Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2014, 05:58 AM

43,659 posts, read 44,393,687 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWillys View Post
It is naïve to think Israel is an innocent victim in this war. It takes two for a war. This is similar to saying the US was an innocent victim in WW2. No good guy, bad guy when innocent people are killed, and both hold a certain responsibility.
So how do you explain the rocket attacks on northern Israel now? From this 2 Israeli children were injured.

Rocket fired from Lebanon hits northern Israel | News , Lebanon News | THE DAILY STAR
Northern Israel Under Rocket Fire from Syria, Lebanon - Israel News
Rocket fired from Lebanon damages building in Upper Galilee | JPost | Israel News

Old 08-24-2014, 06:57 AM

4,625 posts, read 12,295,255 times
There is nothing to explain, because I'm simply pointing out that your blind support of one faction is misguided. I have no axe to grind in this battle other than Christian's, and Jew's locking Islamic people out of their homeland. This is the premise of this war, and a solution seems simple to me? Religion is intended to be peaceful, but these extremists (including you) use it as an excuse to kill others. My idea would be to avoid killing by shaming these extremists using their own religions peaceful values.

Old 08-24-2014, 08:17 AM

4,532 posts, read 8,871,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
Actually the NY Times states that this is new:

The pain factor needs to go up. Apparently Hamas is not understanding reality - that they will never succeed in furthering the life of Gazans by firing rockets into foreign countries.

This might be a good way to do it without actually targeting civilians. Start taking down the skyscrapers. This will create mass misery and mass homelessness. Hamas will be so tied up dealing with furious citizens that they might start to discover the beauty of NOT firing missiles into foreign countries.

Totally agree with you! What I meant by doing this all along was warning them before sending rockets. Which is the opposite of Hamas who said they would do a ceasefire yet broke it by firing rockets into civilian areas of Israel.

People who are willing to do their own research, take time to learn about what's been going on over there, rather than simply accepting that Hamas was the underdog, would pretty quickly see that Israel has been consistent and fair throughout this whole situation. And that is it Hamas that should judged harshly for being the aggressors.

As for the posters who share their sadness for the loss of children's lives - none of us want to see this because we are a CIVILIZED people. But Hamas is manipulating you, this whole debacle, they want Americans to get outraged and have the govt back down and cease their support of Israel. Don't fall for it!!

Marc really summer it up well, their parents elected these people, the ones who I have heard force many at gunpoint to stay in Gaza as human shields. Remember, these are the same people who celebrated 9-11 by throwing candies in the streets while dancing and celebrating like it was a wedding feast. Let's not forget what these people are made of - they are wolves in sheeps clothing!!

And, here is an article where they celebrated the Boston bombings! those who feel sorry for the Palestinians, where was your outrage when this news broke??? Some Muslims Celebrate Boston Marathon Bombing By Praising Allah and Handing Out Candy // Mr. Conservative

When hundreds of rockets a day were hammering Israel, where was the indignation???

Old 08-24-2014, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Claiming Israel is an innocent victim is like saying the US was not an aggressor in Iraq.
And - There is nothing to explain, because I'm simply pointing out that your blind support of one faction is misguided. I have no axe to grind in this battle other than Christian's, and Jew's locking Islamic people out of their homeland. This is the premise of this war, and a solution seems simple to me? Religion is intended to be peaceful, but these extremists (including you) use it as an excuse to kill others. My idea would be to avoid killing by shaming these extremists using their own religions peaceful values.
Respectfully, your entire argument makes no sense either from a historic or present day perspective. And your solution, they will laugh at you for saying this. The only people using religion as an excuse to kill others are the extremist muslims. They proudly proclaim they will kill ALL Jews, Americans and infidels.

If you read their book (the muslims), throughout it you will see it tells them to kill infidels, non muslims. Christianity, the Bible says turn the other cheek, and forgive people. So whose religion will you use as "peaceful values".

Like you, I don't have an ax to grind. But I have educated myself over the years on this subject, and on radicalism. I come from a country they have infiltrated, England, and have seen how they have taken over entire areas of the country. They are an evil, intolerant group. They hate you and me with every fibre of their being. Please wake up. If you knew what I knew, you would support Israel too! For them it's Israel today, American tomorrow.

Old 08-24-2014, 09:53 AM

Here is a link to an article featuring the son of a former Hamas leader who converted to Christianity. He gives great insight into how they think and what their plans are. Even he says they don't care about the Palestinians ‘Son of Hamas’ warns Islamic group can’t be appeased

Old 08-24-2014, 11:13 AM

Quote:
There is nothing to explain, because I'm simply pointing out that your blind support of one faction is misguided. I have no axe to grind in this battle other than Christian's, and Jew's locking Islamic people out of their homeland. This is the premise of this war, and a solution seems simple to me? Religion is intended to be peaceful, but these extremists (including you) use it as an excuse to kill others. My idea would be to avoid killing by shaming these extremists using their own religions peaceful values.
My support is not blind or misguided. I realize that the Palestinian people in Gaza have been completely screwed over by their leaders and that they blindly voted Hamas into power that made things worse for them. I don't support killing people in general but Hamas needs to be eliminated and the rocket fire on innocent Israeli civilians needs to stop.

The Palestinian Arabs need to live peacefully side-by-side with the Israelis as it is the Jewish homeland historical and not the Palestinian Arab one as you blindly seem to think.

Old 08-26-2014, 05:36 AM

28 Israeli civilians including 6 children were injured today from rocket fire from Gaza.

Rocket hits kindergarten playground, no one hurt - Israel News, Ynetnews
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies