Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2014, 09:53 AM

939 posts, read 794,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
You sound a little fanatical yourself.
I am fanatical about my Faith in Jesus Christ. I don't believe in wiping out other people because they disagree with me however.

Old 08-11-2014, 12:03 PM

4,131 posts, read 7,440,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
Would you be willing to accept daily rocket attacks on your city from Mexico, perhaps killing one of your children? What if they were not supported by most Mexicans .... what if they hid behind innocents?

I sure don't like the idea of war, but Israel has the right to defend itself. The Gazans have been given huge amounts of aid, some of it even by Israel, but they chose to take it and use it to build the tunnels and rockets instead of building up their city and helping fight poverty.
Somehow killing 1000 civilians doesn't seem to have helped with the rocket attacks on Israel... So how exactly are they defending themselves?

Old 08-11-2014, 12:06 PM

4,131 posts, read 7,440,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ7 View Post
You are trying to blame Israel for Hamas' actions? Silly, just silly.
Seems like he's blaming Israel for Israel's actions.

Old 08-11-2014, 12:16 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,669,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by winkosmosis View Post
Somehow killing 1000 civilians doesn't seem to have helped with the rocket attacks on Israel... So how exactly are they defending themselves?
you have a better idea for ending the rocket attacks?

Old 08-11-2014, 12:31 PM

10,864 posts, read 16,985,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
you have a better idea for ending the rocket attacks?

Yes. One side eventually has to grow up and stop retaliating. I don't think that will ever happen, because these groups have been at it since the area was called Judea and administered by the Roman Empire. (See my post upthread about that. I'm still looking for a link if any history scholars can find it.)

We send foreign aid to both Israel and Palestine. I think that is the very definition of "throwing good money after bad." I don't think they will ever stop killing each other. And frankly, I think we should get out of the region and let them kill themselves to their heart's content. Perhaps someday a Gandhi-like figure will emerge to end the violence. But I wouldn't hold my breath.

The three worst religions started in that region for a reason.

Old 08-11-2014, 12:46 PM

4,280 posts, read 6,082,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWillys View Post
And the Southern Blue Dog Democrats are now Republicans. Good try, but the GOP is no longer Teddy Roosevelt's Progressive party.

Do you mean the religious Christian conservatives who are responsible for the crusades, persecution of Irish Catholics, and shooting abortion doctors?
You're comparing events that happened hundreds of years ago to what is happening now, which is ridiculous. The world is different now than it was during the Crusades, and you know it. That's why the Crusades argument is absolutely ridiculous.

Old 08-11-2014, 12:53 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,727,979 times
Quote:
... They are trapped in Gaza BY ISRAEL'S BLOCKADE.
The Gaza Strip has a direct border crossing with Egypt and had 100's of tunnels (many large enough to drive a car through). So they could leave through Egypt, BUT since HAMAS controls all these exit points HAMAS won't let them leave (because if they could then there would be UNRWA camps in Egypt, but there are none). That covers land. Now if you want to cover sea, Egypt stops all ships/boats that come from their direction too and nearly all are arrested. Air? Egypt won't allow anything to cross it's airspace either. BTW,the Gaza Strip DOES have a airstrip which is currently used by the UNRWA. And guess what? Until the fall of Morsi, they actually had a functional airline in Egypt.

http://www.palairlines.com/index.php?lang=en

So don't blame everything on Israel, since many Arab countries now will not aid Palestinians financially at this point (verbally doesn't cost them anything). The 22 Arabs countries know much better than the Europeans that they are not trustable to actually create a working economy and thus not send them cash. But as I said earlier, talk is cheap. All one has to do is to look at UN volunteer monetary donations to see the reality that people are not putting money where there mouth is as nearly every agency is in the red by 100's million dollars.

Old 08-11-2014, 12:58 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,727,979 times
Quote:
Israel is firing back at the launch sites. The civilian death count is whatever Hamas wants it to be and lists whomever they want too. Just go to the the multiple lists put out by Al-Jazeera as their own lists conflict with their older lists.

Analysis Of Gazan Casualties In Operation Protective Edge: As Of August 6th by Aussie Dave | Israellycool

Old 08-11-2014, 01:13 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,669,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoopLV View Post
Yes. One side eventually has to grow up and stop retaliating.
im not sure why you are commenting when you clearly have no concept of the nature of the conflict. neither side is "retaliating" for past wrongs. the "palestinians" are attacking israel because it believes israel has no right to exist and they want every jewish israeli murdered. israel is trying to hurt the "palestinians" ability to harm its civilian population.

Old 08-11-2014, 01:16 PM

6,205 posts, read 7,455,647 times
Quote:
They also killed 1000 Hamastan soldiers. Some while launching rockets, others while attacking Israeli troops. Others while firing from apartment windows.
Anyway, it isn't sufficient since the freedom fighters are determined to continue until israel occupies all of Gaza Strip once again. For Allah's warriors 1M casualties is a reasonable price to pay. Fortunetly, there are people who think its better to send Allah's warriors to him ASAP and let others live.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.