Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2014, 05:42 AM

6,193 posts, read 5,367,972 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Or were you just trying to show off how badas s you are?
Quote:
That's probably the case..... People who harm the weak, vulnerable, or defenseless do so because they feel inadequate, and need to exert power over something that can't fight back.
You know nothing of the guy's reasons to make the video. You only know your own emotion. If the facts were known then a conclusion could be deduced. Until then it's simply a video of some stupid guy doing a stupid senseless thing for YouTube hits. Nowhere did anyone condone what he did. You and others injected your emotional responses as well as personal antagonism/armchair phsycology into other peoples replies. I injected some humor along with facts about natures cutest rodents. I feel shooting them is heinous. I prefer to let them croak out of sight and out of my home.

Welcome to nature. Remember your comments the next time some animal from nature exerts it's power over you. And I'm not talking squirrels. Cry for mercy when a rattlesnake, a bear or mountain lion is exercising it's power over the weak, vulnerable or defenseless human in it's path. Nature shows no mercy. Nature doesn't pay a fine.

And remember - YOU brought that into the convo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2014, 06:23 AM

18,780 posts, read 18,137,228 times
Squirrels are one of many host that can transmit Lyme disease: Lyme Disease : The Humane Society of the United States. Lyme disease, to some people, can be debilitating for life such as: "The Great Imposter:" Learning to Live With Lyme Disease.

I am not trying to defend animal cruelty. I do think that we have to keep everything in perspective. I have a neighbor that religiously feeds wildlife - I am guessing that she spends between $20 to $100 a week on corn and sunflower seeds. It would not surprise me if she is known for giving to PETA or AWSOM. But the question that I have to ask is whether or not the number of Lyme disease infections have increased in our neighborhood? Lets 'pretend' (I really don't know) that our local human population has not increased - but the percentage of Lyme infections has increased since this woman started feeding twenty years ago. Should infected people, in our area, have the right to go after this woman in civil court? Should she be considered an enemy of the state? Are we our brother's keeper?

Nature is about balance. When humans interfere; we can tip the scales. There can be too much of a good thing!

Old 08-10-2014, 10:45 AM

2,817 posts, read 3,461,258 times
I say raise up 15000.00 for the ant mound stomper. We gotta put the ant killers away.

Old 08-10-2014, 01:35 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,895,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
Squirrels chewing electric wires getting electrocuted starting house fire might seem more humane to you .
....and what dioes any of that have to do with kicking a squirrel off the side of the Grand Canyon for a laugh?

Old 08-10-2014, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
Welcome to nature. Remember your comments the next time some animal from nature exerts it's power over you. And I'm not talking squirrels. Cry for mercy when a rattlesnake, a bear or mountain lion is exercising it's power over the weak, vulnerable or defenseless human in it's path. Nature shows no mercy. Nature doesn't pay a fine.

And remember - YOU brought that into the convo.
Yeah, one flaw in your theory..... Humans know better. Animals have an excuse..... Try again.

Old 08-10-2014, 02:09 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,367,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Yeah, one flaw in your theory..... Humans know better. Animals have an excuse..... Try again.
Are you sure?

Animals have an excuse? Methinks they do the things they do for a reason......

Old 08-10-2014, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
Are you sure?

Animals have an excuse? Methinks they do the things they do for a reason......
They do.... it's called survival.

Was kicking that squirrel off a cliff necessary to that guys survival? Did his natural instincts lead him to do it? Is hitting squirrels on the road necessary to yoiur survival?

Old 08-11-2014, 06:52 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,862,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
So by your logic, we should appraoch murder or rape with the same attitude, right? Why put anyone in prison or punish them in any way? It won't stop them from doing it? It's already over.....
You don't understand the logic on this point because you missed the premise. The only time to use force is when you are defending your life or property. The act was over so you can't beat the crap out of him. legally anyway
It was a sleazy move on his part no doubt.

Old 08-11-2014, 07:21 AM

1,203 posts, read 1,812,835 times
Who cares. This is a non-story to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies