642 times
Question - has the US House of Representatives proceeded with writing articles of impeachment, bringing said articles to the floor for debate/vote, and actually held a successful impeachment vote such that articles would be sent to the Senate?

Besides a handful of ex-politicos or the "look at me, look at me!!" folks in the House (numbering all of maybe 5-6), it is a campaign fundraiser phantasm. If the Republicans were serious about impeaching Obama, they clearly have the majority in the House to theoretically do it even if every Democrat opposed them. But less than 3% of the House GOP even brings the subject up. Has the majority said the Executive is acting lawlessly and in violation of the Constitution? Sure, no different than Pelosi's majority said about Dubyah. And back then, a few more unhinged and mouthy Democrats liked to float the vague notion of impeaching Dubyah (for "war crimes" primarily, as my memory recollects), and some of the lefty news outlets piped that nonsense, and some Republicans got all hysterical and apoplectic over such nonsense, and in the end, the then Speaker Pelosi did the same nothing to actually try to impeach Dubyah that Boehner will do trying to impeach Obama.

It's partisan nonsense meant to gin up money for Democrats this campaign season, just as it was partisan nonsense to gin up Republican donors/votes when the GOP was sending "oh noez teh sky am falling" emails and fliers when Dubyah was POTUS.

No serious Republican is even pondering impeachment. It's lose-lose-lose in every direction, and even total dopes like the Karl Roves of the world get it. Taking Obama's Senate away is a far more brutal, deserving, and effective punishment for the Man Who Would Be Caesar, and the GOP understands it. The Democrats are just floating this boogeyman to try and bludgeon their way to "executive order trumps actual legislation" victory on immigration, hoping big enough amnesty might save a few Dem Senate chairs.

Old 08-07-2014, 02:15 PM

46,961 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
No serious Republican is even pondering impeachment.
Darrel Issa not being serious: Congressman: White House Job Offer to Sestak May Be an 'Impeachable' Offense | Fox News

Jonh Kyl makes it clear that impeachment "is always a possibility", but probably in a non-serious manner:
Top Republican Senator Suggests Impeaching Obama Over Immigration Policies (AZ's Jon Kyl)

Tom Coburn, being completely non-serious, makes it clear that President Obama's actions are "perilously close" to impeachment level: Coburn raises possibility of impeachment at town hall - NBC News

Shall I go on?

Old 08-07-2014, 02:23 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Tom Coburn, being completely non-serious, makes it clear that President Obama's actions are "perilously close" to impeachment level: Coburn raises possibility of impeachment at town hall - NBC News

Shall I go on?
The Washington Post is saying the same thing if he follows through on his rhetoric.

Frustration over stalled immigration action doesn

Old 08-07-2014, 02:44 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,115,793 times
Quote:
Look at this, a 'bagger group dedicating an entire week to something that doesn't exist:

National Impeach Obama Week (August 23rd) | Because it is not just bad government, but subversion and outright treason.
I guess it's the latter in your case then, because everybody - including you - knows that I was talking about politicians, not citizens.

There are over 300,000,000 citizens in the country. If you look, you'll be able to find a group of them that hold any opinion you can imagine. Using your logic, I can claim that all Democrats & liberals wanted to see Bush strung up, burned at the stake, crucified and then put through a wood chipper for good measure. Is that cool with you? Are you good with that assessment of ALL Democrats and liberals?

I'm getting very tired of the dishonesty and incredible double standards exhibited in this forum.

Old 08-07-2014, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Democrats aren't making the issue up.
Yes, they are.

Old 08-07-2014, 02:57 PM

23,558 posts, read 17,232,713 times
Most of the country is thinking impeachment as a the most civil approach. Of course impeachment is more of a sentiment rather than a legal pursuit with all its implications.

So when talk of impeachment is heard from the masses it is more of a signal as to the feelings toward Obama. That sentiment is more powerful than the legal pursuit of impeachment.

The dems believe everyone knows the legal ins and outs of impeachment and are sadly mistaken and given enough rope will hang themselves politically.

Old 08-07-2014, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Irrelevant. Neither are in a position to do anything about it.

Quote:
Steve King uses the "I-word", so I guess that may not count:

Steve King: Obama Executive Action On Immigration Could Trigger 'I' Word
You found a single person out of over 500 in congress. Good for you. Is there a bill on the floor? Are there crowds of congresscritters cheering him on? No and no? Hmm.

Quote:
Hey, swagger, do you want more?
Absolutely! Bring it on! Spend as much time as you want digging stuff up for me to explain, in child-friendly language, why it's irrelevant. Just remember, CITIZENS talking about stuff doesn't count.

Old 08-07-2014, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
Question - has the US House of Representatives proceeded with writing articles of impeachment, bringing said articles to the floor for debate/vote, and actually held a successful impeachment vote such that articles would be sent to the Senate?

Besides a handful of ex-politicos or the "look at me, look at me!!" folks in the House (numbering all of maybe 5-6), it is a campaign fundraiser phantasm. If the Republicans were serious about impeaching Obama, they clearly have the majority in the House to theoretically do it even if every Democrat opposed them. But less than 3% of the House GOP even brings the subject up. Has the majority said the Executive is acting lawlessly and in violation of the Constitution? Sure, no different than Pelosi's majority said about Dubyah. And back then, a few more unhinged and mouthy Democrats liked to float the vague notion of impeaching Dubyah (for "war crimes" primarily, as my memory recollects), and some of the lefty news outlets piped that nonsense, and some Republicans got all hysterical and apoplectic over such nonsense, and in the end, the then Speaker Pelosi did the same nothing to actually try to impeach Dubyah that Boehner will do trying to impeach Obama.

It's partisan nonsense meant to gin up money for Democrats this campaign season, just as it was partisan nonsense to gin up Republican donors/votes when the GOP was sending "oh noez teh sky am falling" emails and fliers when Dubyah was POTUS.

No serious Republican is even pondering impeachment. It's lose-lose-lose in every direction, and even total dopes like the Karl Roves of the world get it. Taking Obama's Senate away is a far more brutal, deserving, and effective punishment for the Man Who Would Be Caesar, and the GOP understands it. The Democrats are just floating this boogeyman to try and bludgeon their way to "executive order trumps actual legislation" victory on immigration, hoping big enough amnesty might save a few Dem Senate chairs.
</thread>
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies